Ophidia Rosa Tarot by Leila and Olive

banbha

I found I really liked the poetry element in the LWB for this deck. It's not your standard keywords and I find the rhyming helps me remember. I have to agree that because I do not come from a plant knowledge background it is a bit difficult to id and understand the associations of the plants. Perhaps the creator is working (hopefully) on a guidebook? I would really love to know the historical associations with the plants she chose as I think that would help a lot with reading the cards. I'm sure I could look them up myself one by one but it would be nice to have it all in one place with the creators insight as well. Here's to hoping they are making a guidebook next :p

While she didn't completely say no to the idea of a guidebook in the future, it's not what she's working on now. I've been wondering what it might be.

If you use the Pythia Botanica Oracle with the guide book you might get a better idea of some of the flowers and plants that crossover between decks. :)

Penthasilia

Just used it for ISG and I have to say this reads like a dream. I get now why she didn't use a book- it would have made it too cerebral. Being forced to use this intuitively and with the poems is part of what makes it a powerhouse.

Glad that I took the plunge- definitely an amazing deck.

Oh- and the cardstock is amazing, the quality of the whole production is impressive- this will be one I will be using often. And again, even in reading- it reminds me a lot of the Ironwing- except much more approachable.

pickled pixie

Just used it for ISG and I have to say this reads like a dream. I get now why she didn't use a book- it would have made it too cerebral. Being forced to use this intuitively and with the poems is part of what makes it a powerhouse.

Oh- and the cardstock is amazing, the quality of the whole production is impressive- this will be one I will be using often. And again, even in reading- it reminds me a lot of the Ironwing- except much more approachable.

This is good to know as I have recently ordered the deck! [emoji4] Is there much symbolism to go off of and does it follow RWS? It's hard to tell from the few images I've seen....

banbha

It is amazing and gorgeous. I let go of my quest to identify (I can't help it, I like to know plants, lol) and have been letting the deck speak to my intuition. It's a beautiful thing.

And your point on Ophidia Rosa being a much more approachable Ironwing is spot on!

Penthasilia

This is good to know as I have recently ordered the deck! [emoji4] Is there much symbolism to go off of and does it follow RWS? It's hard to tell from the few images I've seen....

There is a great deal of symbolism to it. As far as following the RWS- the imagery isn't there but the poems point to a more RWS system than Thoth or Etteilla. I really find the poems add so much to it.

pickled pixie

There is a great deal of symbolism to it. As far as following the RWS- the imagery isn't there but the poems point to a more RWS system than Thoth or Etteilla. I really find the poems add so much to it.

Thanks for the reply Penthalisia [emoji4] Do you think you need flower and plant knowledge to be able to use the deck?

trixeebelle

My tarot is on the way - now I wish I had gotten the oracle deck as well. This may be the prettiest deck I've ever seen. I also go the bandana.

Penthasilia

Thanks for the reply Penthalisia [emoji4] Do you think you need flower and plant knowledge to be able to use the deck?

No- I think it is great as is- no flower or plant knowledge required. :)