'Tarot, Jeu et Magie' Question

spoonbender

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of completing my bachelor paper, and I have a problem: I'm writing a little something about the Noblet Tarot de Marseille, and I'd need to know the exact pages these two quotes of Tarot, Jeu et Magie are on, in order to be able to give the correct bibliographical reference. The book is written about Depaulis, by the way, and in it, the Noblet Tarot is number 35.

The quotes are:
Or, un Jean Noblet, maître-cartier, vivant à « Saint-Germain-des-Prés, rue Sainte Marguerite, paroisse Saint-Sulpice », est cité en 1659 dans deux actes notariés (A.N., Y 197, n°s 3161 et 3162).
Il est curieux que ce grand érudit ait tenu à dater ces cartes du XVIII° siècle, alors qu'on ne retrouve aucune trace d'un Jean Noblet en ce siècle.
These could be on the same page, of course, but I really have no way of knowing because I don't have a copy of the book myself. (I'd LOVE to have one though, so if anyone knows where I could get one, please say so!)

I'd really appreciate your help!!!

Spoon

jmd

If no-one gives the references before, I'll get them when I get home this afternoon.

spoonbender

Thanks, Jmd! As long as you can give them before Thursday, I'll be OK. :)

jmd

Both quotes are from the same (and first) paragraph under 'Tarot Noblet', page 65.

Bibliographic reference:

Tarot, Jeu et Magie by the Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris, 1984

It should be noted that not all the content is by Thierry Depaulis, who though the main contributor, may be better described as 'editor' (within the covers, it is described as "Catalogue rédigé par Thierry Depaulis").

oh... and by the way, I do have a spare one or two copies of the book. I'd have to check how much I paid, but you're welcome to a copy at cost and postage (the Musée de la Cartes a Jouer in Paris had quite a few copies last I was there about two years ago, and doubt they have been all sold).

spoonbender

Oh thanks a lot for the references, Jmd! I'll go edit my paper right away.

And I didn't know Depaulis was more of an editor than the actual author - thanks for the info.

If I could buy a copy of the book from you, that'd be absolutely AWESOME!!! :eek: I really would love to have one!!!

spoonbender

Oh I see - they even still have it in their Boutique!

I'll try to order it from the Museum then.

Thanks A LOT for your help, Jmd! Much appreciated!!!

Spoon

PS: My PM Inbox is cleared out now. ;)

spoonbender

Just to give an update for those interested: I did manage to order the book from the Museum, and it arrived yesterday! It wasn't easy though - they took a while to reply, and they apparently only excepted cheques, so it was only after that had been sent to them, that they could send the book... Still, it IS possible, and I'd recommend it to everyone. Definitely worth the trouble. :)

Thanks again to Jmd!

Spoon