is court card referring to me?

Nemia

A quote from Andrea Green's book True Tarot Card Meanings (it's the nom de plume of Marcus Katz and Tali Godwin):

"Now how do you tell if a Court Card in your reading is a real/life person, an "energy" or aspect of a situation, or a characteristic of yourself? Here's a hard and fast rule from experience:

If there is only ONE CC in your reading, then it is usually a PERSON.

If there are TWO or THREE CCs in your reading, then they are usually all representing ASPECTS (ENERGIES) OF THE SITUATION.

If there are LOTS of CCs in your reading, then they are usully PARTS OF YOURSELF."

The authors are experienced and I find their books helpful, and the book in question is good. Nevertheless, I don't use their rule of thumb concerning court cards. So much depends on the size of the spread. 2 court cards good and well, but IMO it's a different case if you have a huge spread or just a 2-card-spread...

I follow my intution in these cases and check each possibility in turn.

Thinking about it - I find queens and kings represent nearly always persons or the querent him/herself. Pages often appear when learning processes and new impulses or information appear, Knights are often action-points.

But whether that simply reflects my own bias or it's a valid observation - don't know. I just put it out there ;-)

Oh those lovely, fascinating, complex, puzzling, mind-boggling court cards....