Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 296 : April 1 - April 7

Green Faerie

I will start doing it again. I have no memory of why I stopped, and of course people can keep commenting after I put the link there if they want anyway ('cause, no rules thread...)

Welcome Delsan19!

And if I missed anyone, let me know. :p

Thank you, VG! It's much appreciated. :)

DaughterOfDanu

Welcome to any new DOTW members and thank you for hosting VG!

I'm loving my week so far. The Spirit de la Lune and the Starchild compliment each other so well. And I have such a fondness for the Herbal Healing Deck, it has beautiful energy.

BodhiSeed

I'm really enjoying the gentle simplicity of the decks I'm using this week (Badgers Forest and the Gemstone Oracle)! In the words of Anne Lamott: "You don't always have to chop with the sword of truth. You can point with it too." :D

Madame Squee

Welcome Teal!

I had also forgotten how thin the cardstock of the Victorian Romantic is. Not that that's a bad thing, it shuffles nicely. But it's thin.

If I remember correctly, that first edition card stock contains a carbon core. It makes the cards very strong, and the deck ages beautifully. I actually encountered a VR on a reading table at a metaphysical fair. It had been through hundreds of readings, shuffled by hundreds of querents. The stack measured about twice as thick as new, and the colors -- protected as they are by a gorgeous matte finish -- glowed under a patina of age and use. I was stunned. It looked better to me than the one in my cupboard.

ravenhawk82

I really enjoyed the Green witch tarot this week. It even reminded me that I needed to plant my spring plants.I am debating on continuing with this deck or a new one for the next week.

VGimlet

Hope everyone had a great week using their decks!

The brand new shiny thread for the coming week is here.

Scarlet Woodland

Spent the first 2/3 of the week with the Dreams Of Gaia. I can tell already that it's going to be an important deck for me going forwards. Definitely on the 'more soon' list.

Last 3rd of the week having fun with the deviant moon. Such a sharp, quirky deck and I still love it. Tempted to carry on through next week with it but its creepy sister is on the way to me so will give it a little rest till then :D

Green Faerie

I really enjoyed the Green witch tarot this week. It even reminded me that I needed to plant my spring plants.I am debating on continuing with this deck or a new one for the next week.

I really love this deck. I have been so out of the loop with tarot and working with my decks that I haven't read with it in a while, but it has such warm energy. It is also a little bit quirky and contrary - it doesn't like the same routines that I do with my other decks, so I have to find new ways of shuffling, doing draws, etc. :D