Is the 6 of Swords past, present or future?

Enlightenment23

Hi guys!

As part of the "Is Love Looking for You?" spread, there's a question that asks, "Is (your lover) from your past, present or future?"

I pulled the 6 of Swords with my Book of Shadows Vol. II: So Below deck (Here's the link to the image: https://magdalenatarotinc.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/6-of-swords.jpg)

I would say that this is someone from my future. OR someone that I know now in the present, and we will get to a better place in the future so that some sort of romantic connection can form?

Let me know what guys think!

(Is Love Looking For You Link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4736531)

elena_jaymz

Hi Enlightenment23, I'd say this 6 of Swords talks about the future (which can be near/immediate as well), because I've always seen this card message as one of "moving on from the troubled past".

gregory

I absolutely agree with elena. Moving forward - very future.

tarot_quest

I also did this spread not long ago ;) And I also think that 6 of swords is about meeting someone in the future!

It could also imply that you have to move on from something related to you past before having this new connection.

IndigoWaves

If I ignore this card's imagery and go with a RWS meaning alone -- leaving the known behind and heading off into the future -- then it would suggest someone whom you haven't met (yet)... But the imagery of your card suggests that the girl has seen and is currently interracting with/'chasing' the fairy that she wants, which suggests someone whom you know now, in the present. (Actually, another RWS 6S meaning is "shared journey", which could include someone who's already known now, too, traveling in the same boat.)

Enlightenment23

Hi Enlightenment23, I'd say this 6 of Swords talks about the future (which can be near/immediate as well), because I've always seen this card message as one of "moving on from the troubled past".

Thanks elena! I'm glad to see this card as moving on from a troubled past.

I absolutely agree with elena. Moving forward - very future.

Good thing! All the guys in my past and present are just... no lol. Great guys, but not a good fit for me. Thanks so much for your input.

I also did this spread not long ago ;) And I also think that 6 of swords is about meeting someone in the future!

It could also imply that you have to move on from something related to you past before having this new connection.

Cute spread isn't it? I think that implication makes sense. I think I need to move on from low self-esteem, poor confidence, and negative self-talk first and foremost before I can truly embrace love.

The distinctive imagery of this card re: "Is love looking for me?" seems like a "No" response (so love will only seek, and hopefully find you, in the future)... The girl may be yourself, having identified a desired love as the fairy and eagerly giving chase, but he has seen her and is apparently trying to escape (hence the "No")... This makes me wonder if you're fixed on somehow 'catching' an unrequited love/Ex (or maybe an equally unattainable love ideal) and would need to move away from that mode of thinking (6S) before real/reciprocal love will materialize. Just another idea.

Well, the six of swords as actually answering, "Is your next love interest from your past, present or future?" There is a Q in the spread that asks, "If love is looking for me?" And I got the Empress, which I take as a message that I'll need to learn to embrace all my flaws and imperfections, as a woman, before I can truly love. I think I am represented as the girl in the card, but if you look at the card, it's a very young, oblivious girl that doesn't seem too aware of her surroundings. I think that's me. Sort of not sure where life will take me, and I'm sort of allowing time to "sweep me" into love into the future.

IndigoWaves

Well, the six of swords as actually answering, "Is your next love interest from your past, present or future?"
Dang it... The result of a bleary-eyed lack of sleep, I'm afraid. Sorry about that. I've edited my initial post in light of the proper question, if you'd like to check it out. Cheers!