Download the newly released Orphalese Tarot Software Version 10 for Free

purple_scorp

So far I am disappointed in the performance of and the support for Orphalese. :(

I want to be able to turn cards sideways instead of just stacking them, and I want to actually be able to use spreads if I take the time to download them.

Not being able to find answers in 'help' is extremely frustrating.

I liked tarottracker just fine, but it appears to be defunct, so I was hoping for something I could install and use. I feel ripped off, honestly.

Hi Israfel,

at this stage, you can drag the Card around the screen but you can't rotate it (this functionality is on the development list).

I sent you an email with screen shots on how to associate a deck with a downloaded spread so that you can edit the spread. (I don't think I can post images here.)

I originally wrote the help website for version 9 and have been working my way through all pages to update the information for the new version (version 10, which has a significant number of new features so is taking time). Please let me know if there are specific features that you feel should take priority and I can increment them up the video demonstration priority list.

Hopefully, I've been able to provide some information and assistance that will see you giving the software a second chance as I'm sure you'll love it once we sort some of these issues for you.

with love

gregory

Why feel ripped off, Israfel - did you pay for a licence ? it's cheap anyway - but the basic is free.

ANYWAY - I have always had every question answered when I've got stuck - I've had Orphalese for years. You could go to the forum for help - there's usually someone there who knows. In my experience NO help files can ever cover that one thing you suddenly need to know (I spent an hour yesterday looking for the answer to a WINDOWS issue that isn't anywhere in their help files !)

It does take a bit of time to get used to it. With reference to your specific problem, if you have a great need to rotate cards, you can always screenshot the spread and put it in some image programme - then you can do that with ease.

purple_scorp

Orphalese Software Support

Hi all,

I thought it was worth posting a general statement about the best and quickest way to get Orphalese software support.

I'll start by saying that my association with the software is as a volunteer and (as I also have a full-time job) I can only work on Orphalese software support, the help website, and the software demonstration videos after hours and at the weekends. Plus, I live in Australia, so if you are from a different time zone, I'm not going to be able to provide you with an instant solution.

Having said that, Orphalese also has a facebook page and a community forum where you can post questions that can be answered by other users, so this may be a quicker option than waiting for me.

And of course, on the Orphalese net website itself, there is also a place to send an email with your question. (The email will either go to me, or to the programmer (who lives in Europe), so again, depending on your time zone, you may not receive an instant response.)

If you're willing to be patient, I'm very happy to receive pms through Aeclectic and will endeavour to at least acknowledge your message as soon as I can (if only to say that I can't respond to it properly until a later time).

You may choose instead, to open a new thread here at Aeclectic with "Orphalese help required" in the title as there are now many Aeclectic members that have the software.

I am reminded of a great Aussie song by a band called The Little River band. It's called "Help is On its way" and the chorus goes like this:

"Hang On. Help is on its way.
I'll be there as fast as I can."

So, rest assured, someone is listening and will be able to help you with any software questions or issues.

with love

gregory

A HELP THREAD ! Good idea. :thumbsup:

Except that I don't need any right now, so I'll wait.

purple_scorp

gregory, you may very well be the first to open it!

gregory

But I don't NEED any help just now....

tarotlova

Why feel ripped off, Israfel - did you pay for a licence ? it's cheap anyway - but the basic is free.

ANYWAY - I have always had every question answered when I've got stuck - I've had Orphalese for years. You could go to the forum for help - there's usually someone there who knows. In my experience NO help files can ever cover that one thing you suddenly need to know (I spent an hour yesterday looking for the answer to a WINDOWS issue that isn't anywhere in their help files !)

It does take a bit of time to get used to it. With reference to your specific problem, if you have a great need to rotate cards, you can always screenshot the spread and put it in some image programme - then you can do that with ease.

The same here for me, had it for years and since Orphalese has a Facebook page my questions get answered within a day or two! I have the paid version but have to say the last two years I have been really using it, I read online and the screenshots I can send are a Godsend! I could never take good quality pictures no matter how hard I tried! Particularly with large spreads I love Orphalese! So glad Orphalese is working on the cards turning sideways! For now I just arrange them to the side and it works fine, keep up the good work Purple_Scorp we appreciate it!

purple_scorp

The same here for me, had it for years and since Orphalese has a Facebook page my questions get answered within a day or two! I have the paid version but have to say the last two years I have been really using it, I read online and the screenshots I can send are a Godsend! I could never take good quality pictures no matter how hard I tried! Particularly with large spreads I love Orphalese! So glad Orphalese is working on the cards turning sideways! For now I just arrange them to the side and it works fine, keep up the good work Purple_Scorp we appreciate it!

Thanks tarotlova.

I'll add that in the last year, Orphalese has really come into its own. I mean, it's always been a fantastic program and easy to use but the release of Version 10 saw many new awesome features. Plus, now with the FB page, the help website, and the YouTube videos in addition to the community forum, there are so many places a user can go when they get stuck.

purple_scorp

Difference between the Registered and Trial Version

A note to all,

I thought it was worth mentioning, or clarifying, the difference between the Registered (paid) and the Trial (free) Versions.

The Trial version can be downloaded for free and can be used forever. You can choose to download the software with sample Deck(s) and, there are additional Decks (about 40) you can download from the Orphalese website. (There are also Spreads that can be downloaded from the Orphalese website too.)

However, the major difference is that the Registered version allows you to use an unlimited number of Decks whereas, the Trial version only allows you to use three. It doesn't matter how many Decks you download from the Orphalese website, if you do not have the Registered version, you are only ever going to see the first three (alphabetical) Decks in the My Decks list.

Secondly, having the Registered version allows you to access the File Exchange where you can download 100s of Decks, Spreads, and Card Notes.

If you are learning the Tarot, it's worth paying for the Registered version because it costs around the same amount as a Deck of Cards, but gives you unlimited access to the shared Decks, Spreads, and Card Notes. It's awesome to use the Compare Cards function with the Registered version because you can view the same Card from all of your Orphalese Decks which makes the feature so invaluable as you are easily able to compare artistry and symbolism from author/creator to author/creator with the click of a button.

Compare Cards also works with the Trial version but you are limited to viewing the first three (alphabetical) Decks only.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify the difference because, if you are experiencing problems with some of the functionality, it may be because you are expecting to use the features of the Registered version, without paying for it.

with love