My GT

zayats

Hello,

I am posting my Grand Tableau here together with my interpretation. If anyone has some thoughts to add, feel free to share your insights. I've had some experience with Lenormand but have hardly used it in the last year, so there's probably a lot I can't spot. If no-one comments, that's also OK, the thread will be here for future reference and I will post my feedback on it in the future for others to learn.

So here goes: (how fortunate that words in English are so short!)

Heart - .Sun. - .Birds. - Garden - House - .Child. - ..Tower.. - ..Ring..

Mice.. - .Key. - ..Fox.. - Letter - Stars - ..Dog.. - Mountain - .Moon.

Coffin - Snake - .Fish. - .Bear. - .Tree. - Clouds - ..Cross.. - .Stork.

Rider - Woman - Book - ..Path.. - .Lily. - ..Whip.. - .Clover. - ..Man..

--------------- Anchor - Flowers - .Ship. - Scythe

GENERAL

First, I find the significator, Woman - it's on the house of Book - which can be both learning and secrets. I may appear secretive to others, but I don't think it would have any significance if I'm doing a reading for myself, so it probably pertains to learning or a need to learn more, perhaps being surrounded by secrets.

There's quite a lot above me and it makes sense as there are things weighing down on me. Luckily, I am positioned more towards the left, which means I am looking forward to the future rather than being affected by the past.

The four corners show Heart-Man-Ring-Rider, which would suggest a new romance or that someone is on my mind, yet it's not the case. Perhaps the cards find that topic of love important :)

LOVE

Let's look at love then: I've got very positive cards in the first row, which indeed could be suggestive of something coming my way. Heart in the first house (Rider) suggests someone new. The cards under Heart show that I faced stress and loss in love. The cards to the right are promising though and there's a union at the end. The ring card is in the Coffin house (but I don't really care and don't see it as all that negative), Rider is the house of the Ring, Rider goes back to Heart (which again suggests someone new). I checked Coffin - it's in the Stork house, and Stork is in the Heart house. So I guess it's all good ;) The Man is in the Moon house, which suggests someone who's recognised. I probably don't know him at this point...

PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE

Let's go back to me, though. To the left is my past - the Rider (which is probably some news but not a person), and Coffin - Coffin makes a lot of sense as I used to be depressed and isolated. Now, what's interesting, above me is the Sun, the Key and the Snake. This is my now. There is some new-found optimism and ideas with the Sun and Key, but not sure about the Snake. This might be me trying to figure things out, but other things in this spread make me think there is a cunning person in my surrounding who's masking his/her real intentions...

To my right is my future in the next couple months[/]. Book, Path, Lily, Whip, Clover, Man - looks like a serene time, good news, a decision about learning? There seem to be some trying times with the Whip, but this could be temporary. There is this man in the end - looks like I will meet someone... Will this be romantic though? Not necessarily, but seems like a lucky encounter nevertheless.

Diagonally, to the upper right, is my nearest future - Fish, Letter, House. News about money? and/or about home? Hope it has to do with a job, although what would the House be about then? Firmly located in the house of Tree?

To my lower right diagonal is Anchor - a promising card speaking of stability and possibly a job. This comes with the beautiful Bouquet :D so indeed it does seem like a gift, and then we have Ship, which suggests travelling for a job, moving. But then... the Scythe. Hmm, what could this be about - I prefer to think of it as harvesting and not an abrupt ending.

WORK

Like I read about love taking the Heart card as central, I want to read about career. But I'm not so sure which card to choose. I choose Anchor, as this is the kind of job I'm aiming at - something stable. I've already discussed some cards around Anchor - which all seem promising but the Scythe. I am wondering though if this is not a card of taking risk. The row above Anchor looks mysterious (Book, Fox) but promising too. Any help with the job cards?

FRIENDS

I am worried about my friendships. The Dog is in the house of the Fox :O The Snake is in the house of the Dog - it's almost like I have a deceitful friend I don't know about. The Dog is surrounded by pretty gloomy cards, so perhaps it's just someone who feels isolated or will soon feel like this and the negative cards are more toward his right. Alright... after a lot of thinking I think I know who the friend is - although I wouldn't dare to say he's deceitful... I figured, looking at the Child above the Dog, that it's someone who has problems with his kids - since I hardly keep in touch with friends with kids, I couldn't come up with anyone in particular. Then it dawned on me that the row he's in represents his now and apart from the Child, there's Clouds, Whip and Scythe... The Whip is what's connecting us, so... I think it's someone I tend to argue with more and more often. He has a girlfriend with a kid but he used to be somewhat afraid about the futrue of this relationship and they also had some problems with the kid. Wouldn't say he's cunning or wants to trick me, but there might be some problems ahead.

CENTRAL CARDS

Now, the last thing, I look at the central cards: Letter, Stars, Bear, Tree. As far as I know, you read them diagonally - so Letter-Tree - I have no idea what it's talking about... Letters are fast, yet Tree is slow, especially in the house of the Mountain. Stars-Bear - looks like slow but steady growth and maybe a dream come true but taking very long to materialise.

If anyone's willing to have a look at this reading and offer some insights, I'd appreciate it :) Thanks!

zayats

I thought I'd update this reading as I've learnt something new. In my GT I was quite in awe about how many things point to some iffy things in the friendship department. There is a Snake above me, which is in the house of Dog. The Dog is in the house of Fox. So it looks like something's cooking.

And just the other day I found out a friend of mine, who's lived abroad for a few years and whom I have known since childhood is visiting our home town. We always kept in touch and whenever she visited and I was here, she'd let me know beforehand and we'd meet. But this time she did not let me know, I found out from my mum, who'd been told by my friend's family. Today my friend posted on her fb that she was heading here, so she's certainly not at all bothered about how I feel about her lack of contact.

As I said, we used to keep in touch, sometimes we'd talk rarely, i.e. less than every month or so. I noticed it was me who started the conversation and sometimes she would be reluctant to talk so I stopped contacting her to see if she'd contact me first. And she hasn't for a few months months now, and now she's coming here and didn't even let me know. We used to go to the same school, we even used to live together a couple of years and she used to be jealous and possessive, but later our relationship got calmer and more 'normal' as we both matured, or... apparently, it just seemed that we matured.

I can't see in the cards how the friendship will develop. But if she's the Dog, I guess Mountain means no movement.

So much for the update.

Sharla

Hi Zayats

Another thing i do in a GT aswell is look for the card you want more info on i.e dog, then see what house dog is in and your is in fox like you say, then look for what house fox is in which is whip, then look for what house whip is in which is moon, then look for what moon is in which is stars, then carry on till you get back to the card you started with or near.

This is supposed to tell you some sort of a story about the chosen card.

Sharla

Also if you look at what card has landed in your house of the lady which is lilies, this is supposed to tell you what your focusing on at present.

But this would be personal to you whatever you use lilies for.

I have such a mixed bag for lilies its hard for me to tell sometimes.

zayats

Hey Sharla :D Thanks for your input!

It didn't occur to me to take note of what card was in "my" house, i.e. the Woman. You're right - Lily is a mixed bag, for me too. It's always been one of the vaguest cards for me to read. I believe it speaks of harmony, peace of the heart, contentment/wisdom - something along these lines, and it makes sense to me as I'm looking for stability and some answers and wisdom. Which explains the Book! Wow, now I get it! Not sure how far it will lead me (as things tend to get confusing with Lenormand often the deeper I go into something) but it's a good lead. Thanks :) I will analyse it from there...

As for tracing a chain of cards according to the houses they're in I actually tried that and in some cases ended with something neat and rather short, but in the case of my friend(s) (the Dog card) it seems to go on and on and on. It's Dog-Fox-Whip-Lily-Woman-Book-Letter-Birds-Ship-Anchor-Key-Scythe-Cross-Mice-Flowers-Fish-Tower-Snake.

I think at some point I'll totally lose touch with her (Scythe-Cross) and it will be a bitter ending, which is not that hard to predict given how things have been going up till now. What makes sense is the sequence Book-Letter-Birds-Ship - this could be about me being in the dark about her taking the trip here and learning about it through a third party. However the Anchor-Key-Scythe and what follows doesn't make too much sense here. I think we may meet after all (not sure if Anchor+Key is pointing to it) but I don't see this friendship last... Anyhow, we'll see how it goes and I'm more interested about the Lily thing. Thanks for the idea!

Padma

Zayats, I will also come and try to help you, maybe tomorrow? Sorry but am waiting for the vet and have a sick pup, so can't focus...but I will come back! Glad to see Sharla has jumped in! :love:

zayats

Zayats, I will also come and try to help you, maybe tomorrow? Sorry but am waiting for the vet and have a sick pup, so can't focus...but I will come back! Glad to see Sharla has jumped in! :love:

Hey Padma :) No worries, take your time. I appreciate your willingness to help - it will be interesting to read your input. All the best to your pup - take good care of him/her!

Sharla

Another interesting thing I noticed is that if your single, heart falls in the house of rider so love coming to you, and rider falls in the house of ring so also a commitment and then ring falls in house of coffin so I would say a commitment that doesn't go anywhere, then coffin falls in stork so again I would say nothing's really progressing, then stork lands in heart which then leads back to heart in the house of rider. So i think towards the end there is a restless feeling for something new or change.

zayats

Another interesting thing I noticed is that if your single, heart falls in the house of rider so love coming to you, and rider falls in the house of ring so also a commitment and then ring falls in house of coffin so I would say a commitment that doesn't go anywhere, then coffin falls in stork so again I would say nothing's really progressing, then stork lands in heart which then leads back to heart in the house of rider. So i think towards the end there is a restless feeling for something new or change.

I've already got that feeling, lol ;D Yes, I can see how you see this development in love. But to be honest, I feel so exhausted after what I went through in my love life that I just don't really take that all into consideration. I'm quite cautious to accept both the bad news and the good news the cards suggest. I'll just go with the flow :) Thank you for your input.

SA12

Hi zayats! My little two cents? Your last row looks absolutely wonderful for something career related. I see your heart/rider and rider/ring... but the ring/coffin is almost like a blessing out of an ending. You might've recently gone through a break up, so that's why I'm not reading 'personal' life as much in that last row BUT nothing says I can't be wrong and you won't meet a wonderful new man. But what gets me is the lovely Moon card there -- so reputation or romance could be yours sooner than you think. Fox is in whips, so I feel your sense of frustration -- things are either moving slow to the point of tedium or feel jam packed at work. I don't necessarily sense negativity around your dog/fox/snake cards. Snake could very well be you making moves and counter-moves. The Tower falls in Snake, and that could be a female boss/colleague, or maybe you (sometimes I find Snake is my "work me" or "academic me" but your mileage may vary). Snake is also knighting to your rider/heart and your birds/ship -- so I think that's the 'buzz' around you, and it's a positive one. Coffin is right inside stork, so there's the echo of a new beginning again.

Since Man is in Lily I felt like an older male boss or supervisor might surprise you -- Dog in fox knights to the Lily and Clover, so again, a positive 'work' association. And imho, it seems your efforts have been positively regarded by others (Moon), and it might lead you somewhere new and exciting, and really unexpected... and who knows, maybe you'll be mixing business with pleasure? ;)

The last 4 cards give a little of this too. A nice anchor/bouquet -- a stable and pleasurable work environment, possibly a raise that happens suddenly given that ship on the anchor and the scythe hitting the cross -- whatever 'holding pattern' you've been in is going to be broken, and it'll be a bit of a rush...