the star and 3 of wands relationship

harmie

Hi, wondered if you could help ... I've been doing a reading about an ex who tends to come and go in my life ... Usually as friends but more recently seemed to want more before becoming distant again ... Anyway for how he feels about me I got the star: I read this as hope? That he sees me in a positive light but maybe unattainable? And for whether we would have a relationship I got 3 of wands which was really unsure how to read ... Information online seems to indicate either someone having many directions, or again hoping and waiting for attainment?
Wondered if you could give me your point of view?

tarot_quest

Hi harmie,

This situation does not seem easy. First question, do YOU want a relationship with him that much? And why does he come into your life to then leave shortly after?

In the feeling position, yes the Star could say that he has friendly and maybe even romantic feelings for you, but he keeps you out of reach. It's like if he was contemplating the idea of having a relationship from afar. I also think that their is a certain purity of feeling involved here, but nothing that leads to something tangible, at least right now.

3 of wands as a relationship potential seems more positive than negative to me. It could refer to starting a new project, rather passionate, together. However, a lot of people see it as a person waiting for someone to come back without any tangible outcome. There was a thread lately about the 3 of wands by Enlightenment23, you could maybe take a look at it?

Good luck and I suggest you to tell this person clearly what you feel and want from them. Try to do not place yourself in a vulnerable position.

harmie

Thanks for your reply šŸ˜Š
That's a very good question! I guess I feel a connection with him, although I'm not sure whether it would make a good relationship as we never really got out of the dating stage .... And disappearing, well he started dating someone new, we'd catch up as friends, but more recently now he's single he'd been talking about us and making plans for things we could do together .... Before then disappearing again ....
Your interpretation of the star would make sense ... He is more a thinker than someone that takes action, and is very cautious before making decisions .... I also wonder whether he's current situation of family commitments and wanting to change jobs holds him back?
I will have a read about the 3 wands ... Wands tend to feel positive to me too but there are often very different interpretations.

Thanks for the advice ... I pulled 9 swords as an action card and felt that that indicated I needed to stop agonising internally over the situation (which I probably had been) .... Initially I thought what will be will be, but I think being in an action position it probably means more confronting the situation

tarot_quest

Thanks for the advice ... I pulled 9 swords as an action card and felt that that indicated I needed to stop agonising internally over the situation (which I probably had been) .... Initially I thought what will be will be, but I think being in an action position it probably means more confronting the situation

I am happy to hear that! I agree with the 9 of swords interpretation and I also think that you should clarify the situation with him to know where things are heading.

Don't be scared to confront him (nicely though!). Good luck again!