What's the highest price you've spent on a deck?

Lourdez

For the first time I have just fallen for a deck worth over 100 bucks. The most I've spent is around $50 I just can't bring myself to spend over $100 but my addiction is slowly getting the better of me hehe?

Anyway whats the most you've spent?

And if you'd like to add why? What makes some decks more expensive? I don't get how one deck is $20 and the next deck can be in the hundreds. How? I'm sort of confused. They all have art work, made from card and come in a box.

HudsonGray

I got a brand new unopened Greenwood for $60 plus shipping. I found it online on a used books store website and he shipped it to me (he only had one). Other than that I think $45 for one deck.

Tarot Orat

It was over $100 and under $200, I don't remember exactly. It was a few years ago, when I was 1. more into deck collecting and 2. had a larger disposable income.

Juliana

Probably about $45. I've never bought anything that was rare or OOP though. I've eyed a few OOP decks, like the Bohemian Gothic, and been very tempted, but I can't bring myself to do it. Thankfully the vast majority of decks that I like are in print, so I've only paid the regular retail price for a deck.

tarotbear

Not sure if I would 'use' a $100 or higher Tarot deck!

As an analagous situation - I collect antique mustache cups. As you say - they are all just a piece of fired clay with a design painted or decaled on the front - and have a saucer. I have gotten most of my collection in the $20-$30 dollar range. But one day I saw something so different and totally unique that I did think twice but not longer - and bought a fabulous set for $100. Would I drink tea from it? No. Would I hand a $100 tarot deck to a total stranger to mangle while shuffling for a reading? NEVER!

No idea what the decks I was given cost the givers, but I never paid more than $30-$40 for a deck.

If you are curious what a $100 teacup looks like:

Attachments

• nipponnoblemen 001.jpg
    nipponnoblemen 001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 217
  • nipponnoblemen 002.jpg
    nipponnoblemen 002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 176

PathWalker

I paid something like £125 for my Greenwood set. I really wanted one, and that was the price.

PW

Ross G Caldwell

I just spent 70 euros plus 15 shipping (90 US dollars plus 20 dollars) on a 1998 reproduction of the Sola Busca Tarot of the 15th century. I think that is the most ever, but I seem to remember buying a Dali Tarot in the late 80s that might have cost me 90 dollars at the time.

jema

I just paid around $66 or so for a Robledo TdM but then that was with postage and all.
I am saving up to the Sola-Busca and one day to the Daniloff too.
I been lucky to buy all my out of print decks while they were in print (makes life easier) or to a really awesome reduced price.

Wendywu

I paid £125 for my Ironwing from a lovely member here about 6 years ago. Worth every single penny! To be honest, if she'd asked for more I'd have paid it :)

Serenia

I paid 46 Euros (60 USD) for my Maroon Tarot - the Tarot of Trees and Tarot of Dreams were slightly below. Apart from these, everything so far has been retail price.

I try to stay away from OOP decks.