Discorporae Tarot

blue_fusion

Just one of the things I've been working on recently. In terms of style, it draws inspiration from a number of movements: Art Nouveau, Art Deco, the Arts and Crafts Movement, Wiener Werkstaette, my love for textile patterns (especially foliage ones), even Second Empire, etc.

I tried to incorporate discorporative details to the cards - a bit similar to Cubism in approach, theoretically at least, in that I tried to split the scene into different planes of reality, except that in this deck's case, these planes came from different sources (as opposed to just "shattering" the image into shards/planes and rebuilding it).

This is the Empress card. The colors are still a bit off, though.

(and to those who are looking forward to that "faux engraved" deck I'm working on - well, it's still very much in progress. Thanks for your support. :) )

Attachments

• 03 PREVIES.jpg
    03 PREVIES.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 211

HudsonGray

VERY nice! What medium are you working in? Is that watercolor or all computer colored?

Featherflight

That is beautiful!

blue_fusion

VERY nice! What medium are you working in? Is that watercolor or all computer colored?

Thanks! The line art was drawn on paper and then digitally colored. I hope to move to a purely digital method in the near future - cuts the time to make them in half. Hopefully sales of my works help me save up for a touchscreen tablet (hah!) since coloring by mouse takes up so much time.

donnalee

Very interesting: good luck with it!

Vanchica

Wow

Very beautiful!!! THe name made me think it would be dark and scary- so gorgeous instead!!!!! Best of luck with it!

Cocobird55

Very nice!

annik

wow, I like the choice of color. With the result, I understand it will get quicker to do on the computer. It would turn me crazy if I have to do it by hand...