Veeeery basic question about Saturn's transit

Iona

I try to read through the posts in this forum and then apply these things to my own chart (which may not be the best way to learn, of course) but I've been reading the threads about Saturn in this forum and other sites and I'm confused....

As far as I know I have Virgo in the 9th house, but I've read more than once that if I have Sagittarius rising, then Saturn must be transiting over my 10th house (?!).
It must be obvious to all of you :), but could someone shed a bit of light on this for me?

Thanks!

willowfox

The problem here is that I don't know your date of birth, otherwise I could check you natal chart to be sure. But at a guess, your 10th house probably is in Virgo.

Iona

willowfox said:
The problem here is that I don't know your date of birth, otherwise I could check you natal chart to be sure. But at a guess, your 10th house probably is in Virgo.

Thanks for your reply Willowfox :).

Here is my data (post 73 in Birth Data Listing's thread):

Sun - Gemini 19°00'04 in house 6 direct
Moon - Sagittarius 4°27'34 in house 11 direct
Mercury - Cancer 1°33'07 in house 7 retrograde
Venus - Gemini 16°06'07 in house 6 direct
Mars - Gemini 22°17'57 in house 6 direct
Jupiter - Leo 29°13'02 in house 8 direct
Saturn - Aries 22°48'27 in house 4 direct
Uranus - Virgo 25°06'06 in house 9 direct
Neptune - Scorpio 24°30'57 in house 11 retrograde
Pluto - Virgo 20°11'48 in house 9 direct
True Node - Aries 16°48'03 in house 3 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Sagittarius 24°47'08
2nd House Aquarius 2°09'16
3rd House Pisces 13°26'39
Imum Coeli Aries 18°04'27
5th House Taurus 14°12'57
6th House Gemini 5°16'55
Descendant Gemini 24°47'08
8th House Leo 2°09'16
9th House Virgo 13°26'39
Medium Coeli Libra 18°04'27
11th House Scorpio 14°12'57
12th House Sagittarius 5°16'55

Which tells me that indeed my 9th house falls in Virgo. The thing that confuses me is that at least in two different sites I've read that if I'm Sagittarius rising then Virgo is in my 10th. Why is that? Or should I just forget this and focus in just what my chart data says?

willowfox

Okay, I see what is going on, indeed your 9th house starts in Virgo.

Now the misunderstanding has occurred because some people, especially from Britain use a system of houses called the equal house system where every house is exactly 30 degrees, so as your Asc. is 24 Sag, then that would have made your 10th house to start in 24 Virgo.

So, don't take any notice of this system of equal houses as they are very inaccurate and have no basis in reality.

So, Saturn will make the following bad aspects while moving through Virgo, Saturn will square your Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars and it will conjunct Uranus and Pluto.

Iona

willowfox said:
Okay, I see what is going on, indeed your 9th house starts in Virgo.

Now the misunderstanding has occurred because some people, especially from Britain use a system of houses called the equal house system where every house is exactly 30 degrees, so as your Asc. is 24 Sag, then that would have made your 10th house to start in 24 Virgo.

So, don't take any notice of this system of equal houses as they are very inaccurate and have no basis in reality.

This explains it, thank you! (I don't think I could have found the answer by myself)

Willowfox said:
So, Saturn will make the following bad aspects while moving through Virgo, Saturn will square your Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars and it will conjunct Uranus and Pluto.

Now I have some research to do which will keep me entertained for a while, thanks again :)