Love life within the next year

tarot_quest

Hi guys,

part of a larger spread, I asked what the Universe has to offer me in the love department, and I received: 6 of cups - rx 2 of cups - Ace of pentacles.

I interpret it as feeling comfortable with someone, including myself (6 of cups) and having a connection, somehow not completely acknowledged either by me or the other person (rx 2 of cups) with a potential for investment (Ace of pent).

Then, I asked for more precision: What will happen in love within the NEXT year, but this time the 2 of cups was upright (surrounded by other cards), which I interpret as a love connection.

Am I missing something here? Would you think that something ''serious'' could happen with these cards, since 2 of cups is only about having a connection (and does not guaranty anything beyond that)?

GoodnessGracious

English is not my first language, so excuse me if I'm misunderstanding, but did you phrase the question "has on hold" to the cards? Because that would then mean a pause and that it's temporarily halted, no? Which would explain the reversed 2 of Cups... but then for next year, it's upright, thus not "put on hold" anymore.

tarot_quest

English is not my first language, so excuse me if I'm misunderstanding, but did you phrase the question "has on hold" to the cards? Because that would then mean a pause and that it's temporarily halted, no? Which would explain the reversed 2 of Cups... but then for next year, it's upright, thus not "put on hold" anymore.

Oh boy! English is not my first language either... I am sorry, I meant ''what the Universe has to offer me''

rwcarter

For the record "on hold for me" could mean "in store for me".
Hi guys,

part of a larger spread, I asked what the Universe has to offer me in the love department, and I received: 6 of cups - rx 2 of cups - Ace of pentacles.
6C could represent a former lover, an old friend or renewing ties with someone from your past. The 2C Rx says to me that the connection won't immediately be romantic. The AP speaks to building a new/strong foundation. Together the cards could be saying that the Universe has in store for you a non-romantic (2C Rx) reconnection with someone from your past (6C) so that you to can lay the foundation for something new together (AP).

Then, I asked for more precision: What will happen in love within the NEXT year, but this time the 2 of cups was upright (surrounded by other cards), which I interpret as a love connection.
Lacking the context of the other cards from the reading, the 2C could point to an emotional connection with someone other than the person talked about in the original reading.

The first reading seems to be focused on the long term since you didn't specify any time frames, while the second reading has an imposed time frame. So even though the same card appeared in both readings it doesn't mean that card refers to the same person.

Rodney

tarot_quest

For the record "on hold for me" could mean "in store for me".

Thanks Rodney! I was trying to phrase my thought (the original reading was in French). I am always trying to improve my English, so I will keep in mind this other expression :)

6C could represent a former lover, an old friend or renewing ties with someone from your past. The 2C Rx says to me that the connection won't immediately be romantic. The AP speaks to building a new/strong foundation. Together the cards could be saying that the Universe has in store for you a non-romantic (2C Rx) reconnection with someone from your past (6C) so that you to can lay the foundation for something new together (AP).

That is an interesting twist. I did not think about someone from my past, but it could well be the case. I like how you view the 2 of cups rx, I never thought about it as something non-romantic. I am assuming that you referred to friendship at the first place. It could be true and it will go in my definitions for this card rx, when talking about love. Yes, I also think that Ace of pentacles means building something (at least the potential for).

Lacking the context of the other cards from the reading, the 2C could point to an emotional connection with someone other than the person talked about in the original reading.

The first reading seems to be focused on the long term since you didn't specify any time frames, while the second reading has an imposed time frame. So even though the same card appeared in both readings it doesn't mean that card refers to the same person.

Indeed, it could be that the first draw refers to a certain person from my past (no specific time frame), whereas the second draw refers to someone coming this year.

I thought that it was the same person (Ace of pentacles came again for the second draw with the upright 2oC), but I will surely keep your possibility in mind.

Thanks!