Bicycle - Dark Hearts V.2 - by Anna Stokes

Padma

Thanks for both the enabling and the info, La Force! :)

La Force

Thanks for both the enabling and the info, La Force! :)

your welcome.

When you get your deck, and you really get the feel of it, I know where there more where this deck came from...hehe lol. :D

La Force
:)

ETA: I just thought to add another helpful tip. to make it so easy for you that your head will spin.....lol

well just focus on Spades and clubs

Lets say that the suites just represent ANGER only

Think of the word anger, then think about how you felt when you first started to feel anger, what first ticked you off, then think of when your completely in raged and your snapping left right and centre at anything or anybody, that feeling is so intense, you have no control, fight's/arguments escalate beyond more than you originally planned. This normally will happen over petty stuff.

Well that is your stages from ACE - Ten

I thought that would be a good example, cause everyone feels that as some point so apply that to all the suits. and your good to go. It's basic and you'll get your toes wet.

Then with the court card (Jack, Queen, King) are basically the people that start problem, or create undesirable situations. Nasty people they are.

That why these two suits are your warning, negative, bad suits. cunning, manipulating, cruel, these also can represent gangs, weapons, deaths, loss, etc. The ACE of Spade has a history that represent traitor, death, or possible death, funerals. this is a bad card. This is not a beginning, unless you consider death a beginning.

ETA #2: This is very important when you get your deck pay attention to the way the cards are ordered (face up). you'll notice that you'll have ascending suites which are Spades and Diamonds 2 - A, Then you'll have descending suits (face up) Clubs and Hearts Ace- 2.

So above in ETA 1: You have the suits represent ANGER, therefore anger increases in one suit and then it decreases in the other. ACE of Spades = Death or possible death) then (10 of Clubs is Death as well)

These are also sister suits to each other. It also follow the ascending and descending of old/history of cartomancy. you can even get into the humours, etc. you can read Melancholics threads about this (he/she) threads are around the forum. it works awesome.

found thread to Melancholics non scenic pip, however The card in the Dark Heart is scenic (Hurray) anyways the method will be very useful for ascending and descending.

here it is http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=112327

La Force

La Force

I just wondering if anyone has received their deck yet, I am interested in hearing what you think of it now it's in your hot little hands. How have you found it for readings? etc.

La Force
:)

Padma

I got mine, and found the illustration/subject matter far too dark for me, although of course they are beautifully done! I gave them to a neighbour lady who is fond of skulls and the like. :)
I have been using my Tony Meeuweesin Keys to the Kingdom deck instead, which I really like!

Glad to hear they work for you though, and that you like them! :)

La Force

I got mine, and found the illustration/subject matter far too dark for me, although of course they are beautifully done! I gave them to a neighbour lady who is fond of skulls and the like. :)

Oh darn, that is a shame, but it's okay, not every cake is every bodies cake, yes they are beautifully done, I am glad that your neighbour lady likes them.

I have been using my Tony Meeuweesin Keys to the Kingdom deck instead, which I really like!

Please start a thread about this deck. I'm so interested in hearing more about them.

Glad to hear they work for you though, and that you like them! :)

I am enjoying them, very mush so. I find reading them is actually IMO easier, and better than the gothic/dark Tarot decks that I have. I also use them with my lenormand decks. I even have been practising using them as a lenormand, I find that I am personally reading these cards better than my lenormand decks. I'm clicking with them, more so.

Anyone else have their deck yet? curious now more then ever what you think of this deck.

Garnet-Flame

I have the Anne Stokes deck and I love it, but my favorite is the Favole one by Victoria Frances. I have the Alchemy 1977 one too. Bicycle makes a lot of really cool decks. I got them for 3.99 each on Amazon, but sadly they are add-on items so you have to get $25 worth of stuff to order them. Both Anne Stokes and Victoria Frances have also made Tarot decks, so they probably know at least a little about cartomancy. I haven't really used them in readings yet because it didn't really occur to me to see if the pictures match up with the cartomancy meanings, so I thought I'd have to develop a whole new system for them. I am still a total beginner at cartomancy, anyways, as I am with all types of divination.

La Force

I have the Anne Stokes deck and I love it, but my favorite is the Favole one by Victoria Frances. I have the Alchemy 1977 one too. Bicycle makes a lot of really cool decks. I got them for 3.99 each on Amazon, but sadly they are add-on items so you have to get $25 worth of stuff to order them. Both Anne Stokes and Victoria Frances have also made Tarot decks, so they probably know at least a little about cartomancy. I haven't really used them in readings yet because it didn't really occur to me to see if the pictures match up with the cartomancy meanings, so I thought I'd have to develop a whole new system for them. I am still a total beginner at cartomancy, anyways, as I am with all types of divination.

All these deck are beautiful, I also love the Favole, I have her tarot deck to. he he

There are so many ways?methods, to cartomancy, when you go on the hunt for playing card cartomancy card meanings, you be shocked as to how many different meanings are associated to the cards, as well as common, same thing with the suits, it's similar to the Tarot in that some will assign Fire to swords and Air to wands, etc. so look at you pictures, then look at different meanings (websites) only associate meanings to the card that fit it. then you use what ever reading method fits you, different stroke for different folks. IE: Fortune Telling by cards - by Foli P.R.S. then there's, Playing card oracles - A source for divination - by Ana Cortez, It's all in the cards - by Chita St. Lawrence, ( all three read the cards different) and Websites with their way of reading the cards, so you have lots to choose from.

Garnet-Flame

All these deck are beautiful, I also love the Favole, I have her tarot deck to. he he

There are so many ways?methods, to cartomancy, when you go on the hunt for playing card cartomancy card meanings, you be shocked as to how many different meanings are associated to the cards, as well as common, same thing with the suits, it's similar to the Tarot in that some will assign Fire to swords and Air to wands, etc. so look at you pictures, then look at different meanings (websites) only associate meanings to the card that fit it. then you use what ever reading method fits you, different stroke for different folks. IE: Fortune Telling by cards - by Foli P.R.S. then there's, Playing card oracles - A source for divination - by Ana Cortez, It's all in the cards - by Chita St. Lawrence, ( all three read the cards different) and Websites with their way of reading the cards, so you have lots to choose from.

What I tend to do is look at several different meanings for each card, then choose the one that seems to fit the situation best, as well as makes sense with the other cards, but keep the others in mind as possibilities to look out for. I have several books on my kindle that I use as reference since I haven't memorized much of anything yet.

On a semi-related note, I've found that cartomancy is best for physical world, external stuff, Oracle cards (or at least the deck I have) is good for internal, spiritual stuff, and Tarot is good for both. The main reason I started learning cartomancy is that I wanted something I could play around with at work without drawing suspicion. It just looks like I'm playing solitaire, hehe. I do think that these particular decks might do better on internal/spiritual stuff then an ordinary deck, since they have pictures and the pictures are more fantasy-ish.

La Force

What I tend to do is look at several different meanings for each card, then choose the one that seems to fit the situation best, as well as makes sense with the other cards, but keep the others in mind as possibilities to look out for. I have several books on my kindle that I use as reference since I haven't memorized much of anything yet.

That's works, it's always what works best for you.

how handy, I've got to get a kindle now for sure. lol

On a semi-related note, I've found that cartomancy is best for physical world, external stuff, Oracle cards (or at least the deck I have) is good for internal, spiritual stuff, and Tarot is good for both. The main reason I started learning cartomancy is that I wanted something I could play around with at work without drawing suspicion. It just looks like I'm playing solitaire, hehe. I do think that these particular decks might do better on internal/spiritual stuff then an ordinary deck, since they have pictures and the pictures are more fantasy-ish.

I also found that cartomancy works great for the everyday mundane life. This why I like using for everyday stuff. I keep my tarot for spiritual stuff. I will use my oracles for inspirational use, to guide through the day.

That is also why I like cartomancy you can take a deck of playing cards anywhere without any problems in public. coffee shops, the pub, etc. I find that where I live their is lots of religious dogma, and people are quick to say stuff. Ie: my daughter loves her tarot, would pack it with her everywhere until she went to the health clinic to get birth control, the health nurse saw, then tried converting her to go to church, a bring Jesus into her heart cause she was doing the devils work.