• Capicorn

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Pisces

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

tabi

I love to read quirky and completely strange fiction. At the moment I'm reading Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophiecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. (Side Note: The demon in the book is called Crowley)

In this work of fiction it states that the Earth was born at exact 9am on Sunday October the 21th, year debated. Making the Earth a Libra (the book not me btw). I was wondering if any of you thought the same or if it would be different. I'm a Virgo but quite think Libra would make a great deal of sense to the Earth. ;)

This is just to be fun nothing serious. If in the wrong sub-forum please feel free to move me around.

You are able to vote more then once but please state why you think the Earth is a particular sign. :)

willowfox

Pisces because from space Earth looks like a water world.

C.N.

Taurus, maybe Virgo. It has to be an earth sign. It would also take away the rulership from one of the the planets that rules two signs.

dadsnook2000

The Earth is not any of the "signs"

Some technical points here. In a natal chart the Earth is at the center of the chart and all of the signs are around it. The signs constitute a measuring or reference grid (circular) in which to locate the angles and houses of the chart (which are locational-based math constructions projected onto the celestial equator) and the planets and other "bodies/points" we use in our chart model.

While constellations have the same names that have been adopted by "signs", the constellations take up un-equal spans of zodiac space. The signs are 30 degree segments, 12 of which make up the circular reference frame we call the zodiac.

So, Libra or any other sign is not (in any technical sense) representative of the earth. Now, if you want to choose a metaphor, Libra might be a choice, except that the earth's peoples and nations don't communicate harmoniously, aren't always sociable. While some might say that they like to fight to keep the peace (a Libran trait) I would suggest that they fight to keep whatever piece of someone else's property or land that they can grab. Think of Aries with a mean streak, or Gemini with a Capricorn streak, whatever.

Just some thoughts. Dave

Sophie

The Earth is a Cancer

I see a water sign, because the surface of the Earth is mostly made up of water. But it's also got some earthiness to it, so Pisces is out. The Earth is said to be our Mother - and the sign most closely associated to motherhood among the water signs (and indeed all signs) is Cancer. That also works because gravity keeps us tenaciously on the ground, just as Cancerians tenaciously hold on to us ;). The Earth is both generous and needy, and like with your human mother, if you forget her she will make her presence known loud and clear!

However, given her composition, I would say she has an Air sign rising (probably Libra), the Moon in an Earth sign (probably Taurus), Mars in a Fire sign (probably Sagittarius or Aries) and Venus in Pisces, because of all that ocean, and because Venus loves Pisces. I think she has a Cancer Jupiter (in which sign Jupiter is happily exhalted) and a Saturn in Aries, since the Earth seems to go through cyclical times of turbulence leading to growth.

Indigo Rose

My first thought was Cancer...aka 'Mother Earth'.

:heart:

tarot4fun

Glad to see I'm not alone thinking~
Cancer
Home-body; Loving the water; Close relationship with the moon.

:love:

tabi

My choice of Libra has to do with the duality of the Earth and the only all emcompassing element is that of air covering the entire planet and not just most of it. There is also a balance to the Earth, it shares seasons and light with an equality. While true most people are not in complete harmony to be a "true" Libra...but have you ever pissed one off? I have several Libras in my family and friends, they are damn scary when they are mad.

And this is really just to suppose to be funny/fun to debate the topic nothing serious...or even possible.

star-lover

my first thought was scorpio because of the creative/destructive nature and constant regeneration - was thinking of what happens deep down in the sea beds and new plates being formed volcanos that sort of thing, evolution, sex, death, extremes, force to be reckoned with, amazing reslience
but balance is a good theme too - the earth is good at doing things to keeping that
:D@us trying to put a star sign on the earth
could attribute every sign to some aspect of it i guess
never stops always spinning looks after all creation cooky and surprising and happy despite everything - possibly a sagitarius/leo bit in there as well with a good dose of aquarius as well but cancer definitely fits well too and pisces too

ravenest

I cant answer the question because the earth isnt a 'sign' it is a planet.
And the planet the Earth is, is Venus. The planet we call Venus is actually Vulcan.

In Hermetic correspondence Venus represents nature, green, the sea, birth, life, love - just like the earth. Vulcan is the 'Blacksmith God' he works with casting metal which in turn gives off acrid and burning fumes and is very hot and polluting - just like (what we call) 'Venus' does.

Mars, on the 'other side' of the Earth (ie. the next orbit out from the Sun) is mythalogically the God of War and conflict.

In mythology Venus strays between her two lovers, Mars and Vulcan, to attempt to find love. Just like we do on earth, constantly messing things up with technology and pollution and war and fighting and ego and rivalry and alpha-maleism (Mars)

If only we could realise we live on Venus, the planet of love and we could find love right here inside ourselves admidst our beautiful nature, greenery and oceans and wonderful (after Venusian transformation) fellow beings. Then perhaps we would not be so fascinated with war and polluting technology and stop looking outside of ourselves and into different orbits for the love we seek?