What Cards Do You Have Trouble "Getting"?

llongborth

The Courts ... most of them anyway. I guess the biggest issue I have is feeling whether or not it relates to an actual person in a reading, or certain traits of a person, or energies or whatever. So many ways they can go.

I used to. So what I did was impose a structure: pages suggest using the essence of the suit, Knights are acting out without necessarily controlling, the essence, Queens intuitively blending the suit with others, Kings willing the use of the suit.
Eg, Page of swords suggests using intellect, knights try out using intellect, whatever, Queens try to meld intellect with other vibes in the reading, Kings try to force an intellectual result over other considerations. Over the years this scheme seemed to either work or clearly didn't so I knew where I stood; when to go with the scheme and when to - panic to find a better reading!

Strenght

One card that comes to my mind is six of pentacles. It makes me want to go, oh no not that again!! I guess the scope of this card is so wide, like who is giving, who is receiving. .. etc. Feels like the card is too much work sometimes 😪

BeyondtheVeil

I just don't "get" the Everyday Witch Page of Cups

I just do not "get" the Page of Cups in the Everyday Witch Tarot Deck. I generally 'get" the meaning of this page, but this one..the photo throws me. I just don't 'get" it.

I put in an image so that you can see...

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

Attachments

• Everyday Witch Tarot Page of Cups Card.jpg
    Everyday Witch Tarot Page of Cups Card.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 175

Redfaery

The Devil. I just can't figure him out! He hardly ever pops up in my readings, so I haven't had a chance to do so, either.

Trogon

I used to. So what I did was impose a structure: pages suggest using the essence of the suit, Knights are acting out without necessarily controlling, the essence, Queens intuitively blending the suit with others, Kings willing the use of the suit.
Eg, Page of swords suggests using intellect, knights try out using intellect, whatever, Queens try to meld intellect with other vibes in the reading, Kings try to force an intellectual result over other considerations. Over the years this scheme seemed to either work or clearly didn't so I knew where I stood; when to go with the scheme and when to - panic to find a better reading!

Thanks llongborth! That was quite helpful. I can see how it wouldn't be a perfect fit for every reading, but it could be quite helpful

Beancrew49

I just do not "get" the Page of Cups in the Everyday Witch Tarot Deck. I generally 'get" the meaning of this page, but this one..the photo throws me. I just don't 'get" it.

I put in an image so that you can see...

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

That's a really cool Page of Cups. I like it a lot. I see someone who wishes to follow their creativity and emotions, but they are sloppy and they make a mess because they have a child-like energy that is unrefined. They are not concerned with the effects of their emotional expression (paint everywhere, ruined clothing). They are only concerned with following their heart/emotions (creating a piece of art).

Morwenna

That's a really cool Page of Cups. I like it a lot. I see someone who wishes to follow their creativity and emotions, but they are sloppy and they make a mess because they have a child-like energy that is unrefined. They are not concerned with the effects of their emotional expression (paint everywhere, ruined clothing). They are only concerned with following their heart/emotions (creating a piece of art).

It reminds me of the same card in the Robin Wood deck, where she has an artist's palette dangling from her belt.

zeldajones91

I'm an intermediate when it comes to tarot, and I find that there are lots of cards that I just don't get. Usually after journaling about my own personal feelings and experiences with the card, I feel a little more connected with it.

Right now, I'm struggling with The Lovers, Judgement, The World, as well as some minors like the 6 of Cups and the 6 of Pentacles. Some of the card meanings seem deceptively simple, and that's what throws me off. Either that, or I can't relate them to my experiences or knowledge of life.

zeldajones91

One card that comes to my mind is six of pentacles. It makes me want to go, oh no not that again!! I guess the scope of this card is so wide, like who is giving, who is receiving. .. etc. Feels like the card is too much work sometimes 😪

I have so much trouble with this card too. I recently had this card as my daily draw and I wrote several paragraphs about it in my journal... and I still don't feel any closer to understanding what it means. Maybe Waite/Smith's artwork is the issue... I really like the RWS but there are a few cards that I feel are too unclear.

Are you using the RWS?