'Kabbalah of the Golden Dawn' by Pat Zalewski

HOLMES

kabbalah of the golden dawn by pat zelewski

feel free to post any reviews, links to reviews or thoughts. ..

HOLMES

i have this book.

it comes in a hard cover edition slightly purple cover with a symbol on the front.
there are 223 pages of the book.

the book itself, deals with lectures the golden dawn members made at certain levels of the order. these lectures are not in the offical golden dawn levels, yet were greatly studied at these levles unoffically.

from i can tell, these lectures deals with aspects of the kabbalah the ordinary tarot and kabbalah book doens't deal with, these include such as.
the kabalistic circle as opposed to at tree diagram, homer golden key and 50 gates to understanding.

there is other stuff such as the astrological break down of the body that includes 11 to 32 major arcana break down. example of this is 11/air/respirtory systems

this book is a follow up to the golden dawn correspondance course, which became the manuscript for crowledy 777 (albiet changed a bit to fit crowley needs)

he claims when regardie published the golden dawn papers, that only the barest of bones was given to kabala due to reasons of space.

so this book is intended to be a a kabbalah book as it would of been seen by the chief of the order,
so he has done a sythethis of all major golden dawn teachings of the kabbalah, along with the additional insights into the concepts. he makes no claims to be a expert on traditional kabblah but comes from the golden dawn order view of the kabbalah (this is all paraphrased from his introduction the last three paragraphs)

interesting to note his forthcoming sequel to this book is the magical tarot of the golden dawn, as this book has nothing to do with the tarot.

at the back of the book is 72 seals of schemhampphoresch
they were given out at the 5/6 grade level of the order,
and gives three uses for them as well.

jmd

Pat Zalewski was one of the officers who passed Israel Regardie into some of the second order grades of the Golden Dawn, and books by either authors are, in my opinion, well worthy of obtaining.

Neither minces words, and both the Zalewskis and Regardie treat their material with the reverence and meticulousness it deserves (unfortunately, I do not find find the same can be said of all writers who expound GD work).

mac22

jmd said:
Pat Zalewski was one of the officers who passed Israel Regardie into some of the second order grades of the Golden Dawn, and books by either authors are, in my opinion, well worthy of obtaining.

Neither minces words, and both the Zalewskis and Regardie treat their material with the reverence and meticulousness it deserves (unfortunately, I do not find find the same can be said of all writers who expound GD work).

And I applaud the fact that Regardie was finally passed to the second order. In my opinion he deserved it.

And I couldn't agree more about Zalewski or the comments about the "other" GD authors :D