Ring to the left

BrightEye

Will he contact me soon? (Mystical Lenormand)

Charged card: Bear

Ring - Bear - Rider

The Rider made me think yes and usually the Ring would make me think the same. But in the LWB it says that Ring to the left of the charged card can mean the end of a relationship. I'd like a second opinion on that pls. Is this a traditional meaning?

(In this case it could mean the end of a relationship in his life (something in the past?) will prompt him to contact me.)

lord_ewin

Always, always, always assume that the cards are only answering the question. In this case, ring to the left means little... Also the LWB is giving instructions on the GT no? You're doing a three card spread.

So, ring commitment to bear, bear will get news...

214red

this is why i query the charging of cards, because surely that null and voids the charge card being read in the reading....because its a forced card so it cant be counted, so really its Ring+rider.
so rider is news, so it could be that he is commited to contacting you, or the rider goes round in circles.

BrightEye

this is why i query the charging of cards, because surely that null and voids the charge card being read in the reading....because its a forced card so it cant be counted, so really its Ring+rider.

That's a good point. I'm often inclined to read Lenromand like Tarot and it has worked for me. On the other hand you choose the charged card because it already has meaning to you in the context, so implicitly you do read it.

moderndayruth

Will he contact me soon? (Mystical Lenormand)

Charged card: Bear

Ring - Bear - Rider

Ughh, don't know about charging cards, right to left etc., but based on those three cards that came out for you - yes he will.

Astraea

BrightEye said:
I'm often inclined to read Lenromand like Tarot and it has worked for me.
Indeed, each reader finds what works best for him or her. What I have discovered in terms of my own experience with these two card "families," is that it's important not to overthink the Lenormand - especially for small combinations. That little deck is direct and to-the-point, and can easily get bogged down with details and considerations that keep it from soaring and stifle its clear - often merry - voice. For me, the "charged card" idea has its place, but charging a card can also skew or distort the overall sense of a reading if it becomes the central focus; when that happens (as 214red indicates), the tendency is not to allow it to speak as part of the ensemble.

In a question asking whether the man will contact you soon, I would expect to see the Rider relating to a card that signifies you, rather than one charged for the man (as if he were about to contact himself). Maybe the cards are telling you that he is having an internal dialogue as to whether or not to contact you. A reading for that question without predetermining the Bear to be the man, would indicate to me that a trusted friend in a relationship (you, irrespective of gender) is about to receive a message. The charged card in this small combo might be confusing the issue unnecessarily.

Priestess

It could be telling you something different it wants you to know. Has he just finished a contract he was expecting money for? It looks like a message about finances being completed.

The ring isn't always about relationships. You might have got a better result charging the man I think.

Ronia

Yes, he will, with or without charging. :D Ring, ring... Sometimes the cards are literal.

BrightEye

Ughh, don't know about charging cards, right to left etc., but based on those three cards that came out for you - yes he will.

:)

Indeed, each reader finds what works best for him or her. What I have discovered in terms of my own experience with these two card "families," is that it's important not to overthink the Lenormand - especially for small combinations. That little deck is direct and to-the-point, and can easily get bogged down with details and considerations that keep it from soaring and stifle its clear - often merry - voice. For me, the "charged card" idea has its place, but charging a card can also skew or distort the overall sense of a reading if it becomes the central focus; when that happens (as 214red indicates), the tendency is not to allow it to speak as part of the ensemble.

In a question asking whether the man will contact you soon, I would expect to see the Rider relating to a card that signifies you, rather than one charged for the man (as if he were about to contact himself). Maybe the cards are telling you that he is having an internal dialogue as to whether or not to contact you. A reading for that question without predetermining the Bear to be the man, would indicate to me that a trusted friend in a relationship (you, irrespective of gender) is about to receive a message. The charged card in this small combo might be confusing the issue unnecessarily.
I tried a few small spreads last night without a charged card and the message was so much clearer to me. I've got ino charging a card because of a few people telling me that that's how you read Lenormand and you shouldn't read it like Tarot etc. But I can see how the charged card confuses things.

It could be telling you something different it wants you to know. Has he just finished a contract he was expecting money for? It looks like a message about finances being completed.
I don't know his present situation well enough, but if this was indeed the case, I don't think he would tell me.

Yes, he will, with or without charging. :D Ring, ring... Sometimes the cards are literal.
Lol, that's funny! Do the cards give any indication as to how soon? (I know I'm impatient, but I'm dying to tell him something.)

Ronia

The Rider is a timing card, weeks, usually up to two, three max. :)