Online study-aid - Site in Tarot vs Kabbalah.

DewDrop

Here you can learn the meanings of the Tree of life itself, and the site takes a deep look into the meanings of each Major Arcana card in the kontext of Kabbalah.

Find out and explore... :D

http://www.borndigital.com/tree/

jmd

Certainly a well designed and thought out site for those who wish to investigate not the Tree of Life itself, but rather the manner in which the GD and its derivatives have made specific correlations.

From that perspective, undoubtedly a site worth paying a visit.

For an online study of the Tree of Life, I would recommend Halevi's site: Kabbalah Society.

DewDrop

Could you make the way to this link more detailed, i do not find any online study her, only online books for sale...

venicebard

jmd said:
For an online study of the Tree of Life, I would recommend Halevi's site: Kabbalah Society.
Interesting diagram (I've seen it before), with each new Keter at the previous Tiferet. There are other ways, too, that four triadic Trees have been linked or interlaced.

But this whole approach is a misconception stemming from not understanding the demarcation between suits: individualness (Staff), duality (Sword), treaty/triadicity (Cup), and the four elements of nature/body (Coin, round [medicine wheel with cardinal directions marked by rocks?]). It is AMAZING to me that the rabbis, instead of taking the obvious course and making the number a world is in sequence its organizing principle (since previous worlds underpin its reality) have contorted themselves something awful trying to make ‘consistent’ the diverse descriptions of Sefirot given in Bahir, SY, and Zohar. There IS interaction amongst them; but each is organized differently. (Rabbinical contortions hinge on the preposterous claim that one emanated at one point in one text is actually emanated at another point (different numbered emanation) in another text! when what is most important ABOUT the Sefirot is their order.)

One last thing: that site is honest, at least, in attributing its tradition to Spain, when it is clear the earliest flowering of Qabbalah was in Provence (school of Isaac the Blind), it being there the Bahir was first made public (12th century). That one parent was Merkabhah (Throne-chariot tradition) is clear from Ezekiel's wheels being the key explaining the 'discrepancies' between versions. That the other parent was British bardic tradition is clear from the refinement (actually reconstruction) of the older alphabetic tradition evidenced by the trumps of the Tarot of Marseilles, and by a few clear passages of the Zohar. (They are few and far between, but astounding.)

jmd

DewDrop, on the left hand side of the link I gave is a link titled 'Articles' - on which are a number of short papers on a variety of subjects, each in relation to Kabalah.

venicebard, it would be great, if you have easy access, to read those sections of the Zohar that illustrate your claim that:

'the other parent was British bardic tradition is clear from [...] a few clear passages of the Zohar. (They are few and far between, but astounding.)'​

Perhaps a new thread titled 'Zohar quotes and explanations' (or something that suits) would keep it distinct from this thread.

venicebard

jmd said:
venicebard, it would be great, if you have easy access, to read those sections of the Zohar that illustrate your claim... Perhaps a new thread titled 'Zohar quotes and explanations' (or something that suits)...
Fair enough. (It will have to wait till I can get to my storage garage and retrieve my notes, Monday or so.) 'Twill be in English translation, as I do not read 'fake Aramaic' (or real Aramaic either, for that matter).

Dewdrop, the underlying reason I must have poked my head in this thread to start with was just to warn: lining Hebrew letters up on one side and trumps up on the other and hoping 'straight across' works... doesn't. The test is that the 'fit' has a derivative feel to it, for want of better words: to truly be an ancient secret preserved, it seems to me, the symbols should have direct, forceful connexion, not 'yeah-that-sorta-makes-sense' links. Yet GD and such paths do have the infinitely desirable quality of leading to where there are many, not as with my method to where there are very few, to talk to.

Carry on.

DewDrop

Thank you jmd, i'll check it out :)

I sinserely agree with "easy come - easy go" venicebard... and unfortunetly not so many goes for the hard path - as for the easy path, even thou the adventure usually comes with the hard path.
I surely will go somewhere in between when it comes to Kabbalah, my hard and winding road will be with the Tarot :D