Card thickness

spiralingcadaver

So, since there's a bit here on card printing, I thought I'd share:

I've been looking up info and asking around on Shenzhen Wangjing because they're who we're likely to print with, so I wanted to be sure there are no problems.

I contacted both of the above deck makers Rose mentioned: One hasn't responded yet; the other said they had poor experiences with Chinese card printers, but hadn't worked with them.

Doing a bunch of general searching, the only problem I've found is that they were involved in getting some Magic: the Gathering cards illegally printed (with the problem being that the print quality was so high it was hard to tell, which I guess is a good thing when looking for a printer?). I haven't found out how much of this is whose responsibility (certainly whoever ordered them in the USA, not sure about the chinese end since their rep has been enthusiastic/not great with english), but they had some sort of press release saying they've stopped that.

Rose Lalonde

I contacted both of the above deck makers Rose mentioned: One hasn't responded yet; the other said they had poor experiences with Chinese card printers, but hadn't worked with them.

It's strange that at least one of them didn't work with them, since both decks are featured at the link in my post above (3rd deck on the page is Victorian Romantic), which is what led me to believe they'd printed both. A bit misleading if they didn't. -- Of course, it is the alibaba site where they apparently act as an intermediary with the printer(?), so it could be alibaba's mistake.

In any event, sorry to have added to any confusion.

And thanks for sharing your information!

spiralingcadaver

Well, I still haven't heard from the other place, and yes, it's definitely possible that they're contracted by a company in the States (I went through an intermediary when printing another larger project. No worries on confusion, just thought I'd share the info I'd gained, for others interested in printing.

spiralingcadaver

So, I just got confirmation from one of the "Holistic Oracle" deck's creators, she confirmed that printed her deck and that the job went smoothly. Hers was a sample they sent us, and nice quality printing/material.

We obviously haven't gotten our deck printed with them yet, but, for others looking, they seem quite professional.

salamandrina

Hi all,
looking at getting a quote from Shenzhen Wangjing for my deck.
Is everyone still happy with their output?