Pros & Cons needed for Soul Cards 1 & Luman Deck (Dreaming in Color)...please!

pippi

Pros & Cons needed for Soul Cards 1 & Luman Deck (Dreaming in Color)...please!

I am itching to get one of these intuitive oracle decks, and am trying not to get both...at least not yet. I'm not currently drawn to the Soul Cards 2 deck, so that's off the table for now.

Normally the coloring would tip the scales one way or the other, depending on my mood. The Soul Cards are darker, while the Luman deck is more brilliant. But I'm oddly not drawn in either direction more than the other right now. The only thing I can say about the Luman deck is that I feel I might be distracted/irritated by the keywords on the deck. I'd rather they were left without any guidance whatsoever. But the images are so breathtaking...

I would appreciate any pros & cons from anyone who has done intuitive readings with either (or preferably both) of these decks.

Thanks much! :)

WolfSpirit

I only have the Luman deck. Interesting thing you say that about the keywords…I think that may be what is holding me back from reading with them. I will try to ignore the words and go with the images and see how that goes :)
So…although I’ve had the deck for years I have not really used it much for readings…I thought it was a good deck for meditation though, it draws you right in. They really look fantastic, it is like you are being drawn into an other world. Great colours and very clear images, good quality card stock – it somehow does not really inspire me for readings.
I think I should add I have quite a collection of decks now (without ever intending to… ;)) so I have easier decks to run to when I want to do an oracle reading – maybe I should persevere more with this one. It’s a gorgeous deck anyways.

firefrost

I love my Luman deck, it's like being drawn into a twilight world. I've done readings with it, but not for a long time.

I've had the Soul cards and couldn't get along with them. Found the images a bit depressing, really.

:)

ana luisa

To be honest, I wouldn´t be able to choose between one or the other. They are SO different. The Luman deck is one of the most beautiful decks I´ve seen and I agree, the words are a drawback. You can always cover them while reading. The Soul cards are for serious deep soul searching work, it´s what I call the "uncomfortably necessary" type of deck. It would give me the same malaise Margarete Petersen´s does. I know it´s not much help but, I´d get both. If you really want to pick one think about the type of reading you´re planning to do. A lighter and more uplifting read would demand the Luman.

BodhiSeed

I love the Luman deck. The pictures evoke such an emotional response that I feel it physically. I tried an experiment with a few women with it; I covered the keyword, showed them the card, and asked them how it made them feel. Nine times out of ten, their responses were spot on the keyword listed.

Bodhran

pippi

Oh, thank you so much for all your thoughts!

WolfSpirit... I'm glad you mentioned the card stock, it was something I was curious about, but forgot to include in my post.

firefrost... I was just thinking the same thing this morning, when comparing the two in my mind...that the Soul Cards seemed to be more dark/depressing feeling than the Luman.

ana luisa... I will likely get both eventually. But your "uncomfortably necessary" comment matches the feeling firefrost mentioned, and at this point, I'm gravitating more towards a more beauty-inspired deck. I like how the Luman also has "negative" cards, but they seem to be portrayed in a very sensual manner, if that makes sense.

bodhran... Wow, what a fascinating experiment! "The pictures evoke such an emotional response that I feel it physically."... That's exactly what I'm looking for right now!

Luman it is! Thank you all so very much for your tremendously helpful input! :love:

mdawn

bodhran said:
I tried an experiment with a few women with it; I covered the keyword, showed them the card, and asked them how it made them feel. Nine times out of ten, their responses were spot on the keyword listed.

Bodhran

I showed these cards to a couple of guy relatives in Nov. (with the keywords covered) and found that they too reacted in keeping with the keywords. It was a cool exercise.

pippi

I ordered the deck today. :)

I'm going to try the hiding-the-keyword experiment with my kids...I love doing intuitive exercises like this with them!

Silverlyn

Love my Luman:)

Hi.

I love my Luman deck, too! (As you know: even have a thread about it titled: Luman anyone?). All times I used them on myself and my family, they gave eerily, insightful and accurate yet gentle and positive readings on us.

I even had both versions of it (the older, wider, matte more-vivid colored ones and still own the newer, narrower, glossy, tho less vivid colored ones).

I need to drag these out again..with everyone talking about it:)

Thanks!

Silverlyn