Would making your own deck...

CelestialHorse

Two that I have just dug up (and neither is the one I was previously aware of, which was photographic, from the movie. !)

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/h-decks/harrypottercards.gif

and a majors only one
http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/h-decks/harrypotterdoujincards.gif
Hm I always wondered if there are Harry Potter decks! Now I know :D Neat though. I still want to get the Wizards/Witches Tarot :p Close enough to Harry Potter right? :)

I would LOVE to make my own deck. Especially a collage deck. But I experienced how MUCH work it takes (and TIME), (by doing just one card/year on CTF for a couple of years) I totally gave it up. As I am afraid I would never finish it (don't like doing any project half-way only). And I am a fun of 78 cards decks, making just the majors wouldn't do it for me. Since I am not an artist it would take me a LOT of time (and dedication - that would not be a problem) and life is happening all the time. So many things to deal with - it would only lead to frustration of being pulled away from the process.

Which one is better? (making your own cards vs buying them) I think both. Best to have your own deck and buying others' as well :) Than you have variety.
Yeah me too I love doing both really it's pretty fun and exciting! It's just feeling nice to really start doing tarot cards of my own, I guess when you have a creative idea is to get it out! Indeed it takes time and what not :) Aw hopefully you will get to it! Being busy can be a total pain sometimes -.- Hm you can use pictures or something from shows and movies or whatever?

Hey no disrespect and kudos and all that stuff. But think on - 7 years, 72 cards. That's not even a card a month. I have no real excuse; I am just very VERY SLOW ! And it's the thinking that does that, as I can put a card together very fast as long as I have the right photos and the idea has hit me. (digital cameras are a wonderful thing.)

Enjoy yourself CH - that's the important thing.

ETA there is actually at least one Harry Potter deck besides the one showcased in this thread. NOT a nice sight, it isn't...
Hehe no worries :) No worries on being slow. I put things off for too long sometimes but now I have more time it's nice to get some things done XD Though I just want to do it all at the same time but that's kinda impossible lol especially reading books and stuff! I am indeeds enjoying myself :)

InionAradia

I think the main thing for me is the symbolism- you can have the exact art you want on your cards so for one thing, it'll be easier for you, personally, to read. Like, if you wanted to symbolise justice, one person might view it as scales, another person might view it as some kind of punishment for the wrongdoer, someone else would view it differently. It all depends on how you see things. Besides that, I feel it can give you a deeper view of each individual card if you're taking the time to work on the symbolism and the art and the meanings and so on. It can also be interesting to develop different ideas about each card.