Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Luna's Crone

I don't usually like faerie decks, but I just got the Paulina, and despite how others feel, I like it.
I don't really like vampires or goth decks.
I love the Deviant moon - it gets to the point, but that is why I like it.
I like Osho Zen, I don't find it offensive at all. I agree with a previous poster that mostly it just tells you to be happy don't worry so much, but can get very in depth. I agree with the poster who wants to save Osho Zen from being burned.
Some decks just bore me to tears, like Morgan Greer and Hudes. They are readable but just plain dull.
the Fifth tarot is just about the worst piece of new age junk I ever purchased. I very much regret buying that. I'd read with my Gummy Bear Tarot before I used it.
I have a lot of other regrets but I keep my decks. The stay no matter what. I also do not like Thoth, I don't care who says it is great, it does not creep me out it just does nothing for me.The Geiger makes me sick.
I like some of the erotic decks, but not all.
so if i buy it , it stays here.
I like a few of the native american decks, as I have that heritage but not all.

hmmm the Geiger is a bit weird, quite can't make out the one card on here.

Luna's Crone

We've almost enough for a club now ;)

you didn't know there was a club? It The club of the Thothian Twits. I personally love Thoth Cards. Haven't started on them yet.

Luna's Crone

I got a Thoth deck a while back and I actually regretted buying. It just wouldn't click with me and spark my intuition. The artwork is stunning but I think there's something about the spirit of Aleister Crowley that doesn't suit my personality (count me weird.)

thats not weird, thats downright insightful.

Luna's Crone

Nah, I wasn't bothered about Osho. I ignored the 'Master' card and the fact that tarot was associated with him. It was the actual deck itself and the way it made me feel that I didn't like. It was like I could never live up to the level of perfection expected.

that's it, the cards where ok, if they where left to be themselves. it was their interpretations

Luna's Crone

I guess b/c I am old and remember the hippy years ( 60-70) I like Osho.
The decks works well for me and I find it it often my go to deck. I do see what you mean about the moralizing and all that. Good points.

well i a too am old and lived the hippies years, actually lived in the haight-ashbury district (page street) but this is not a nice deck. also I couldn't stand old bearded men trying to manhandle me back then either.

Luna's Crone

I really wish I hadn't bought the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. Really. It's lovely to look at, absolute crap to try to read with. I wrote paragraphs and paragraphs of describing the images I saw, creating their back story, then at best getting a sentence on how it related to me, and then only in vague, general terms.

Oh, and the Death card? Death carrying a sleeping/unconscious/dead woman across a desert landscape like a lover carrying his beloved, felt like an incitement to suicide. I'm depressed enough as it is without that turning up in my readings. (cue "Don't Fear the Reaper")

Supposedly it's a great deck to read with intuitively, but it didn't give my intuition much to work with.

Total waste of money.

I like the death card. I don't do all that work with the decks. I mess around with them and stuff until i feel its time i can read with them. most decks i don't buy to read with, but what decks i do regret buying are the ones i had hoped to read with catagory

G6

well i a too am old and lived the hippies years, actually lived in the haight-ashbury district (page street) but this is not a nice deck. also I couldn't stand old bearded men trying to manhandle me back then either.

I love the Osho artwork. Haven't used it much though.

Too bad abut the bearded men. Some folks would love that, lol!

Luna's Crone

Yep it still happens to me from time to time. Recently I bought Vision Quest because I wanted more nature oriented, softer deck and it had such a good opinions. As soon as I looked at it I realized but that's just ugly to me, no way I'm going to spend any time with it. So idealistic people are not even old yuk. What to do - bad decision.

also its a thoth type deck, that may throw people off too. but i love it.

Luna's Crone

Aren't Satan and Lucifer the same? Or at least related? Satan is "the adversary" and Lucifer is the fallen angel, who as far as I know became the adversary, the serpent, etc.

they are the same. I think dante came up with the name satan.

Luna's Crone

The name Lucifer is found in one place in the Bible (King James, Isaiah 14) "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! . .since this one little statement is all we have, along with several other references to a "Satan" who also has "fallen" from heaven, I don't know how anyone can know for sure who Lucifer was. I think it depends on who you are talking to, and what their opinion is. Some believe they are the same, so don't. The way I was raised, Lucifer and Satan ARE the same person - Lucifer was his name when he was an angel in heaven, and Satan he became after he fell.

Frankly, I don't believe in either of them, not in the biblical sense anyway...but I do believe that in biblical history, they are definitely the same being.

I don't have Place's Angel Tarot, wish i did, it's on my list....but I haven't seen it in person, and have only seen a few cards online. I like his other decks, so assumed I would like this one - I'll have to look for the "satan" card - I am assuming it is the Devil card? Not sure how I feel about it, I'd have to see it first....but I am not altogether against Satan appearing in an angel deck.

My worst purchase..there have been many. I would have to say the absolute worst to be the Sacred Circle Tarot, the one with the mish-mash of different styles - it's painting, it's photos, it's collage...mostly it's dorky looking people in wrinkled cheap looking Halloween Druid costumes...typical "creative" deck, new made up card names, stuff like that. I hate it.

Lucifer was I think God's left hand man but he wanted to be right and had a fight with Michael and then he thought he would do a better job than God so he and his followers fought God and his angels and lost. The where no women and children angels. Later there where goddesses and cherubs with wings but no women or children angles.