Question about the Wheel of Fortune

mehndigirl

Has any one noticed that the zodiac on the wheel is all out of whack? What's it all about? Am I missing something here?

StellarMyst

I have noticed it too

I saw this too, and I'd like to discus this card in further detail, if that's alright with you.

The thing that strikes me about this particular detail, is that the Wheel of Fortune is a random-acting entity. As the book says: "Sometimes viewed as fate, this wheel frightens most of us because its turning is beyond our control."

If the wheel had these symbols in any type of order (which, obviously it does not), it would not be as frightening (I take this card in a neutral state-of-mind), and intriguing, and often-times confusing. There is not even a pattern to be found in these symbols, which makes the wheel that much more of a mystery to interpret at times (it showed up in a Relationship Spread I did last night--upright--about my relationship with mother), and the position it took was: 10. How the other person (mother in this case-- I'm not adopted) saw you upon first meeting.

This is from the Relationship Spread in *The Way of Tarot* book and can be found on the relationship spreads list here at AT.---please excuse the rambling...

Its a good spread, but when this card turned up it threw me for a loop! I'm still trying to figure out how to interpret this one! lol

yours,

StellarMyst

mehndigirl

I totally agree with your take on the art. The Wheel can feel like chaos, and so the zodiac appears in random order -outside of control- It makes much more sense to me now. I still find it a little odd that it wasn't mentioned in the book though.

I think the card read in the position you described (although I admit I'm not familiar with the spread) could mean that your birth represented serious life changes for your mother. Were you her first child? Did she experience postpartum depression after you were born? Even if both answers are no, the birth of any child will cause one's Wheel to spin, and that is, of course, when you first met.

Jen

StellarMyst

These are very good points. To me, this was (as I seem to have bought Left field...or did I just get deserted?) a complete right-fielder! Have you noticed that there are no buttons of any kind anywhere within the Wheel's mechanisms?
I think this adds even more to the frightening mystery of the wheel.

Another thing, what do the track-able planets in the background mean to you? To me, they are a reminder that one should reflect on the situation surrounding the Wheel's role in the situation inquired of...

If one can build a Birth Chart based upon the positioning of the planets at the time of their birth, what other reason is there for the planetary back-drop?

This is one of many of the cards that caused me to incorporate the book

*The Complete Book of Color Healing*

into my reading the cards. The book gives good insight to the Psychological aspects of color, and I found this useful in readings.

For instance the book states that dark orange is associated with under-miners, gamblers, those with a chip on their shoulder.

But the card also contains an almost amber-colored cloud or two: this denotes the fact that a presence can be felt and not seen...

As for the varied tones of golden-yellow: fickle, practical, and astute...(quite a few more where these came from...) the Psychology of this color is complex and does not always mean happiness!

Consider for a moment the the color pink in the planet at the right of the Wheel: This color is a higher vibration of red[also ON the Wheel as well the background and to the right...red speaks of higher tensions and energies] due to the infusion of white, and gives the wheel a powerful twist in the direction of Improvement.

The dark purple in the upper-right-hand corner is intriguing to me: it is associated with things spiritual: the spiritual journey; mysticism; spiritual attainment; leadership; boundlessness...the list goes on.

Yours,

StellarMyst