Mercury retrograde question

PeonyInLove

Yes, just send me a PM with your time, date and place of birth. I'll take a look at the situation. Also give me the date(s) of your exams - if there's more than one just the start and end date will do.

Thank you so much... I just sent you a private message

Minderwiz

Your Chart

From the information supplied, I've calculated that your Ascendant lies in Gemini at 9 degrees 37 minutes. That's significant for Mercury's next Retrograde period because Mercury will first transit your Ascendant, then turn Retrograde and retransit it, and then finally turn direct and transit it a third time.

However, the first transit is on Saturday 9th May, with the Mercury stationing Retrograde on Tuesday 19th May. The Retrograde transit will be on on Friday 29th May. Mercury will then station Direct on Wednesday 10th June (all dates being in local time) So when you take your exams, Mercury will be direct - assuming that they are not early than the 11th June.

But Mercury will be slow at that point, so it would be better if your exams began the following week. Your natal Mercury is in Virgo at 1 degree 40 minutes. Retrograde transiting Mercury will square it by sign and will begin to apply to it by degree before it stations Direct but the square will never be perfected, as the Station Direct is at 4 degrees 35 minutes. Nevertheless it's possible that you might well notice something during the Retrograde phase, as it's conjoining your Ascendant and then nearly perfecting that square to your Ascendant ruler.

The only other classic planets aspected are Sun and Venus both of which will be aspected by sextile.

If you want a more detailed coverage let me know once you get your exam dates and I'll pick out any that seem to be affected, especially if the exams come earlier than you are expecting, or fall in that very first part of Mercury Direct, when it is slow.

Also let me know those exam dates, if the period since your last birthday has been difficult or things have not really worked out as you'd hoped.

I've kept here to the transits of Mercury Retrograde and not checked the transits of other planets. So just because Mercury Retrograde doesn't seem to be a threat doesn't imply that things have to run smoothly. Again once you have the dates, I could take a look.

PeonyInLove

From the information supplied, I've calculated that your Ascendant lies in Gemini at 9 degrees 37 minutes. That's significant for Mercury's next Retrograde period because Mercury will first transit your Ascendant, then turn Retrograde and retransit it, and then finally turn direct and transit it a third time.

However, the first transit is on Saturday 9th May, with the Mercury stationing Retrograde on Tuesday 19th May. The Retrograde transit will be on on Friday 29th May. Mercury will then station Direct on Wednesday 10th June (all dates being in local time) So when you take your exams, Mercury will be direct - assuming that they are not early than the 11th June.

But Mercury will be slow at that point, so it would be better if your exams began the following week. Your natal Mercury is in Virgo at 1 degree 40 minutes. Retrograde transiting Mercury will square it by sign and will begin to apply to it by degree before it stations Direct but the square will never be perfected, as the Station Direct is at 4 degrees 35 minutes. Nevertheless it's possible that you might well notice something during the Retrograde phase, as it's conjoining your Ascendant and then nearly perfecting that square to your Ascendant ruler.

The only other classic planets aspected are Sun and Venus both of which will be aspected by sextile.

If you want a more detailed coverage let me know once you get your exam dates and I'll pick out any that seem to be affected, especially if the exams come earlier than you are expecting, or fall in that very first part of Mercury Direct, when it is slow.

Also let me know those exam dates, if the period since your last birthday has been difficult or things have not really worked out as you'd hoped.

I've kept here to the transits of Mercury Retrograde and not checked the transits of other planets. So just because Mercury Retrograde doesn't seem to be a threat doesn't imply that things have to run smoothly. Again once you have the dates, I could take a look.

Thank you so much... I just have to do stuff as life is calling but I'll most definitely be back on here once I've finished to reply...

PeonyInLove

Firstly I would like to say thank you for putting time and effort into looking into this for me. It's quite extensive and I I can't say thank you enough. I apologise for not writing back to you earlier, today has been hectic and this is the first bit of free time I've had. I feel a bit confused by this all though as I only know the basics of astrology so I'm afraid it went a bit over my head. I did get the gist of it it though and will research your findings further. I did know that my ascendent is in Gemini and Mercury in Virgo so brownie points for me haha...:) I do hope my exams are when you suggested and they more than likely will be but I'm unsure when the dates will be issued, hopefully soon. Thank you for assuring me that the retrograde will not effect me and I'm relieved as the last Mercury retrograde caused a bit of turbulence in my life. I do understand that other planets could have an effect on my exams but I'll cross my fingers and hope that they are all aligned perfectly hahahaha :)

Minderwiz

OK, Short answer :)

You might also be affected by the coming Mercury Retrograde phase because Mercury will cross you Ascendant when it's Retrograde. It will also come near to squaring your natal Mercury.

But all this happens between 29th May and 10th June. So it should avoid your exam period. Things will be back to normal by the middle of the month.

If your exams start much earlier than you expect, then there might be issues, so let me know if the exams are scheduled to start before 11 June. :)

PeonyInLove

OK, Short answer :)

You might also be affected by the coming Mercury Retrograde phase because Mercury will cross you Ascendant when it's Retrograde. It will also come near to squaring your natal Mercury.

But all this happens between 29th May and 10th June. So it should avoid your exam period. Things will be back to normal by the middle of the month.

If your exams start much earlier than you expect, then there might be issues, so let me know if the exams are scheduled to start before 11 June. :)

Thank you for dumbing it down for me :) I'm pretty much 100% sure that they won't start before that date *phew*... Thank you so much again that was extremely kind of you.

Thunder

The last three years Mercury was always retrograde when my exams took place. This will be the case this summer too. I have noticed that people with Mercury retrograde in their chart handle it quite well and they do make good performance in such exams. But that's not the case for me - I am very organized person when it comes to studying and I don't like the surprised of Mercury retrograde. Druing this periods I lack cocentration and I can't make myself learn something new. Even if I do learn it, I just forget it. So I came up with another strategy - I learn everything I should know before the retrograde period and I use Mercury retrograde for revisions. It is a very good period for revisions, works like charm. Good luck wit your exams!