Yes/No questions

mysticangel_001

I read on another site that you can use Lenormand cards to answer yes/no questions. The site said that you use 5 cards, positive cards are a yes, negative cards a no and you get your answer by which you have more of - positive or negative. Has anyone ever tried this? If so, were your results accurate?

LadybugDawn

I always use 3 cards and get a much simpler answer, which is what you are looking for in a "yes/no" situation - the answer without the smaller details. The center card is always my "start" point for any 3 or 5-card spread, so usually whatever this card is will give me the bulk of the answer, with the two on either side supporting this answer.

I also try to avoid questions that start out with "should I" as a yes or no answer, because I don't see the Lenormand cards caring what you should do, only what you WILL do and what will happen. When you do start them off as "should I", it's more like asking what the outcome will be if you do said action.

For example, I just asked my cards "Should I help my other half find a job?" and since I planned to, it's more looking at the outcome of my help. Key-Birch-Letter comes up, telling me he may be successful if I help, but it will probably cause an argument. Now it's up to me to decide what to do, without the cards actually giving a straight forward answer.

Hope this makes sense!

mysticangel_001

I always use 3 cards and get a much simpler answer, which is what you are looking for in a "yes/no" situation - the answer without the smaller details. The center card is always my "start" point for any 3 or 5-card spread, so usually whatever this card is will give me the bulk of the answer, with the two on either side supporting this answer.

I also try to avoid questions that start out with "should I" as a yes or no answer, because I don't see the Lenormand cards caring what you should do, only what you WILL do and what will happen. When you do start them off as "should I", it's more like asking what the outcome will be if you do said action.

For example, I just asked my cards "Should I help my other half find a job?" and since I planned to, it's more looking at the outcome of my help. Key-Birch-Letter comes up, telling me he may be successful if I help, but it will probably cause an argument. Now it's up to me to decide what to do, without the cards actually giving a straight forward answer.

Hope this makes sense!

That does make sense and definitely sounds easier. The night I posted this I had asked a yes/no question and got 5 positive cards and one negative so that, to me, was a definite yes but I am always at bit skitterish about asking yes/no questions to begin with, especially if there is no way to know the answer right away.

readings.by.mia

When it comes to yes or no questions I stick to a method shown by Donnaleigh De La Rose in one of her videos. It is called yes/no question with detail. It consists in pulling three cards and making an interpretation while looking if they are positive, negative or neutral. As well, the last card is the one with more wheight about positive or negative outcome.

mysticangel_001

When it comes to yes or no questions I stick to a method shown by Donnaleigh De La Rose in one of her videos. It is called yes/no question with detail. It consists in pulling three cards and making an interpretation while looking if they are positive, negative or neutral. As well, the last card is the one with more wheight about positive or negative outcome.

Is the video on youtube? Why does the last card hold the most weight?

readings.by.mia

Yes it is, it is called yes / no questions with added detail or something very similar. I would post the link but I am not sure if this is ok with the forum's policy.

The fact that the last card holds the definite answer is because Lenormand is lineal in time, so it gives the ultimate outcome as the rest of the cards are explaining what you may face to get there. Anyway, the video explains it way better.

mysticangel_001

Yes it is, it is called yes / no questions with added detail or something very similar. I would post the link but I am not sure if this is ok with the forum's policy.

The fact that the last card holds the definite answer is because Lenormand is lineal in time, so it gives the ultimate outcome as the rest of the cards are explaining what you may face to get there. Anyway, the video explains it way better.

OK, great. Thank you for the information. I will look up the video.

Teheuti

I use the positive/negative/neutral designations of the cards in either a 3 or 5-card line (usually 5). I read as a left-to-right sequence with the first card as the main subject and the rest of the cards elaborating on that. While I find it to be loosely developmental, it's not a fixed timeline. If the last card is the answer, then why not just draw one card as the final result to get that answer?

I try to see all the cards as a whole, a gestalt, and pairs or triplets of cards as influencing each other: the Sun with the Coffin on one side and Scythe on the other does not bode well even if there is another positive. Bouquet-Tree-Coffin-Sun-Scythe is at best inconclusive and at worst shows an negative end to one's most hopeful impulses. Remember that when Tree is nearby, it shows 'health concerns' rather than good health (especially when followed by Coffin!).

mysticangel_001

I use the positive/negative/neutral designations of the cards in either a 3 or 5-card line (usually 5). I read as a left-to-right sequence with the first card as the main subject and the rest of the cards elaborating on that. While I find it to be loosely developmental, it's not a fixed timeline. If the last card is the answer, then why not just draw one card as the final result to get that answer?

I try to see all the cards as a whole, a gestalt, and pairs or triplets of cards as influencing each other: the Sun with the Coffin on one side and Scythe on the other does not bode well even if there is another positive. Bouquet-Tree-Coffin-Sun-Scythe is at best inconclusive and at worst shows an negative end to one's most hopeful impulses. Remember that when Tree is nearby, it shows 'health concerns' rather than good health (especially when followed by Coffin!).

Those are very good points. I just find the whole yes/no thing difficult anyway because it is asking for a concrete answer and any question answered can be affected by the actions that someone takes afterward.

mysticangel_001

Those are very good points. I just find the whole yes/no thing difficult anyway because it is asking for a concrete answer and any question answered can be affected by the actions that someone takes afterward.