"Communication with spirits" A spread with position cards (12)

bessiedunlop

Hi everyone, I worked at this spread a few days ago, after a conversation with my grandmother about a dream she had. We both believe we meet the spirits of our dear dead during some dreams.
I decided to use position cards with significant, evocative words, to help me visualize the results better.
So I prepared 12 position cards, using the words I thought more appropriate, but everyone can have his/her own set of words.
I've worked intuitively and probably there are still a lot of adjustments to make, but the first reading was quite interesting.
Finally I think we need a special amount of time to get in touch with the spirit, that's why there are some cards that I would define preparatory.

Here it is:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12

1. DOOR A card to welcome the spirit
2. VISION How are you?
3. MASK Who are you?
4. PLACE Where are you?
5. TOUCH Are you well? Are you worried about something?
6. MESSAGE What is your message for me?
7. GUARDIANSHIP Are you watching over me?
8. GIFT What is your gift?
9. WISDOM What should be more important in my life now?
10. BREATH What can I do for you?
11. LOVE Will you come again?
12. BLESSING (a final message, goodbye).

Every comment will be more than appreciated!

HeatherRose

Very interesting!
I agree with you and your grandmother. My dad passed away in March of 2007. Though he has only come to me in 3 dreams over that time, he has never once spoken in one. However, he has come at the times I've needed him and he has gotten his message across at the time.
So this is a spread I'm definitely going to try when I have some time to myself tonight.
Thank you for sharing!! :)

bessiedunlop

Very interesting!
I agree with you and your grandmother. My dad passed away in March of 2007. Though he has only come to me in 3 dreams over that time, he has never once spoken in one. However, he has come at the times I've needed him and he has gotten his message across at the time.

HeatherRose, my granny says that when the wood of the wardrobe
makes a certain noise, that means that her parents are coming to visit her. Unfortunately I've experienced many untimely deaths during my life: some of these people are still coming to visit me in dreams.

HeatherRose

HeatherRose, my granny says that when the wood of the wardrobe
makes a certain noise, that means that her parents are coming to visit her.

I actually "play" that game to communicate with my father and others who have passed. It's the "yes/no game" that I made up.
If I can feel someone around, or want some answers, I will speak to them, and ask for the answers to be given to me by knocks on the wall, noises from the furniture, etc. Yes is one knock, no is silence. I used to use two knocks, but felt it took them too much energy to continue for long periods like that, so I changed how we "play".
:)

DownUnderNZer

Maybe make the questions a little more open ended rather than YES/NO questions.

e.g. Are you worried about something?
..... Is there anything of concern that you would like to address with me or ...?

And... Where are you? What if you got the DEVIL card and worked out it was a close friend or family member that comes under "Who are you"? I do not think I would want to know my loved ones are in an eternal burning fire pit shackled in chains.

Also, is it vital to know the WHERE part. :)

And what do you mean by:

"What is your gift?" What if the 10 of Swords or DEATH card came up. I would think...eeeekkkk...Grim Reaper is this one's ability. Eeeek!!!! :bugeyed:

That is my two cents worth.

Hi everyone, I worked at this spread a few days ago, after a conversation with my grandmother about a dream she had. We both believe we meet the spirits of our dear dead during some dreams.
I decided to use position cards with significant, evocative words, to help me visualize the results better.
So I prepared 12 position cards, using the words I thought more appropriate, but everyone can have his/her own set of words.
I've worked intuitively and probably there are still a lot of adjustments to make, but the first reading was quite interesting.
Finally I think we need a special amount of time to get in touch with the spirit, that's why there are some cards that I would define preparatory.

Here it is:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12

1. DOOR A card to welcome the spirit
2. VISION How are you?
3. MASK Who are you?
4. PLACE Where are you?
5. TOUCH Are you well? Are you worried about something?
6. MESSAGE What is your message for me?
7. GUARDIANSHIP Are you watching over me?
8. GIFT What is your gift?
9. WISDOM What should be more important in my life now?
10. BREATH What can I do for you?
11. LOVE Will you come again?
12. BLESSING (a final message, goodbye).

Every comment will be more than appreciated!

celticnoodle

bessiedunlop, I am always interested in anything regarding spirit communication. Partly because I am a medium, but also because I LOVE to communicate with spirits. Plus, some of my customers are more comfortable with me doing a tarot card reading to contact their deceased loved one then they are with me doing it w/o the cards. I think having the cards there for them to 'see' is more comforting and much less scary then knowing there is actually a dead person talking to me for them.

this said, DownunderNZ makes some great points.

It is very hard IMO for the cards to answer yes or no. Better to use a pendulum for that.
So, for those questions you have posted, I'd change them a bit. Such as the "5. TOUCH Are you well? Are you worried about something?" question. Perhaps instead re-wording it to ask, "what can you share with me about how you are now?" something to that affect.

Many of my customers seeking this type of reading will ask me "What is heaven like? Are they just 'hanging around' or do they actually do something?"

It does amuse me that question, but it is a perfectly valid question too! (and btw, yes, 'they' do have other things to keep them busy in the afterlife, other hten just hanging around. They will still get together with other deceased loved ones and visit--have parties, etc. so, if you do ask that question and get the 3 of cups--it's perfectly okay to read that literally as a party time for them!

Maybe make the questions a little more open ended rather than YES/NO questions.

And... Where are you? What if you got the DEVIL card and worked out it was a close friend or family member that comes under "Who are you"? I do not think I would want to know my loved ones are in an eternal burning fire pit shackled in chains.

:laugh: My gosh, DownunderNZer, THAT would be a fright to ask and receive the devil card? Especially if you read intuitively and pay attention to the picture of the card(s)! :p

Also, is it vital to know the WHERE part. :)

And what do you mean by:

"What is your gift?" What if the 10 of Swords or DEATH card came up. I would think...eeeekkkk...Grim Reaper is this one's ability. Eeeek!!!! :bugeyed:

That is my two cents worth.

:laugh: however, if I DID get the death card for this question, I'd jump to something like "a mortician", " a grief counselor", etc. But, that is me, and I can see this as also being a frightful card for someone else to see as an answer to this question! and the 10 of swords always makes me think of acupuncture.

So, Bessiedunlop, I do think that perhaps some of the questions need to be changed slightly, but I do also feel that what you are attempting to get here is way cool and I feel it can really help others who are interested in communicating with dead loved ones to do so easily w/o having any mediumship skills to help them out. Keep us updated if you do change the questions, as it will be something I'll consider using for sure!

Good Luck!

bessiedunlop

DownunderNZer, celticnoodle, thank you for your comments.
I agree with you especially regarding card number 5 "touch" is the more problematic. I've attempted the spread twice and while I had some good results, especially during the first reading, the interpretation/meaning of that specific position remained unclear. I'm going to keep the word TOUCH or CONTACT, but I need to reshape the question - I have the impression that the spirit answered me more regarding how he/she perceived me or the questioner at the moment, than how he/she really was.
One of the problems is that the chosen words arrived to me quickly and I'm going to keep them, but then I had to figure out the questions and wuth spirits is a bit more complicated than for other kinds of spreads.

I've been dreaming spirits all my life and in some moments that has been a real burden - but during the last years and after some more painful losses I've decided I had to stop being afraid of this sort of visions.

I don't have problems with the DEATH card - it has always seemed a good yet challenging card to me, bringing transformation and a strong necessity to begin a new journey.
I'm going to rework on it during my holidays and let you know!