Bad readings

Frederik

Hey everyone
I just have a question for you guys,
Yesterday a woman came by for a tarot reading. Already The day before I Got this really bad vibe that she was that kind of person who was really sceptic.
So She came for The reading, and She was just like "no" "no thats not true" "im not like that" to every single thing i said. I told her more than once, that we could stop if She wanted to without paying. But She Said "no now we are gonna do this". So we kept on for an hour or so. But she couldnt relate to anything. In The end i gave her 10 minutes of palmreading because i felt it was The only way i could show her my skills. And here I could tell a lot of details about her life and personality. And She could relate to everything and was queit impressed i Think.
When we were done I told her that she could just pay me half The Price i normally take. But then She said "no we are gonna double that" ehmm okay?
I REALLY dont get that. Im so confused and The past day i really dont feel like making any spiritual work. That was a terrible experience. WHy would she pay double if everything was Incorrect?
She came to me because of The fact that a good friend of mine recommended me.
Have you guys had any experiences like that? I really need to hear, that im not The only one. Im a bit afraid that she Will tell bad things about me to others.
Thank you

selenatarot

Hey everyone
Yesterday a woman came by for a tarot reading. Already The day before I Got this really bad vibe that she was that kind of person who was really sceptic.
So She came for The reading, and She was just like "no" "no thats not true" "im not like that" to every single thing i said. I told her more than once, that we could stop if She wanted to without paying. But She Said "no now we are gonna do this". So we kept on for an hour or so. But she couldnt relate to anything. In The end i gave her 10 minutes of palmreading because i felt it was The only way i could show her my skills. And here I could tell a lot of details about her life and personality. And She could relate to everything and was queit impressed i Think.
When we were done I told her that she could just pay me half The Price i normally take. But then She said "no we are gonna double that" ehmm okay?
I REALLY dont get that. Im so confused and The past day i really dont feel like making any spiritual work. That was a terrible experience. WHy would she pay double if everything was Incorrect?
Have you guys had any experiences like that? I really need to hear, that im not The only one. Im a bit afraid that she Will tell bad things about me to others.
Thank you

Do you think she was testing you? Most readers will get customers like this.

Frederik

Actually Selena Im not sure. She was just so convinsing when She said "its just nothing like that".

scorpiogirl

So she paid you double for a reading she didn't really relate to?

Genna

When you are new to readings, sometimes you won´t accept that the reader knows more and is in charge. I was terrible when I was young and went to a well-known reader. I contradicted her sometimes, and she had to be strict and tell me "As Seer I tell you" and whatever it was. But I became her returning sitter, and I never spoke ill of her, and as time went by she showed herself to be always correct. (It was Rosie Björkman; Jolanda the Third who made "Swedish Witch Tarot").

I think your sitter was a bit like that. Some readers won´t take sitters who do this. They have to accept you as the expert, when they go to you for advice. But truth can be hard to accept.
At least she acceped what you said in he end, and wanted to pay you double. I doubt she will speak ill of you, and maybe she will come to accept all you said was true. Nohing of his was your fault. Hope this helps in some way.

Barleywine

I don't usually get flat denial from my sitters. It's typically more like, "Tell me more about that, I need to see what you're getting at." Sometimes it comes strictly from "skeptical body language" or expression with no words passed, so I take up the challenge and go at the apparently uncommunicative card(s) from more than one angle. I think what happens is that the narrative gives them plenty to chew on from a number of perspectives, and they just wrap it around their situation. I keep them busy with ideas and can steer them away from dwelling on specific point-by-point "yes" or "no" impressions. If I do get a negative response, I try to fold it into the bigger picture to see what the other cards have to tell me about the apparent "misfire" (which isn't one at all most of the time, it's just a matter of seeing the correct context).

Seems to me she was testing you, and wasn't as disappointed as she let on. Maybe your honesty is what she liked best, even if the reading didn't connect.

gregory

I too suspect that once you showed her what you COULD do, she began to think again about the parts she said didn't fit, and began to see something there.

Tanga

She wouldn't have paid you double if she wasn't impressed about something - even if it may have been just the fact that you offered her something else and genuinely did your best.
So I doubt any "bad-mouthing" will happen.

The one time this happened to me was the very 1st time I decided to read professionally.
Lol. Some years ago now.
My sitter (who was a neighbour that I hardly knew) - listened to my reading with distant, "dead" body language - and on her way out the door told me my reading was rubbish and that I needed more practice. :)
(she paid).
I was so mortified - I put my cards under the bed and didn't touch them again for 3 years.

BUT THEN - when talking to another neighbour - I discovered that a lot of the stuff I'd said had fit the picture - so basically I just hadn't told her what she really wanted to hear.

Perhaps your lady was the same. Or she might discover nuances that make more sense to her when she thinks about it later. Alla Barleywine - it might have been a matter of getting the right context for her to understand it from her point of view...
I wouldn't worry - sounds to me like you handled it well and with more practice it will become easier.

Apollonia

Hey everyone
Thank you
I am sorry that you had this experience, but this type of client is very common. If you are going to read for others and have peace of mind, you will need a thick skin. It helps to basically ignore whatever a client says about your reading, whether they say you are great or you are terrible, because if you believe the one, you will have to believe the other and after a while it will begin to weigh on you.

The fact that she paid you double speaks volumes, but if you go on reading for people, you will undoubtedly have times when someone just acts like nothing you say is right and you are the worst reader they ever came across. Sometimes they will return, but sometimes not. You have to be okay with that and not let it prevent you from sharing your gift with the next person who needs to hear what you have to say.

I always think back to one time when I was doing mediumship and this new client asked me to connect with her mom. I said I saw a woman with curly blonde hair. "No, that's not her." I tried again and connected with a woman with red hair. "No, sorry, that's not my mom." I tried again and connected with a woman who had dark hair. "No (heaves huge sigh), can we just go on to something else, because it's clear to me you aren't able to connect with my mom." So I did a straight reading for her. It puzzled me for quite a while that I was so bad at connecting with her mom, because usually I could connect with a deceased loved one with no problem. A few months later, this same woman walked into my reading room and said, "I owe you an apology." It turned out that one of the things she and her mom loved to do together was to try new hairstyles and color each other's hair, and her mom was trying to tell her that by showing her all these different hair styles and colors.

That was a very valuable experience for me, because it taught me that what I needed to do was just do the work to the best of my ability and never mind about the comments. It's not always possible to do that, but it is a good thing to keep in mind.

Grizabella

You'll grow that thicker skin if you just stick with it, practice, and put some time behind you. :) I've had sitters come back to me a long time down the road and say, "Remember when you saw such-and-such in the cards for me? You were right!" There are lots and lots of reasons why a sitter might say nothing hits home with them about a reading.

Remember to just relax, read to the best of your ability, and then put it behind you. :) Since she paid you double, it's very doubtful that she'd then spread the word that you weren't a good reader. She has her own reasons for saying what she did, but obviously she doesn't view you as being totally inept.

Also, always remember that we can be wrong. We don't always get it right. No reader is perfect. :) That's okay, though.