How to perform General readings?

Radke

Hi everyone,
I used to be a big fan of the show Psychic Tia - in this show she featured my favorite lenormand deck - the gypsy witch fortune telling deck, with added cards such as bride, amor, etc.

Anyways I noticed in this show she tends to perform general readings for her clients - does anyone know a way I can perform a general reading for someone using Lenormand? Or even in the way Psychic Tia performs? I am a professional reader who does best with specific questions and is highly rated. I just can't seem to jot down a good way to do nicely detailed general readings!

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

tarotlova

This is so funny because when I first came across Lenormand through Titania's Fortune Cards, she said it's best not to ask questions of it. So for years I didn't ask questions I kept that for the Tarot, only now that I read professionally online which is in this last year and a half do I answer questions with it! So all I used to do was repeat the name of the client over & over while I laid out the cards in what ever spread I was using, if it was face to face they shuffled then I laid them out, it always worked and still does. Try it! :cool5:

Barleywine

All of my truly general readings are done with the Grand Tableau since it will cover a wide range of topics within a single spread, with or without "charging" specific focus or theme cards in advance. It's just a matter of lining up all the usual "life areas" of interest (romance, health, work, finances, home, family, social aspects, trouble areas, etc) and giving each of them a run-through. Ranked by apparent order of importance and integrated, they give a reasonably good "snapshot" of the life's current focus and trajectory.

Unlike tarot, for which I don't ask for any information in advance and just let the cards speak their piece, I find that Lenormand works best with a specific topic in mind. Reading professionally, the Grand Tableau is probably too involved and time-consuming for routine use (although I once did three of them back-to-back when I wasn't "on the clock"), so I'm trying to sharpen my general reading skills with the 9-card square. I find that, the smaller the spread, the less useful it is for casting a wide net. I don't read Lenormand much in an intuitive way since it really isn't that open-ended and the cards don't meet you half-way in that respect.

Bonny

All of my truly general readings are done with the Grand Tableau since it will cover a wide range of topics within a single spread, with or without "charging" specific focus or theme cards in advance. It's just a matter of lining up all the usual "life areas" of interest (romance, health, work, finances, home, family, social aspects, trouble areas, etc) and giving each of them a run-through. Ranked by apparent order of importance and integrated, they give a reasonably good "snapshot" of the life's current focus and trajectory.

Unlike tarot, for which I don't ask for any information in advance and just let the cards speak their piece, I find that Lenormand works best with a specific topic in mind. Reading professionally, the Grand Tableau is probably too involved and time-consuming for routine use (although I once did three of them back-to-back when I wasn't "on the clock"), so I'm trying to sharpen my general reading skills with the 9-card square. I find that, the smaller the spread, the less useful it is for casting a wide net. I don't read Lenormand much in an intuitive way since it really isn't that open-ended and the cards don't meet you half-way in that respect.

Fascinating Barleywine !!