Experiments with "Eye Rhythms" in the Dodal

Herzog

phpaVxmBJAM.jpg

Herzog

Back by popular demand, the King of Swords :)

I get a sense of "private thoughts", of being alone or thinking about someone from a distance. He has detached himself from a working relationship and seems to be tortured over how to confess his feelings. This happens in work environments where two people become close when involved on a successful or creative project. Feelings develop and can sometimes get in the way.

The third Coin wrapped in a heart shaped vine seems to evolve into a beautiful heart shaped bouquet as the two bottom coins transform into two cups. This feels like attraction at the workplace and our man looks puzzled by it.

EnriqueEnriquez

I know it sounds simplistic, but...

The king has to use his sword to ‘take down’ one coin, so the other two coins can fit in the two cups. See how the third vanished in flames in the II coupes?

Herzog

EnriqueEnriquez said:
The king has to use his sword to ‘take down’ one coin, so the other two coins can fit in the two cups. See how the third vanished in flames in the II coupes?

So when the King eliminates the third coin from the "equation", the two cups can be together? This presents a more complex idea as the coins are added to the cups. I wonder what this says about those coins and what they could mean

EnriqueEnriquez

Herzog said:
So when the King eliminates the third coin from the "equation", the two cups can be together?

That is a great way of putting it!

e. e.

Herzog

Seeing as we're dealing with the King, I wonder if a more diplomatic approach is being suggested. Although the Knight of Swords would face the opposite direction, if the Knight turned up instead of the King this would suggest possibly an aggressive action. This somewhat confirms the "diplomatic" theory.

I love how all the different Court Card personalities compliment each other and build to tell a complete story, but also how when they are read separately one must consider what is not on the table.

It's like chess. If you play chess you'll know that it's good to experiment with variations on a game so that even when a game has ended you go back and re-arrange the pieces to look for alternate strategies or how the game could have been played better. Analyzing the chess board like this helps in understands the pieces, their strengths and weaknesses and how they work together. For example, one could learn a lot about a Bishop's weaknesses by understanding a Knight's strengths. I think there's a connection here with chess and tarot :)

Le Fanu

I think the vine of the 3 of Coins acts as a kind of Cup (more a florid chalice), eching the cups, a vessel for one of the Coins, enclosing it while the King of Swords passively reflects on how to release it.

In the 2 of Cups, the cups are open, releasing, like lips! It isn't done by force though, it isn't the Knight. The mood is contemplative, the Sword poised not thrusting. I think this is definitely to do with enclosing and releasing (something; an idea? an opinion? A person?) and how best to do it.

Why does the contrast between the 3 of Coins and the 2 of Cups makes me think of the contrast between keeping silent (enclosing vine) and opening up (open vessels)?

Elendil

The sequence suggests (to me at least) that there is a dilemma here. The King must decide to make a sacrifice for the greater good (the two coins which are transformed into two large cups). The sacrifice is not easy as the idea/project symbolised by the coin in the (heart shaped) vine is dear to his heart - wherein we find reason for his puzzled expression/look of concern. That he is up to the task of making the right decision is suggested by the upright sword of authority.

Experimenting with the chess idea, if we switch his position to the middle we find a hard decision has been made (the coin already sacrificed).

The idea of sacrifice/giving something up is borne out with the numerical regression of the 'pip' cards from three to two...

FWIW

Elendil.

Herzog

"He finally understood that spending a bit of his "precious" money would go a long way toward making her happy"

Herzog

The above idea of turning a spread into a storyline was inspired by Enrique Enriquez. We should start doing this here as an exercise. It's fun and really gets the brain working. Be as creative as you'd like