King of Cups as love advice

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, I keep on getting the King of Cups in advice position in context of love, so I think he's trying to tell me something important. I was getting closer to a friend of mine lately and it happened that we kissed. He has no problems at all to give me all the necessary time to figure out my feelings. I think this King message is to listen to my feelings and then make the right choice, but I'm not sure.. Any other idea? Thank you so much.

Rachx

Hi Elena Jaymz

King of cups if it is as advice for you -
is to stay on top of your emotions, stay centred and don't get too carried away. Kings are in command and cups are emotions. The advice is to stay in command of your emotions. I will say that it depends on what other cards are around too that may hold some sway. But if it keeps appearing then as general advice, then I think staying in charge of your feelings and not letting them run free rein. X

Curious1

He has no problems at all to give me all the necessary time to figure out my feelings.

This is something the King of Cups would do - he is being considerate of your feelings about an expression of emotion he has taken part in (the kiss). I think you have it right…listen to your own feelings and do what is right for you.

elena_jaymz

This is something the King of Cups would do - he is being considerate of your feelings about an expression of emotion he has taken part in (the kiss). I think you have it right…listen to your own feelings and do what is right for you.

Hi Curious1, thank you. Yes, actually this King is similar to this guy indeed :D I agree with you anyway.

elena_jaymz

Hi Elena Jaymz

King of cups if it is as advice for you -
is to stay on top of your emotions, stay centred and don't get too carried away. Kings are in command and cups are emotions. The advice is to stay in command of your emotions. I will say that it depends on what other cards are around too that may hold some sway. But if it keeps appearing then as general advice, then I think staying in charge of your feelings and not letting them run free rein. X

Hi Rachx, thank you. You're not wrong to me actually, after all the Kings are masters of their suit, so I see what you mean here, the King of Cups doesn't let emotions to overwhelm him. My main problem is that I'm never sure about my choices, always afraid to make the wrong ones, I'm a bit afraid to really commit to this guy indeed (it's a fear I've always had with anyone). Some of the other cards were The Moon and the 2 of Swords, which I interpreted as my fear of the unknown and being unsure about my feelings (Moon), because of a mental block (2 Swords), indeed the 2 Swords waters are calm, that's why I interpreted the King of Cups then as a need to listen to my feelings only.

PAMUYA

The kings rule with logic, this king keeps his emotions in check. For me this king is all about being comfortable around a partner, if you are all emotional and super excited it won't work. How do you feel around him, knocking at the knees, or relaxed? If you are relaxed it is a good place to start building a relationship.

elena_jaymz

The kings rule with logic, this king keeps his emotions in check. For me this king is all about being comfortable around a partner, if you are all emotional and super excited it won't work. How do you feel around him, knocking at the knees, or relaxed? If you are relaxed it is a good place to start building a relationship.

Hi PAMUYA, thanks for your help. Actually I feel relaxed with him, I know he won't hurt me, I mean he just wants me to feel at ease and happy, so I see what you mean here, it adds up, thanks! :)

Alitalia

Hello.. The King of Cups can refer to a person, an event, or a part of yourself that needs to be activated so you can reach out for sound advice, give sound advice, deal with an open enemy, overcome a challenge, or help someone else with their problems.

This King always takes a good look to see what is going on around him so he can feel safe and secure in his environment. He may have a situation from the past that has made its way into his present which sometimes causes him to travel down memory lane or get mired in nostalgia while thinking about by-gone days.

He may also have emotional baggage and chaos that he carries around with him. He needs to do some inner work so he can stay on track and remain composed by keeping his emotions in check, not allowing them to come out and explode at others.

The King of Cups could be a bachelor, a ladies' man with a secret agenda, or he might be married with a family. He could even be someone who is dedicated to his career, that of of helping others.

He could have a personal problem that he is not willing to talk about. He might be a drinker or someone who will not commit to you, or someone who is flooded with the memories of the past and needs professional help.

You need to pull a crossing card to understand the King of Cups energies. When the example cards below cross the King, you are getting a heads up that something is going on that is hidden from you.

If the Hermit crosses the King, he walks alone and will not commit to you, or has a hidden agenda, or he might need professional help. A crossing Moon suggests that when something does not feel right, it probably is not right. The Seven of Swords indicates someone who is clever and crafty and might pull the wool over your eyes whereas the Page of Swords warns that you need eyes in back of your head, should pay attention to what is going on, or you might need to look at your lover's text, phone, email messages. hope its help. But king of cup seems a "no" for me if surrounded by negative card.

elena_jaymz

Hello.. The King of Cups can refer to a person, an event, or a part of yourself that needs to be activated so you can reach out for sound advice, give sound advice, deal with an open enemy, overcome a challenge, or help someone else with their problems.

This King always takes a good look to see what is going on around him so he can feel safe and secure in his environment. He may have a situation from the past that has made its way into his present which sometimes causes him to travel down memory lane or get mired in nostalgia while thinking about by-gone days.

He may also have emotional baggage and chaos that he carries around with him. He needs to do some inner work so he can stay on track and remain composed by keeping his emotions in check, not allowing them to come out and explode at others.

The King of Cups could be a bachelor, a ladies' man with a secret agenda, or he might be married with a family. He could even be someone who is dedicated to his career, that of of helping others.

He could have a personal problem that he is not willing to talk about. He might be a drinker or someone who will not commit to you, or someone who is flooded with the memories of the past and needs professional help.

You need to pull a crossing card to understand the King of Cups energies. When the example cards below cross the King, you are getting a heads up that something is going on that is hidden from you.

If the Hermit crosses the King, he walks alone and will not commit to you, or has a hidden agenda, or he might need professional help. A crossing Moon suggests that when something does not feel right, it probably is not right. The Seven of Swords indicates someone who is clever and crafty and might pull the wool over your eyes whereas the Page of Swords warns that you need eyes in back of your head, should pay attention to what is going on, or you might need to look at your lover's text, phone, email messages. hope its help. But king of cup seems a "no" for me if surrounded by negative card.
Hi Alitalia, thanks for your reply. I didn't know the King of Cups could mean all these things, but it makes sense in a way. Anyway I think he is me, that is a part of myself I need to activate.

Alitalia

Hi Alitalia, thanks for your reply. I didn't know the King of Cups could mean all these things, but it makes sense in a way. Anyway I think he is me, that is a part of myself I need to activate.

When I found king of cups in a love reading.. normally I take the existence of this man as "intermezzo".. not a future husband or in a serious relationship.