Tarocchi di Guppemberg 1840

Le Fanu

Does anyone have this deck? I believe Meneghello do a version of it, a limited number of 2,000 copies.

Yet I search on the internet and nothing comes up. I attach a picture of the deck I think it is. I would like to know more about it, if anyone does have it. Namely what kind of finish it has (i.e glossy or not!)

I am thinking of buying it and would love to know more, but nobody ever mentions it.

Attachments

• tarocco_lombardo_ii.jpg
    tarocco_lombardo_ii.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 333

MoonGypsy

i don't have it, Leffy, but those scans are gorgeous! i love the color palette used!

Le Fanu

frelkins said:
Yes I have 1. It's here: http://www.spiritone.com/~mfilipas/Masquerade/Reviews/gumpp40.html as well. I prefer the gumppenberg 1820 deck myself, more charming. Like all of Oswsldo's decks it's on small stiff cream unlaminated stock.
That is indeed the one! I ask about lamination because actually not all Oswaldo's decks do have that stiff unlaminated stock. The Dotti and Marsiglia and Sibilla are glossy and I wondered about this one...

Thanks for the link Alec. But why does nobody talk about this deck?

I love these brown Meneghello decks :D and to date my favourite is the Bologna Tarot, this one. I adore this one.

I actually have this Gumppenberg one in a limited edition issued by the Fournier Museum in Victoria, Spain. Beautiful small size and exquisite backs... I just fancied the Meneghello version too.

Le Fanu

Blimey. I read that review carefully on Osvaldo's site;

The cards of this reproduction have a thick laminated finish

frelkins

Mine isn't laminated?!?!? Confuzzled!

Le Fanu

frelkins said:
Mine isn't laminated?!?!? Confuzzled!
This has happened before. Some laminated, some not. I think Meneghello actually do different editions.

itrocksmyworld

Soprafino 1835

Hey Fanu.... i have the C. Dellarocca deck from Il Meneghello, 1835, and IT indeed is from a limited-edition run of 2,000 (i believe) of unlaminated decks.... the laminated edition is available too.... i have never held cards before that were not covered in plastic, and i love this deck, IT is quite special and sacred to me, to know that i am holding cards as they were almost 200 years ago, paper against skin, and exuding all the energy which they transmit constantly.... salute!

peace

Nolan ;-)

alec

Lamination is one of those things that some people like, and others not so much.

Le Fanu, my Dotti is the only Meneghello deck I have that is laminated. The cards hold to each other so strongly that it's quite unpleasant to use and so stays in its box.

Interestingly, my Della Rocca and Marsiglia decks are just like the Bologna deck you enjoy so much - no lamination.

Must be that at least some of the editions have been released both laminated and not.