What Does the Knight of Cups Suggest; Exactly...

myura

Hello,

I would like to gain some more insight on the knight of the cups. The context is x and y have a crush on eachother, but neither have them have been upfront. The knight of cups was the outcome card. Question asked was what will the next 3 months show between x and y.

I am very interested to know what the knight of cups brings. I know the general meanings are new romance, passion, love perhaps. Knights usually bring something to the table. In this cards case, the knight appears to be moving slowly , with a cup out stretched. Perhaps he is offering his emotions? Knights are for the most part vallant. So would this card suggest he is looking to finally sweep his lady interest off her feet?

As far as negative connotations go, well its a knight not a king, so stability may be a tad bit questionalbe.

I am also wondering, does this card represent love as an outcome. Will these 2 people come together, or is the knight just passing by? Or can theknight show someone else is coming into the picture?

PAMUYA

This knight is a dreamer, a flirt, a lover to all, but he is emotionally unstable. He will quickly move onto something that catches his eye. He is the center of his world. The cup he holds in front of him is his emotions. In matters of love, what comes to mind is the term "puppy love" The fantasy far out weighs reality. This knight has not planned for the future he lives moment by moment letting his emotions lead the way. As far as a relationship, there is something there, it needs time to mature to become something solid. A knight in shinning armor he is not. This dose not answer yes or no, it's a maybe. It depends on the individuals maturity, both of them.

summeryjoy

I would say that the knight means that the male out of x and y will end up making the first move. As you said, he is no king, so he will do so without a solid plan for commitment in mind.

Grizabella

I think the Knight of Cups is referring to a late teen/young adult who has a crush on the Queen whose scarf he's going to wear in a joust. He doesn't represent someone who is fully mature and capable of the kind of relationship someone older might be able to have with the Queen. After all, the Queen does have a King, so the Knight may be crushing on the Queen, but it's not a full-blown mature love situation.

Beth-Anne

So the thing I always notice about the knight of cups is this: he looks very much in love, and he lacks the energy of the other knights. Being a visual person. I'm going to use images here cuz it was comparing these knights one day that I came to really see this :) (my deck is Hanson-Roberts so its an RW clone).
Kn. Of C
c4266cad5d3fc238de5891ca358de752.jpg
see he's just sitting there on his horse, totally into his cup and not even moving.

Kn. Of swords and Rods/wands look active
7dbbed39b3d38f2eb29d3e68f377b25e.jpg

And Kn . Pents looks like he just worked full speed and is taking a breather.
7b70101741bbd662df0c062c64dede38.jpg

This says to me that the woman needs to make the first move so that he can see its more then a dream.

Puffette

Hello,

I would like to gain some more insight on the knight of the cups. The context is x and y have a crush on eachother, but neither have them have been upfront. The knight of cups was the outcome card. Question asked was what will the next 3 months show between x and y.

I am very interested to know what the knight of cups brings. I know the general meanings are new romance, passion, love perhaps. Knights usually bring something to the table. In this cards case, the knight appears to be moving slowly , with a cup out stretched. Perhaps he is offering his emotions? Knights are for the most part vallant. So would this card suggest he is looking to finally sweep his lady interest off her feet?

As far as negative connotations go, well its a knight not a king, so stability may be a tad bit questionalbe.

I am also wondering, does this card represent love as an outcome. Will these 2 people come together, or is the knight just passing by? Or can theknight show someone else is coming into the picture?

I've had in the past this knight of cups and it meant the man in cause was having a crush on me,willing to conquer me and make me happy. He was visiting me,bringing me gifts.. In any case this knight suggests promises,proposals and emotions,a male visiting u.. He's not moving slowly..he's faster the pentacles fellow anyways. If there'a any guarantee for the future with this cups guy?..I cannot say for sure,but its definetly a good sign ahead and he knows exactly what he's doing and the lady in his life enjoys it.
As outcome it shows courting and feeling young and blessed to have someone that makes u feel so good. It doesnt show commitment as the kings but at least you get to spend beautiful moments next to your man.

myura

Hi Payuma,

What you say makes sense about the lack of maturity. I think this knight has the right intentions but they may lack focus due to his immature nature. Good point about the puppy love comment. However, he is a knight not a page, so maybe he is the type that willeventually come to his senses.

myura

Hello Puffette,

I agree with your point about courting. This knight does a=seem to be a womanizer, as depicted, he is handing over a cup or emotions, I think the water in the card can indicated instability, and maybe changed feelings. Overall thought I thinnk iyt is a good card to show signs of an early romance-even if that is as far as it will go.

myura

Hello Grizabella,

You raise an interesting point about the queen having a king. Perhps the knight gives her the passion she lacks with the older king? Ofcourse passion alone does not a relationship make, I think this card shows the more fun side of romance as opposed to a relationship.

myura

Hello Summerjoy,

Thanks for your input. I guess this knight can be a bit impulsive, but he does not seem out of control like the knight of swords. I think this knight behaves on the whim of his emotions, whichever way they take him.