Ricklef Rider Waite deck via a Kickstarter with a difference !

gregory

I've just been told about a Kickstarter campaign that interests me even if it is for an ANDROID tarot app.

You all know how much I love apps... }) (yeah RIGHT ! If I had a tablet, I might just possibly think again, but...)

BUT - this one I shall follow with GREAT interest. I'm sure the app is very lovely - they already have one for apples, which seems popular - and good luck to everyone who rushes over to back it. Why I am going to back it is for one of the rewards (if I GET the app, I shall give it to one of you guys - watch this space for a raffle when it makes it !)

With this one - seriously - you get a print edition of the deck used in the app - and this is the only time there will ever be print copies. And as a Collector, and as a Ricklef fan - I need it. It's a Rider Waite deck created by James Ricklef, and it looks RATHER fine.

This is what it says on the kickstarter page: for a $28 pledge,

Special Print Edition Deck (Limited Print Run) of RWS2.0 Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot, perfect for fans and collectors. The RWS2.0 Tarot, is a special edition of the popular Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot that has been artfully re-imaged and re-colored by Tarot Master James Ricklef to optimize it for digital devices. RWS2.0 Tarot is only available as a digital edition included with the Tarot eCards App. This special printed Deck represents a one-time production run only available on Kickstarter. The vivid and vibrant coloration brings new life to this popular Tarot deck.

Here's the kickstarter page.

It looks good. What does anyone else think ?

(oops; dud link; fixed !)

ETA I have found that they have a facebook page. I can't post a direct link as it includes a banned word related to illegal deck images, but this should work.

rwcarter

Like you I backed it for the deck as I have an iPhone anyway.

avalonian

I've backed it for the printed deck as well, the colours look amazing. I have just got an android phone so that is an added bonus.

:) :) :)