Experiments with "Eye Rhythms" in the Dodal

Le Fanu

whoah! The man who inspired us! :)

Glad you could drop by our thread, e. e. Loved your insights. Funny, but yesterday, the first thing I noticed after Herzog posted the spread was how the Tower and the Queen's Baston were related. As if one conducts the bolt down and the other, up...

Herzog

Yes, thanks for joining us, Enrique...

If we see her as pent up, frustrated, "bored" after some creative act, then we can understand why her crown finally explodes in the following image. She screams or lets off steam, enough so that everyone in her vicinity gets effected and falls to pieces...

Le Fanu, I like the idea of her baton conducting the bolt of her massive energy...

Herzog

I wonder who the old man might be in this story... his light seems to have a direct effect on the explosion as if by illuminating the building he has caused it to open up and release all those flames and people. And he does this quietly, with an air of knowing.

Maybe he shows up to rejuvenate the woman; to advise her and pull a creative fire out of her, even though she is tired or "bored."

Makes me think of a mentor and his prized student. The student is fatigued, or maybe losing faith in herself and the mentor encourages her by saying, "Don't stop now... Look! See? There's so much more inside you"

Le Fanu

It's striking that all of our cards in this spread have images on them. The difference this makes! No pips to have to fit into the story (though I am becoming braver when pips turn up) It's funny, you see the Hermit as being quite knowing. I see him as someone who has unwittingly unleashed something and doesn't realise the kbock-on effect. How I crave a question for this combination!

She certainly has the stroppy student look, if he is her mentor!

Funny, neither of us has commented on the fact that two of the three images are crowned! Now there's an eye rhythm...

Herzog

A question would be great. I don't like that I am trying to mold this queen/woman into my "Queen of Wands" learning. Do you know what I mean? I really would like to forget all the learning business but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I mentioned the crowns in my first or second post. It's the first thing that jumped out :) To me this is a perfect example of the strengths of this method of reading. When I look at the Tower in this sequence all I see is the Queen blowing her top and I want to know why.

Le Fanu

Herzog said:
A question would be great. I don't like that I am trying to mold this queen/woman into my "Queen of Wands" learning. Do you know what I mean? I really would like to forget all the learning business but I'm not sure how to go about it.
yes I do. So often, unless we keep the elemental attributions at the forefront of our minds, we end up seeing the Courts as mere pointers for whatever they're looking at, with very little difference between them.

This is an odd one. Pages and Knights are easier to work with (the former; apprentice/formative/early, youthful stages of something, and the Knights; leaping/lunging/moving some way...) but the Queens seem a bit more remote somehow if you are deliberately trying not to take on all that RWS baggage. I have to think about this though. I love this way of reading we have and so far have been finding it quite easy to just look at the cards and let them speak. I don't think you can ever unlearn what's there. Just accept it and in time it will transmute/settle into something more uniquely you.

Sorry about the crown! I must have seen it but the weekend has lapsed and a lot has happened!

Le Fanu

The next spread. A new phase in our ways of looking!

See spread below and let us ponder how it might relate to somebody in their job...

Attachments

• SDC11648.JPG
    SDC11648.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 113

Le Fanu

First though, the mere formal organisation of the images;

Cups is the theme here. Again - like another spread we have - as if the Cup grasped in the centre is the Cup magnified on the right. Is the Queen turning away from it? The "Cup" has been conquered and has resumed its normal proportions and is now simply a part of her life?

For some reason from this spread I'm getting microcosm and macrocosm. No idea why; this big Cup, little Cup, The World, The Universe....

The general "drift" of this spread is leftwards. the Queen looks left, the Eagle, the lower left beast (?) Everyone in fact, except the "Evangelist" (? Forgive me, I don't actually know the technical word for thee figures! I think he's an Evangelist)

This is a very odd spread. There is much in it but I'm not sure where the eye rests. There is no firm anchor here. Maybe that means something? What is the focal image? The Queen presumably, simply because she is a fixed person and she is in the centre. Or the Ace because it is big?

I have to say I have long been fascinated by this drape/banner which drops down in the Queen of Cups. You see it reappearing in Convers. Is it the banner or canopy of her throne which has gone out of the picture and now drops back into it? It is a detail I love. It echos the patterns of the Cup in a strange way.

If this were someone and their job, are we seeing someone who has turned their back on emotions for the sake of glory and laurels in their job? And in that glory (see central figure; World) now looks elsewhere?

More later...

Bernice

These cards made an immediate impression. I pondered for all of two minutes!

The Queen and the World figure are both looking to the 'past'. The Ace Cups looks like prize. So this first look seems to say; Someone who has achieved (World) a comfortable position in their job, is likely to get promotion OR 'a golden handshake'(!). They're feeling rather sad about it and thinking of past acomplishments.

BUT....... I've not really studied any further eye-rhymes (sneaking off for another peek at the cards).

Bee :)

Le Fanu

There's certainly much backword and forward looking here among the Queen, woman, Evangelist and beasts of the World card!