Mystic Fairy Tarot Discussion Thread (2007 and 2009 threads merged)

planetmoon

I just picked up the Mystic Faerie and would like to join the group. It is a curious deck that is getting curiouser and curiouser. I particularly love the Strength and World Cards so far.

I think I need to brush up on my botany though, however the accompanying booklet is helpful.

planetmoon

The companion book

The companion book, by Barbara Moore, to this deck is very good indeed, much better than the one she wrote for the Gilded. She presents the cards as a whole entity and the advice/interpretation she gives at the end of each explanation is apposite and useful!

lmf

I have the Mystic Faerie and it's a little weird getting used to. It's the second deck I've ever owned and it's odd switching from the Rider Waite to this. Some of the imagery is a little different.

Hopefully I'm not too late to join! I'd appreciate any opportunity to get to know this deck better.

Raven134

I love this deck, I own several decks but this one really touches me. I don't use the Tarot for divination as much as a tool for personal spiritual growth. The Cards have been wonderful for this type path working. I love the book that comes with the cards too Ms Moore out did herself on this one. The Faerie tales for the Minor Arcana are particularly nice great way to learn the deck.

Free Spirit

Do you use the whole deck for pathworking or just the Major Arcana?

NoelleNoey

I've got this deck for quite a while and I'm doing and IDS on it. I'll like to join the study group too. Is anyone still studying the deck?

Free Spirit

I brought this deck towards the end of last year. I love it.
I especially like the major arcana.

NoelleNoey

LOL. I got mine around the same time too :D It was a belated birthday gift from my friends where I randomly selected this deck.

I love the artwork and how gentle the images are. The major arcana are really pretty. I've got Brian Froud's Faerie Oracle as well and they intimidate me sometimes : /

Raven134

Free Spirit, I tend to use the whole deck, in my path working been doing so ever since I got this deck. I simply love working with it. My Thoth deck is now my second favorite :)