Lenormand ... 1813?

kwaw

good point about news person!:)) lolz

oh! like that list!:)) 1reminds me on art deco?:))
and it's interesting to see some new cards parents!:) king / impressed to see there were actually prostitute card?:)) lolz

btw who did translation?:))/it sounds like google translate to me?:) my german is not best but I'm quite sure frauenzimmer is ladies room!:) frauen=lady and zimmer is room!:) and gelibte /female lover is usualy translated as sweetheart? and male lover is just lover?:) major person is importan person it's kipper card?:) and jungfrau is young lady!:) terne may be french fool?:)

I gave the reference ( to Huck's 'early german cartomancy' thread in History forum), why not actually look at it before mocking and asking a question you would already know the answer to if you had bothered to look? Huck is German, he states in the thread I referenced he hoped, but wasn't sure, about the English translations being correct; And I appreciate and thank him very much for his effort.

If you can do better, please do so, respectfully, and such would also be appreciated; though preferably without the juvenile acne-like rash of pussy-yellow smilies.

frauenzimmer is as you say, a composite of woman + room, and could refer to a woman's private room or bedroom (as in Huck's translation 'bower' which I take he means in this sense, rather than shade -- without realizing, though it is perfectly correct, it is not a word in common usage, to the extent that many English people would not even know it meant this), it also means simply 'woman' or gentlewoman (which I presume is what Huck probably meant by Dame, 'gentlewoman' is probably a better translation, and 'bower' is also legit excepting many wouldn't know it's meaning -- the old english meaning, inner room of a dwelling, comes from the German Bauer, meaning 'birdcage'). It can also be used simply meaning 'woman' in a derogatory sense.

jungfrau means virgin, and can refer to either a young woman or man who has not had sexual intercourse, though more generally to a woman. An archaic translation might be 'maiden'. It is also the German name of the sign of Virgo.

gelibte is literally 'lover' (female), a woman involved in a romantic and sexual relationship, and often refers to a woman who is the lover of a married man (or woman), so I suppose may be translated in such context 'mistress'. It may be used in an archaic sense as a form of address to a woman one loves, ergo, my (female) beloved, or idiomatically, 'sweetheart'.

reall

not mocking just saying! and I used kipper as reference!;p ;))