Game of Hope reproduction decks?

Aster Breo

I'd really like to get a Game of Hope reproduction deck -- ya know, "the cards that stated it all" and what not. But I'm confused about the reproductions available.

Can anyone explain what's out there and what the pros and cons are of the various options?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

~ Aster

Lee

Hi Aster Breo,

As far as I know there are three editions available of this deck. One is produced by Tarot Professionals and sold through Game Crafter:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/the-original-lenormand

The second is produced and sold by gameofhopelenormand.com:

http://gameofhopelenormand.com/

The third is published by Königsfurt-Urania Verlag and is available on German Amazon:

http://www.amazon.de/Ur-Lenormand-S...=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=alexander+gluck+lenormand

You can read Le Fanu's review of the latter deck here, and there are links there to his reviews of the other two as well.

Hope this helps,
Lee

papercut

I recently received the Game of Hope Lenormand mini from gameofhopelenormand.com

I can recommend this reproduction. The images are clear and the card stock is good. It is very small, being a mini deck, but lenormand decks tend to be on the smaller side anyway.

It's a great deck to have if you're interested in lenormand history. It's very readable too!

Aster Breo

Thank you both! This is very helpful.

Aster Breo

Hmmm. I just clicked on the links and, for the 2nd link listed above (gameofhopelenormand.com), I found this message on the website:

Game of Hope is taking a break. Check back soon.

I wonder how long it'll be down. Not that I'm in a huge hurry for this deck. May is going to be a stupid-busy work month for me, so I won't have much free time. But I'm hoping to have a little extra money once those paychecks roll in and the pending bills get paid, so, hopefully, I can buy this deck then.

I'd like to purchase one that's recommended by someone here, so I'm leaning toward the one Papercut says is good. ;-)

MoonGypsy

i have had 2 of the 3 mentioned--the one by Tarot Professionals which i still have...and the one by gameofhopelenormand.com [tag_jorrit/Lauren Forstell]

They are both very nice decks IMHO.

Padma

I have Tag's Game of Hope (second deck mentioned by Lee) and I do enjoy it :) the card stock is great, comes in a handy tin, and it was meticulously done and printed.

Tag_Jorrit is a member here, perhaps you can PM her to ask when it will be available again? You might always launch an ISO in the trade thread, too :) someone might have one to sell!

Aster Breo

i have had 2 of the 3 mentioned--the one by Tarot Professionals which i still have...and the one by gameofhopelenormand.com [tag_jorrit/Lauren Forstell]

They are both very nice decks IMHO.

Thanks for the input, MoonGypsy.

How do think the two versions differ? Do you like one better?

Aster Breo

I have Tag's Game of Hope (second deck mentioned by Lee) and I do enjoy it :) the card stock is great, comes in a handy tin, and it was meticulously done and printed.

Tag_Jorrit is a member here, perhaps you can PM her to ask when it will be available again? You might always launch an ISO in the trade thread, too :) someone might have one to sell!

Thanks, Padma. I hadn't thought of doing an ISO thread.

I read on Facebook that Tag's store is open again. Haven't had time to look myself yet.

MoonGypsy

Thanks for the input, MoonGypsy.

How do think the two versions differ? Do you like one better?

Maybe the cardstock was slightly different and the backs. i don't really remember
anything else specifically.

i only have the one i bought from the UK [Tarot Professionals, i think?] so i may have liked that one a bit better. :) i think for a while they stopped using gamecrafters, [back then]as they weren't happy with the first printing which had a slight green tinge to it.
Personally, i would love to find one of those greenies...;) And i really liked the backs...

The one i purchased was a wee bit more than they are now through gamecrafters. i am not sure,
but i don't think the one from tag's gameofhopelenormand website is available any longer...but it was
quite nice, too. i believe those were limited editions and they were all sold. Someone correct me if
i misunderstood.;)

So i did like both editions i've had [and the one that i still have]...
i just happen to LOVE the Game of Hope Lenormand deck for so many reasons--
especially historically. i am grateful to have any lovely reproduction.

i didn't know about this one published by Königsfurt-Urania Verlag:

http://www.amazon.de/Ur-Lenormand-S...=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=alexander+gluck+lenormand

so thanks for posting that link, Lee!