bad juju with moldavite?

celticnoodle

I wear a moldavite pendant all the time. every day. when I first got it, I had to build myself up to it, and limit my exposure to it, as it gave me migraine headaches. I was thrilled when I finally found and added pietersite to it - to help calm it down and allow me to wear it often. I have been wearing it for years now.

However, today, during my meditation--it dawned on me that the moldavite may be a problem for me again. I have been short on patience--more so then usual. I am easily aggravated and irritated and feeling anxious. I would've never thought it was due to the moldavite--but then while in meditation today, it came to me that perhaps it is!

So, I have reluctantly removed my beloved necklace with the moldavite and pietersite and a few other items hanging from it--and have decided to not wear it and not even have it in my presence for awhile to see if I calm down and if all the negative side effects leave me.

Made me wonder if anyone else has had this occur? Now, it is generally difficult to be around when you first get a moldavite and generally a gem you have to 'warm' up to. But, I mean anyone who has had it for years, and then noticed a negative side effect from it when for years, it was nothing but good for you?

Anyone have this happen to them?

danieljuk

I had this experience for a while with Rose Quartz, I know it's the most easy going and gentle stone but it affected me at the start. It made my health worse having it near me!

In the end I moved it away from me and then would wear it for one hour a day (in my pocket). Having it on me for little periods seem to allow me to have it for longer and longer!

I would also look up the qualities of Moldavite! The issue with me with the Rose Quartz was to open my heart but it was a difficult energy to deal with at the start. I needed the healing but also it was intense at the beginning.

I think you can get used to the energy but I wonder if some people don't get on with certain crystals / stones ever? not sure!

Padma

Maybe the moldavite is "tired" - have you been charging and resting it? I wear different stones every few days. Right now, I am wearing my moldavite ring daily, because I am trying to change the patterns in my life (and that is what it works best to do).

When you need some other kind of energy happening, use other stones :) so in other words, change it up every week or so, and your mind/body will love you for it!

Astraea

I have found that it's a good practice to give myself a break from any crystal: 2-3 weeks on, at least 1-2 weeks off. Stones affect us on many levels, and it's helpful to reassess what has changed from time-to-time. It's not that the stone brings bad juju, so much as conditions morph - having negative responses to beloved crystals is a sign (to me) that their "dosage" needs to be adjusted. Sometimes, we simply don't need a particular vibration any longer, and we can release it with gratitude for help received.

Padma

I have found that it's a good practice to give myself a break from any crystal: 2-3 weeks on, at least 1-2 weeks off. Stones affect us on many levels, and it's helpful to reassess what has changed from time-to-time. It's not that the stone brings bad juju, so much as conditions morph - having negative responses to beloved crystals is a sign (to me) that their "dosage" needs to be adjusted. Sometimes, we simply don't need a particular vibration any longer, and we can release it with gratitude for help received.

that's what I was trying to say - Astrea said it better! ;)

celticnoodle

I had this experience for a while with Rose Quartz, I know it's the most easy going and gentle stone but it affected me at the start. It made my health worse having it near me!

oh wow! with a rose quartz, eh? yes, such a gentle stone, but I guess that this can happen with any crystal. Funny too, because you seem like such a gentle soul yourself, I'd think you and the rose quartz would be very good together right from the start!

In the end I moved it away from me and then would wear it for one hour a day (in my pocket). Having it on me for little periods seem to allow me to have it for longer and longer!
yes, this is what I had to do with the moldavite in the beginning. I was finally able to wear it a lot--but I do think its affecting me negatively again. :(

I would also look up the qualities of Moldavite! The issue with me with the Rose Quartz was to open my heart but it was a difficult energy to deal with at the start. I needed the healing but also it was intense at the beginning.

I think you can get used to the energy but I wonder if some people don't get on with certain crystals / stones ever? not sure!

I did google it a bit and found a few stories of others who had this same affect, but it appears they kept wearing it anyway, and then the moldavite soon turned around for them but not until the person also went through a HUGE and often difficult transformation.

I hope that the moldavite and I can "reunite" happily--because I absolutely LOVE it and I have loved this crystal since I saw it in the store. *sigh*

Thank you, Daniel. :heart:

celticnoodle

Maybe the moldavite is "tired" - have you been charging and resting it? I wear different stones every few days. Right now, I am wearing my moldavite ring daily, because I am trying to change the patterns in my life (and that is what it works best to do).

When you need some other kind of energy happening, use other stones :) so in other words, change it up every week or so, and your mind/body will love you for it!

I take it off at night when I go to bed and set it beside a crystal that I have - which is cleansing for all crystals. But, perhaps I need to set it in another room - away from me again for awhile. :(

Oh yes! I remember that ring! beautiful!!! I am also currently going through a big transformation--and I'm doing my best to change some negative patterns in my life--doing my best to be positive through the changes. I'd think the moldavite would help me with that--but maybe its too heavy a request for it??

I do like your idea of changing it up every week or so. I have actually been drawn to my rose quartz and my jet crystals. I have had them on me a few times, but I forgot to pick them up today. Thank you, Padma for your response. I think perhaps we do need a rest from each other for a week or so. In fact, in my meditation, when the thought came to me about it--I was thinking a week away from each other would be good!

celticnoodle

Yes, I think you're right. It also only makes sense that stones can affect us negatively now and again as well as positively. Almost like we have 'over used' it. I agree. I think I need to re-charge that moldavite and perhaps with the full moon coming up on the 19th this month will be a great time for me to do this. :)

celticnoodle

that's what I was trying to say - Astrea said it better! ;)

I got it! :) Thanks you three!!!

I'll give us a break from each other for awhile and see what happens when we "reunite" in a week or two. I'll also be sure to put it in the full moons light on July 19. :)

Padma

When I feel I have drained a stone, I will cleanse it first for a week or two with selenite, then charge it for a month with a double terminated quartz wand. And then give it another month off in my jewelry box before wearing it again...and even then, sometimes they deliberately hide from me in the jewelry box when I look for them ;) when they are ready to play again, they will put themselves in front of my eyes as soon as I open the box!

We can take or drain an awful lot of energy from our stones.