major arcana - spreads

rostie

i wanted to ask this already for a long time, i have a few decks with pips where i would like to work only with the major arcana but i don't know what spreads i have to use and for what occasions i would use them for, so i would ask you do you know any?

thank you very much,

sara

Original Destiny

:OL Hi rostie, I must admit I don't know any Major spreads...Try making one up and see how it goes...I feel that the major cards are too powerful to be used on there own....This is only my opinion...maybe you feel different...If I am using the major cards only , then it is for meditation...I sometimes use the major cards when working as a counsellor...I ask the client to pick a card that visually represents how they are feeling at that moment in time...:TFOOL

mooncat2

Hi Rostie,

Have a look in the favourite spreads thread - I posted a spread there yesterday that is a majors only.

emily2otters

this halloween, when i do my annual "what's this year going to look like?" draw, i'll use only the majors.

i'll make a list of the dates for the new moon between halloween 2002 and halloween 2003, then draw a major for each. after each draw, i'll return the card to the deck and shuffle, allowing each draw to have all 22 possibilities. throughout the year, i'll refer back to the draws and watch how they manifest in each moon cycle.

i agree with original destiny, about the strength of the majors when used by themselves... i wouldn't be hesitent to use them alone, however, just careful to ask questions that respect them for what they are. not "should i go to this party tonight?", but "what are my best tools for enriching my spiritual life?"

rostie

oh please Diana, yes, you're so helpfull!!!!!!!!

thank you very much in advance and already for the ones you have given!!!!!!!!

with love,

sara

jade

personally i never use only the majors (or the minors).......it feels to me like an incomplete reading. i view the majors as the actions and situations in our lives that we often have little control over - when alot of them come up in a layout - so i can't imagine how i (i'm speaking about myself here) could get a well-rounded reading from only the majors.

in light,
jade :)