Repeating Page of Pentacles and Hanged Man

NeilC

Having posted a problem about repeating cards which I thought I had resolved with the help of this forum http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=249461, a few days thereafter, I drew the Page of Pentacles three times in six days, and the Hanged man two days in a row a day later.

To me, this new series of repeated cards suggests that the decision I made in the last thread was not the right one. Briefly, that decision was to give all my efforts to learning the Tarot (which for me was a completely different and relatively new experience) and not to also "move on" to another "entirely different & new project".

It also seems to me that this Page of Pentacles card is telling me again to move on and find totally new opportunities for growth and new beginnings, and the Hanged Man is telling me to slow down, take time out to consider what past actions to release, and which ones to carry forward. Combined, they seem to be telling me that I am still not listening to its message. Throw out the old that isn't working for me any more, and bring in a completely new project, is how I see this message. Am I reading this right?

This is causing me a problem, because I don't know where to look for an entirely new project or even how to go about it. What does a completely new project mean? Does this exclude all projects that I have started in the past, even if I didn't finish them? For example I have two incomplete abandoned novels and one incomplete abandoned non fiction book that I never finished. If I pick up where I left off and continue writing any one of these books, will this be a "new project"? (As a retired accountant, writing was not my speciality, so it was out of my normal activities.)

Maybe I am just getting too intense about this whole thing and trying to MAKE it all happen, (a tendency that I have always been guilty of), whereas I should wait for developments and see what happens? Perhaps that is why the Hanged Man has come up??

Any help in adding to my card interpretations (or critiquing them) and pointing me in the right direction to move forward, would be greatly appreciated.

I must add that as someone fairly new to Tarot, I am really thrilled that I am learning so much about myself through these readings, and absolutely love learning about how to read the Tarot. Now I know why it's such a long journey!

tarotmka

I would ask the cards.

The Page of Pentacles means this:
The Page of Pentacles doesn't mean this:

Tell me about completing one of my abandoned novels:

Farzon

Have you considered that the cards simply show your dedication to the Tarot as your currently prevailing state of mind?

See, I completely disagree with your interpretation ... The Page of Pentacles to me is about studying, dedicated and passionate learning.
The Hanged Man is about dedication as well: a wilful sacrifice of oneself to reach enlightenment in the best case. In the most profane case, waiting, not moving forward.

I would interpret these cards as "stay with what you do, it will take time". I don't see any kind of movement in both of the cards.

Just my two cents ...

PAMUYA

Both cards for me are slow down, assessment, learning. Haste make waste comes to mind.
I like Farzon's posts, I could not have stated it better.

NeilC

I would ask the cards.

The Page of Pentacles means this:
The Page of Pentacles doesn't mean this:

Tell me about completing one of my abandoned novels:

Thanks tarotmka. I will try this.

NeilC

Have you considered that the cards simply show your dedication to the Tarot as your currently prevailing state of mind?

See, I completely disagree with your interpretation ... The Page of Pentacles to me is about studying, dedicated and passionate learning.
The Hanged Man is about dedication as well: a wilful sacrifice of oneself to reach enlightenment in the best case. In the most profane case, waiting, not moving forward.

I would interpret these cards as "stay with what you do, it will take time". I don't see any kind of movement in both of the cards.

Just my two cents ...

Thank you Farzon. When I was younger I always used the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) for all my client system development work, and it never failed. Your comments above about what the cards may be simply saying, is well said and well received. Somewhere along the line I have over complicated my card reading right now, perhaps because I am very conscious of seeing what I want to see in the cards (because the reading is for me), rather than what the cards may be telling me.

What you say makes a lot of sense to me because that is how I feel - I am indeed both dedicated and passionate about learning the Tarot and am putting a lot of pleasurable effort into it. I have a lot to learn and have realised and accepted that this a long term project. I am humbled by the power of the Tarot and the learning curve that experienced readers like yourself must have gone through to achieve results that give personal satisfaction.

I am most thankful to you for your comments and for sharing your view with me. You can add very many noughts to your "two cents" worth, and you will see what it is worth to me.

cSpaceDiva

Similar to what others have stated, I would not see this as a sign to go off and start on something different. The Page of Pentacles indicates to me that you are new, you have begun the work, but you still have a lot more to learn.

Then the Hanged Man would indicate that you should be patient, take your time and stick with what you're doing even if it seems like you're not making any progress. It could also mean taking a different approach/fresh perspective to what you are already doing, but not starting something new entirely.

Grizabella

Pardon me, dear sir, but your accountant is showing. :p

In other words, you'll need to learn to read the grey areas, not the black and white ones. Tarot is very fluid but accounting is not, so you'll learn to use the other side of your brain when reading the cards. With accounting you're dealing in facts and figures. With Tarot you're learning to deal more with images and ideas, not facts and figures. :)

Once that starts working, then you'll also need to learn to transfer the images and ideas back over to the left side of your brain to be put into words if you're reading for someone else. I found that part quite difficult at first, oddly enough.

NeilC

Pardon me, dear sir, but your accountant is showing. :p

In other words, you'll need to learn to read the grey areas, not the black and white ones. Tarot is very fluid but accounting is not, so you'll learn to use the other side of your brain when reading the cards. With accounting you're dealing in facts and figures. With Tarot you're learning to deal more with images and ideas, not facts and figures. :)

Once that starts working, then you'll also need to learn to transfer the images and ideas back over to the left side of your brain to be put into words if you're reading for someone else. I found that part quite difficult at first, oddly enough.

Yes, Grizabella, I have indeed got a dominant, bullying, ruthless left brain! It has no intention of allowing my intuition to surface! :cool3: I am really struggling with this aspect in my Tarot reading development, and will have to search again for a way to allow my intuition to break through. Thank you for your comments. They are very helpful.

NeilC

Similar to what others have stated, I would not see this as a sign to go off and start on something different. The Page of Pentacles indicates to me that you are new, you have begun the work, but you still have a lot more to learn.

Then the Hanged Man would indicate that you should be patient, take your time and stick with what you're doing even if it seems like you're not making any progress. It could also mean taking a different approach/fresh perspective to what you are already doing, but not starting something new entirely.

Thank you cSpaceDiva for your input. I think that you are right and I do need to change my approach. It is too left brain driven. I am not usually a very patient person, but in learning the Tarot, I realised shortly after starting, that I was going to need many years of patient learning to even get on to the bottom rung of the ladder. I am prepared to do this.