BrightEye's Oracle [Deck Creation Thread]

BrightEye

Thank you :)

I get what you're saying about the symbols and you're right. But I didn't want to do a deck with only symbols. Thinking about it now, it probably won't be a traditional Lenormand deck at all in the end but an Oracle deck loosely based on it.

greatdane

I agree with others, you're an amazing artist

I see your work much more suited to an oracle like you just mentioned. It's not just the symbols, but how they're depicted that say Lenormand or oracle to me and with your beautiful drawings, I can see they would lend themselves so much more to a free flowing oracle, which also allows you the freedom to not try to stay with Lenormand images at all, if you wish.

BrightEye

Thank you, greatdane. I need some kind of structure I feel, so I'll work with the Lenormand framework for now. But I already have cards in mind that go beyond the system, so we'll see. Eventually, I'll probably change the card names too but haven't decided that yet.

greatdane

Your artwork is just stunning, BrightEye

I wanted you to know that just because I don't see it as Lenormand structure now, I think you are a genius with your art :).

BrightEye

If I weren't prepared for criticism, I wouldn't put my work on display. I'm glad you like the art :)

greatdane

Not being critical, BrightEye. Gorgeous art. It's just for most Lenormand readers, ok, I will only speak for myself, I see the Birds as at it's most basic verbal communication a lot of the time, so yes, it is a little different to see what you commonly associate with one thing portrayed...in a pretty different way. NOT criticism, just observation. I'm amazed at what you can create with a pencil. Incredible.

BrightEye

new card

Zumbayllu is a Quechua word meaning spinning top. The implication of the word is that the top makes a sound like tiny wings. I've come across this in a novel by a Peruvian writer where the sound of the spinning top is used to communicate a message across a great distance. So in a way the top is a magical object of communication, and a message or communcation is what the card is meant to represent.

Glass Owl

I just showed the image to my daughter and she loves the spinning top. It really looks like birds are moving it. :thumbsup:

Debra

These are really good. Truly creative, beautifully rendered (you've loosened your pencil strokes a bit, I like it!). I like the the horizontal orientation and the consistency of how the objects relate to their backgrounds. I like everything about it, actually.

BrightEye

I'm very glad to receive such great feedback. The format is half the size of my Tarot drawings but they take me a lot longer to do because I've decided to include backgrounds. And I'm more confident in my drawing skills now too. When I started the Tarot deck, I could barely draw. It was mad really to undertake such a big project then with such little skill.