Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

pageofswords9110

My feeling is that the main focus of this question is about yourself, rather than the other person mentioned, or indeed potential partners in general. The chart I cast has Virgo rising. That makes your significator Mercury. At the time the chart was cast Mercury was in the tenth house, which happens to be Gemini. That gives Mercury two strong dignities, He rules the tenth house and he's angular. Being in his own sign, Mercury signifies that your main concern is yourself, which is the subject of the question. Mercury is also in the Triplicity of Saturn, who rules the fifth of romance and enjoyment,

But Mercury has two major debilities. The first is that Mercury has just stationed Retrograde, which is a significant indicator of change. Although it did move from it's station, it's daily movement was just over 19 minutes of arc, which is under half the travel of Mars, and only twice the travel of Jupiter. So Mercury is moving very slowly indeed and moving in the direction of Mars and the Sun. Mars is a natural malefic and the forthcoming conjunction will not signify anything good. As Mars is also a natural significator of virile but not particularly trustworthy men, I think he symbolises those bad choices in men.

There are two receptions between Mars and Mercury. The first is the applying conjunction in Mercury's sign but it is also the case that Mercury is in the Face of Mars, so there's a very weak reception the other way. These will ensure that Mercury won't be seriously damaged but it probably also signifies that you are still vulnerable to the bad choice of partner.

The following conjunction with the Sun, is already having an effect. Mercury is under the beams, that is it has set into the Sun and can't be seen.

The symbolism shows that you can't see what to do and you can't really move to take any appropriate action. This doesn't initially give an impression of someone who has learned a lesson. For that I would have preferred Mercury in the ninth house, which is concerned with personal development, or in the eleventh house, which is the house of Good Spirit, including hopes and aspirations.

Now that could be mitigated if Mercury was aspecting the ruler of one or both houses. For the ninth that is Venus and for the eleventh that is the Moon. There's no aspect to Venus, though Mercury is in the Bounds of Venus, so it shows your desire to learn the lesson. Venus is in Cancer, though that itself is a positive sign, the ruler of your personal development in the house of hopes and aspirations, coupled with a real desire to learn.

Before Mercury's conjunction with Mars, the Moon will sextile Mercury from Leo before she goes on to conjoin Jupiter. The Moon here translates the light from Mercury to Jupiter. That latter conjunction is particularly significant because Jupiter is a benefic and rules the Seventh house of partnership and marriage.

So it looks like there's a potential relationship ahead. But there's something of a caution here. That conjunction occurs in the twelfth house of Leo and the twelfth is associated with loss and sorrow. The Lord of the twelfth is the Sun, who is currently enveloping Mercury in his beams. So I would treat this possible relationship with a lot of caution. If it does present itself, your 'lesson' could be severely tested. At the moment the chart shows that you are predisposed to learn but there's no clear evidence that you have learned. The Moon's conjunction with Jupiter and how you react to any situation it throws up will be the test of your ability to make a better choice.

This is interesting. I'm trying to learn this lesson before I decide to make a commitment. So I haven't really been dating as much. Doing more soul reflection than anything. I have a couple of people who want a relationship but I continue to turn them down as I know I haven't learned my lesson yet. Could you tell me when this next relationship will present itself so I can be aware of it. I have two guys who want a commitment now. And I have a feeling x is going to come back.

Minderwiz

This is interesting. I'm trying to learn this lesson before I decide to make a commitment. So I haven't really been dating as much. Doing more soul reflection than anything. I have a couple of people who want a relationship but I continue to turn them down as I know I haven't learned my lesson yet. Could you tell me when this next relationship will present itself so I can be aware of it. I have two guys who want a commitment now. And I have a feeling x is going to come back.

That's not very easy because timing in horary is more symbolic than precise. The conjunction will take place in Leo which is a fixed sign, which tend to indicate longer rather than shorter times. The separation is eight degrees, so its eight units of 'long' time. If I take days as the short period, that would lead to eight months as the long period. But I also have to take into account that the conjunction occurs in a cadent house, and those are associated with middle periods. So I'd say two months up to eight months.

pageofswords9110

That's not very easy because timing in horary is more symbolic than precise. The conjunction will take place in Leo which is a fixed sign, which tend to indicate longer rather than shorter times. The separation is eight degrees, so its eight units of 'long' time. If I take days as the short period, that would lead to eight months as the long period. But I also have to take into account that the conjunction occurs in a cadent house, and those are associated with middle periods. So I'd say two months up to eight months.

Ok I'm just going to wait until I've learned the lesson. If it takes up to 8 months then so be it. I'm really not in a rush anyway. Thank you for my chart. This confirmed exactly what I was thinking. I have the desire to learn but I haven't completely learned my lesson yet. You were great :)

Minderwiz

Hello Minderwiz. I would like to know if my financial situation will change for the better and increase within the next four months? Thank you.

The chart cast has Libra rising, making your significator Venus. Venus is placed in Cancer, angular in the tenth and neat the MC. Venus has dignity as the Triplicity ruler for the Water triplicity. Venus is also in a weak mutual reception with the Moon, her ruler, as the Moon is in Virgo, which Venus rules also as the triplicity ruler for the Earth triplicity. Venus is also strong on accidental dignity being direct free from the beams and occidental. So she signifies a person who has the strength to act and is in a good place to act. You are both able and in a good position to take any necessary action.

Your finances is ruled by the second house of substance. This is ruled by Mars, which is in Gemini, and combust. Mars is sandwiched between the Sun bringing increasing combustion, and retrograde Mercury to which it is mutually applying. Mercury is Lord 12 in this chart, which makes it an accidental malefic. The twelfth represents Loss and sorrow, so you have feelings of loss about your finances.

In this chart your finances are seemingly about to deteriorate even further than they have already. The real question is whether you are capable of taking action to remedy the situation. Venus is not making any major aspect to Mars, The Moon, your cosignificator is squaring The Sun (first quarter Moon) and will complete the square before it goes on to square Mars. In other words, the Moon does not indicate that you will be able to take action.

There is a third way in which can signify successful action. This is through antiscia, a situation where one significator lies an equal distance from the solstice line (0 Cancer to 0 Capricorn) as the significator it is trying to contact but on the opposite side of the line. These degrees share the property of having the same length of daylight hours when the Sun is in those degrees. In this case Venus at 19 degrees Cancer has 11 degrees Gemini as its antiscion. Normally I’d treat this as evidence of a successful outcome. You will be able to take the necessary action to deal with your financial situation. However in this chart 11 degrees Gemini is currently occupied by Mercury, Lord 12, If this was an aspect between Venus and Mars, I’d say that it was prohibited by Mercury. I’ve not seen this situation discussed in relation to antiscia but my feeling is that something similar is likely. Mercury may prevent the antiscia being recognised.

Likely does not mean certain so there’s some chance you will sort it out but I don’t hold out a lot of hope. Of course this only applies to the period that you have cited, so things may improve later on. However the next four months does not look promising. The glimmer of hope is still that antiscia, so please let me know if things do indeed improve. Remember you do have the power to act here, so you might be able to stop the situation getting any worse.

Attachments

• Ziev Horary.png
    Ziev Horary.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 65

Minderwiz

Reading for LittleOne

Hello :)

So, the position I enquired about last month will close advertising today. Therefore there shouldn't be any "changes" regarding the candidates I'm up against - noone new to apply and change the fates. Knowing that I already have a better chance being that I am a former employee and left on very good terms - how does it look for me to secure this position at this stage now?

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making your significator Mercury, which is in it's own sign of Gemini and in the tenth house. So by placement, you have the job as your significator rules the tenth.

From this chart the issue is not whether you will get the chart, you almost certainly will. The question is do you really want the job. You obviously have the qualifications, as Mercury is in its own sign but Mercury is Retrograde - now this could simply be an indication that you are going back - to somewhere you worked before. Of more concern, Mercury is under the beams and mutually applying to Mars, the out of sect malefic. There could well be something connected with the job that you haven't seen or is hidden and that something might not be nice.

Also of concern, Saturn is in an applying opposition to the MC. Now Saturn is the triplicity Lord in a diurnal chart, so it does have some 'ownership' of the job, though less than Mercury's. This could be HR or some level of management that you have to negotiate.

The Moon is in the Ascendant, so not only is it your co-significator it has genuing signification for you. The Moon is in a separating square from Mercury, so that might well signifiy that the die is now cast and there's little you can do to influence the outcome, other than the interview. The Moon's next aspect is a sextile to Venus, who rules the Lot of Spirit. Venus is reasonably benefic and the Lot is also conjunct the MC, so you have a great chance in the interview. But that Saturn opposition to the MC is also an opposition to the Lot of Spirit. So if you think HR could be an issue, as you've said before, then be prepared to deal with any objection.

So things should easily run the way you want in terms of the interview. Make sure you check for any hidden problems with the job and check if there's someone with a say in the appointment who might oppose you. I don't see the latter causing things to go wrong but I could see you turning the job down for some reason that becomes obvious in the interview. Even worse I can see you getting the job and only discovering the issues when you take it up.

Incidentally Venus rules the second house of substance and as Venus has dignity by tripicity and is well placed in the eleventh, the salary might be more than you anticipate, or you may be able to negotiate it up from the initial offer. But as Venus is slowing you need to take that opportunity as soon as it arises.

Attachments

• LittleOne Follow Up.jpg
    LittleOne Follow Up.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 64

Ziev

minderwiz said:
Likely does not mean certain so there’s some chance you will sort it out but I don’t hold out a lot of hope. Of course this only applies to the period that you have cited, so things may improve later on. However the next four months does not look promising. The glimmer of hope is still that antiscia, so please let me know if things do indeed improve. Remember you do have the power to act here, so you might be able to stop the situation getting any worse.

Overall this does not look good for me. I know that it wont get worse which is what I think you also mentioned but I was hoping it would get better. I guess time will tell. Thank you for my astro reading. I will update you after the four months goes by. :)

MandMaud

The chart I cast has Sagittarius rising. This makes your significator Jupiter. The bungalow is fixed real estate so it is ruled by the fourth house and its significator is Mars, ruler of the IC.

A buyer is signified by the seventh house ruler, which is Mercury and if you use an agent for the sale, then the agent is the ruler of the sixth house, Venus.

Looking at these in turn. Jupiter is in Cancer, the sign of it's exaltation. It's essentially strong. Now it's placed in the eighth house, which is normally a bad placement. However one of the significations of the eighth is that of 'other people's money'. So in that sense the placement is not as bad as it would normally be. The eighth though is an 'idle place', so it's not going to make life easy. You need to ensure that the bungalow has been well advertised and promoted.

The bungalow's significator is Mars in Libra. That is the the detriment of Mars, so its condition is not likely to be very good, so you might have to reduce the price, if you haven't done already.

The potential buyer is signified by Mercury, which has just entered Cancer. The problem here is that Mercury is slowing down and will turn retrograde at 3 degrees Cancer. That means that it will not catch up Jupiter and confirm the sale.

The good news though is that in a Horary, the Moon acts as your co-significator. The Moon is currently at 2 degrees Cancer and has just separated from a conjunction with Mercury, its last aspect. The Moon is in a partile sextile to Venus (the agent) and its next aspect is a square to Mars in Libra (the bungalow). Thereafter its next aspect will be a conjunction with Jupiter.

I would prefer it if that square to Mars did not take place, as an intervening aspect between the conjunction with Mercury and the conjunction with Jupiter is usually a sign that things will not work out.

Given that Mars signifies part of the question here, That doesn't have to be the case. However be prepared for some difficulties in getting a sale and those difficulties might well be to do with the condition or position of the bungalow. If those conditions don't cause the potential buyer to withdraw then the sale will go through, especially as the Moon is the ruler of the eighth and therefore signifies the buyers money going from them to you.

So the only problem I really see is that the bungalow is, in some way or other, going to cause delays or issues relating to the sale. Those issues are potentially fatal, as far as the sale goes. I would think that the issues are more likely to relate to its condition rather than its location. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with it in an objective sense, it might simply be not quite what the buyer is looking for or its decoration, presentation, current furniture (or lack of) might obscure its good points. That might mean that it's worth consulting someone who is good at preparing houses for sale and get an opinion.

If that's overcome then it's likely that the sale will go through. on time.

Going back a bit, but I realised I can give you feedback from last summer!

You were right about delays. First I changed to a new estate agent - not sure but I think that was right after you did this reading. May have been a month before. The first agent was appalling (lazy) about communicating with me, but also described the house badly: they called it "3 bedrooms" but the third was very small, so the ad attracted buyers wanting 3 bedrooms who saw this as having only 2 bedrooms plus a sort of extra area. The guy i switched to took much better photos, took more interest, and didn't mess around exaggerating. I think he was the person you advised to ask, "good at preparing houses for sale"; he was very experienced and cared about doing his job well.

After half a year (ish) with no luck, a buyer turned up within a couple of months after I changed agent. It looked like we'd exchange contracts by the end of July. But the buyer wanted August, so for the sake of a week I agreed to that. (Never found out her reason though I imagine she was waiting for money to come in or similar.) In the end we didn't complete until 26th August because of the buyer not wanting to go ahead sooner. I was very frustrated by that! But at least it did happen.

So you see, both the delays and the thing about the presentation of the bungalow were correct. Well done. :) The house itself should have been snapped up from the outset if the selling had been done properly. (I live at a distance and couldn't harangue them into doing better.) Could have been worse though; it was on the market less than a year altogether.

I notice you called the 8th house an "idle place". How so? :)

LittleOne

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making your significator Mercury, which is in it's own sign of Gemini and in the tenth house. So by placement, you have the job as your significator rules the tenth.

From this chart the issue is not whether you will get the chart, you almost certainly will. The question is do you really want the job. You obviously have the qualifications, as Mercury is in its own sign but Mercury is Retrograde - now this could simply be an indication that you are going back - to somewhere you worked before. Of more concern, Mercury is under the beams and mutually applying to Mars, the out of sect malefic. There could well be something connected with the job that you haven't seen or is hidden and that something might not be nice.

Yes, I do often think to myself - I left them, do I really want to go back? This company always has hidden surprises. It did right from the start for the three years I worked there last. Always a twist and a turn.

I also know the entire company structure changed right after I left so I am not entirely certain how that affects the role now and how my position sits organisationally. Though it is basically the same role I was doing last time it is in a completely different location so there are inherent unknowns with this.

Also of concern, Saturn is in an applying opposition to the MC. Now Saturn is the triplicity Lord in a diurnal chart, so it does have some 'ownership' of the job, though less than Mercury's. This could be HR or some level of management that you have to negotiate.

The Moon is in the Ascendant, so not only is it your co-significator it has genuing signification for you. The Moon is in a separating square from Mercury, so that might well signifiy that the die is now cast and there's little you can do to influence the outcome, other than the interview. The Moon's next aspect is a sextile to Venus, who rules the Lot of Spirit. Venus is reasonably benefic and the Lot is also conjunct the MC, so you have a great chance in the interview. But that Saturn opposition to the MC is also an opposition to the Lot of Spirit. So if you think HR could be an issue, as you've said before, then be prepared to deal with any objection.

I feel like it wouldn't be unreasonable for HR to question why I want to come back seeing as I not only chose to leave, but took a redundancy package. I woudn't blame them for having hesitations that I might just come for a short time and then leave again either. In some ways that is in my head too.

They write the most ridiculous contracts too. Sometimes I have to wonder if the things they write are even legal! I still have all the previous contracts I have received from them. I am much more learned in reading and identifying contractual issues as well. So I'm sure I'm going to come across a few nasties in there.

So things should easily run the way you want in terms of the interview. Make sure you check for any hidden problems with the job and check if there's someone with a say in the appointment who might oppose you. I don't see the latter causing things to go wrong but I could see you turning the job down for some reason that becomes obvious in the interview. Even worse I can see you getting the job and only discovering the issues when you take it up.

Incidentally Venus rules the second house of substance and as Venus has dignity by tripicity and is well placed in the eleventh, the salary might be more than you anticipate, or you may be able to negotiate it up from the initial offer. But as Venus is slowing you need to take that opportunity as soon as it arises.

It is not the most ideal situation I am in - there are already many things in my head that would make me want to turn down the job. However, I am currently at a place where there are very limited job opportunities for me. I work a specialist sort of job that is tied to an industry in downturn - so there is a nice big pool of specialists clawing for the limited jobs. It would be, in some ways, foolish not try to get the role as I am overqualified for it being that I know all the company structures too.

I really do not doubt there will be unknown problems. But as I have had disappointments from every angle in the past with the company I have no expectations and am definitely prepared to head there a few more years, rake in my cash while I finish my next degree and then move on (Hopefully with a new man in my life picked up along the way, hahaha).

It would be great if the salary is more than I anticipate. I imagine they will try to send me back a few notches now the economy is down. I am hoping to get something similar to what I had previously, and I have some ideas for negotiating already.

Thanks for the reading Minderwiz. I feel quietly confident, and being confident can only help in an interview.

Minderwiz

Reading for MandMaud

Great! OK, he's sitting his first public exams at the moment (GCSEs) - just three subjects this year. We home educate. Basically it is about how the exams will go and of course how the results will be.

The exams are during this/next month (two papers down, four to go) and he'll get his results in late August. Do you need more specific dates? And his birthday: 13 March 2000, 10:36am.

Horary is completely stand alone. It doesn't depend on any other event, though occasionally these are useful for checks.

So this is the second chart that I've cast for this question. The first one had a Moon Void of Course, which usually means delay or nothing will change. That doesn't really mean much in the context of this question, so I've cast a second chart. Indeed I've attached two charts.

The chart MandMaud Son, is the chart for this question. It has Leo rising, with Jupiter in the Ascendant, which is a good signification, being a natural benefic. As the chart was cast during a Jupiter hour, this chart is definitely radical. Jupiter rules the fifth house of children, which is the relevant one to your son. As the question relates to him, rather than you, I've turned the chart to give him the Ascendant (MandMaud Son Turned) which is the version of the chart that will tell us something about his chances.

This gives him a Sagittarius Ascendant, with his significator, Jupiter, being in the ninth house of higher education. That is another good signification. What is not so good is that his first house contains Saturn Retrograde, moving backwards into Scorpio.

Overall Jupiter is the most dignified planet in this chart. Although not rich in essential dignity, it has some. It's in its own Face, it has a mutual reception by Bounds with Saturn, though no aspect, it is in its own triplicity (and many score for this even though it's rulership is by night) but it as a lot of accidental dignity being in the first house of the radical chart (and the ninth of the turned chart) direct, fast and free from the beams of the Sun.

For your son this signifies that his ability to act here is very strong though his knowlege of the subjects could be better.

I don't see him failing the exams, Jupiter has too much dignity for that to happen but I think the outcomes may not be quite as good as that dignity suggests. Saturn in his first is not a good sign, despite the weak mutual reception with Jupiter, that suggests that Jupiter's promise will be limited to an extent, especially as Saturn is Retrograde.

There's another possible issue too. The Moon's next aspect is to Venus, who is Lord 6 in his turned chart and her last aspect was to Jupiter, his significator. It's not a bad aspect, being a sextile, but it might indicate his health is not at its best during this period. Again I don't see that having a major effect and it might not even have any effect at all . Just watch out for any Venus symptoms (Taurus on the sixth suggests the throat and Leo suggests the stomach).

Attachments

• MandMaud Son Turned.jpg
    MandMaud Son Turned.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 69
  • MandMaud Son.jpg
    MandMaud Son.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 64

MandMaud

Horary is completely stand alone. It doesn't depend on any other event, though occasionally these are useful for checks.

So this is the second chart that I've cast for this question. The first one had a Moon Void of Course, which usually means delay or nothing will change. That doesn't really mean much in the context of this question, so I've cast a second chart. Indeed I've attached two charts.

The chart MandMaud Son, is the chart for this question. It has Leo rising, with Jupiter in the Ascendant, which is a good signification, being a natural benefic. As the chart was cast during a Jupiter hour, this chart is definitely radical. Jupiter rules the fifth house of children, which is the relevant one to your son. As the question relates to him, rather than you, I've turned the chart to give him the Ascendant (MandMaud Son Turned) which is the version of the chart that will tell us something about his chances.

This gives him a Sagittarius Ascendant, with his significator, Jupiter, being in the ninth house of higher education. That is another good signification. What is not so good is that his first house contains Saturn Retrograde, moving backwards into Scorpio.

Overall Jupiter is the most dignified planet in this chart. Although not rich in essential dignity, it has some. It's in its own Face, it has a mutual reception by Bounds with Saturn, though no aspect, it is in its own triplicity (and many score for this even though it's rulership is by night) but it as a lot of accidental dignity being in the first house of the radical chart (and the ninth of the turned chart) direct, fast and free from the beams of the Sun.

For your son this signifies that his ability to act here is very strong though his knowlege of the subjects could be better.

I don't see him failing the exams, Jupiter has too much dignity for that to happen but I think the outcomes may not be quite as good as that dignity suggests. Saturn in his first is not a good sign, despite the weak mutual reception with Jupiter, that suggests that Jupiter's promise will be limited to an extent, especially as Saturn is Retrograde.

There's another possible issue too. The Moon's next aspect is to Venus, who is Lord 6 in his turned chart and her last aspect was to Jupiter, his significator. It's not a bad aspect, being a sextile, but it might indicate his health is not at its best during this period. Again I don't see that having a major effect and it might not even have any effect at all . Just watch out for any Venus symptoms (Taurus on the sixth suggests the throat and Leo suggests the stomach).

Thank you! Your conclusions all make sense given what we know for the time being. Good to see Jupiter so strong, and the good-but-not-his-best thing rings true.

About his health, my first thought was headaches as they come and go, he sometimes has several days being headachy but not enough to take a tablet (which he hates to do unless really necessary). It'll be very interesting if he has anything throaty/stomachy!

I always learn from seeing how you do it, and this time your reading is sprinkled with terms I haven't come across which I shall google at my leisure. :)

It's all over in just under two weeks' time, so I'll try and let know you how the papers went. And you never know your luck, I may even remember to come back after we know his results in late August! Thanks again. :)