The Beanstalk of Life

Barleywine

I've been using so-called "occult number theory" in my reading for a long time, usually tied to the Tree of Life model. This is workable but not as secularly "universal" as I would like, so I've been dreaming up ways to separate the two while still keeping a similar structure. Those of you who remember the Procol Harum narrative piece "Glimpses of Nirvana" will recognize the twist in the title of this thread. This didn't start out to be a spread, but while designing the diagram I realized it will work quite well for that purpose, as long as the position meanings are approached in a broad sense - astrological and numerological terms would probably be best.

ETA: I've updated the layout to make it more useful as a spread.

Attachments

• The Beanstalk of Life.pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Beanstalk of Life Top View.pdf
    35.6 KB · Views: 309

Barleywine

I just realized that what I've given you is basically the Invoking Pentagram of Fire superimposed on the Square of Matter. Using it might give you either a plague of very stout salamanders, or a volcanic eruption. You have been warned! })

Barleywine

The Beanstalk in Three Dimensions

Here's something else to chew on. You know how the Golden Dawn did the "Tree of Life in Three Dimensions?" Here's the "Beanstalk of Life in Three Dimensions." It clarifies what I meant by the "top-down view" in the diagram. The green column ("stem") is the link between the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Earth in the lower tier ("roots") and the Sun in the upper tier ("crown").

Attachments

• Beanstalk of Life in Three Dimensions.jpg
    Beanstalk of Life in Three Dimensions.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Beanstalk of Life II.jpg
    Beanstalk of Life II.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 209