Another proud owner of the Faeries Oracle

Silverlotus

I was a rather naughty girl today when I stopped by my local metaphysical/psychological/feminist-sorta bookstore (Words of Wellness, if anyone from ON is wondering). I was intending to maybe pick up the Goddess Tarot, or maybe even just browse. But the Faeries Oracle was sitting right there on the top shelf, just looking at me. So I bought it... *sigh* The cards are beautiful.

If I can, I would love to join the study group. I've read quite a few of the old messages. I think I'm not supposed to read the meanings in the back yet. lol! :p But otherwise, how to I participate?

Kirali

Congrats! I hope you enjoy this deck like I've been! At first I was real hesitant to buy this deck because I wanted to read tarot more than oracles and I had preconceived ideas on how fairies need wings and have to be exceptionally beautiful. This deck was a real eye-opener for me and I love this deck! It is also one of my favorite decks to shuffle and I use this deck almost as much as I use my tarot cards.

You can participate any way you want! heheh You can start a thread on which card means the most to you, or add on to the old ones.

You can read what other's interpretations are of cards! I do that when I go completely blank on some cards like the singers to me. You can read the meanings in the book but it is more fun to test your own interpretation and then going back and seeing how yours compares to the book and study group members' ones.

rostie

hi, welcome!!!

this faeriegroup loves to see new members, new blood, new visions, new learningpoints, new faerie-experiences so: happy to see you here!!! you will enjoy the faeries, they are just wonderfull!!!

with love,

sara.

Sea Sprite

Hi Silverlotus,

Welcome to the forum and congrats! :D

Silkin

Congratulations Silverlotus

You are in for a World unto its own :)

:) Silkin

Alissa

Silverlotus,

I hope the Faes bring you as much joy and wisdom as they have for me in the short time I've had them so far.

Please do participate often here, I enjoy reading others' experiences with this deck. It is unique from Tarot, not better or worse but different, and I personally love the deck.

I would recommend reading the *beginning* of the book, and foloowing the most favorite/least comfortable card exercises. I also recommend doing the books' suggestion of sorting through the cards and putting them into your own piles and categories, this was one of the funnest things (I felt) about discovering this deck.

Please play and post, and feel good being silly and serious and wacky and wise, like les Faes.

Jewel

Alissa said:
I would recommend reading the *beginning* of the book, and foloowing the most favorite/least comfortable card exercises. I also recommend doing the books' suggestion of sorting through the cards and putting them into your own piles and categories, this was one of the funnest things (I felt) about discovering this deck.

I agree with this suggestion. Do all the exercises in the book. I know I sometimes felt stupid ... like when I sang with the Faeries and later danced with them *LOL* ... but really it is all part of a wonderful experience and as Silken put it ... to whole nother world.

Welcome to the group!

Silverlotus

I've started doing the exercises, and I will add my posts soon. They really are very wonderful cards. Although I generally think of faeries are very energetic, they are giving me such a peaceful feeling. Which is certainly welcome right now.