When cards fall into their own houses

TarotDreamer

Hi, Everyone!

I'm new to Lenormand; started working with the cards at the end of last year. I recently started working with the GT, preferring to start off with smaller spreads.

Today, with all the conversations I've been a part of about this Full Moon we're experiencing, I thought it would be a good time for a GT.

In my GT, I realized the Gentleman card (me) fell in its own house. I knew this was significant. I looked in both books I have by Rana George and Caitlin Matthews, and each says that the meaning of the card is intensified when it lands in its own house.

Thinking that was the only card in its own house, I walked away from it for a bit. When I returned to look again, I then noticed that the Sickle (Scythe) was also in its own house.

I'm curious to know what others might think of this, and am open to possible insights and perspectives.

Thanks!

Sharla

Yes cards in its own house are intensified or become more important, from what I've read.

Gentleman in its own house, I'd say would mean your focus will be on yourself maybe doing work on yourself during the time frame thrown for.

1Eleven

As a beginner you may not want to get too caught up in houses just yet. It's worth noting but you'll drive yourself crazy. For now, think of it simply saying "take a closer look" - they're also dynamic in that the cards around them become more important, too, so Man in the house of Man has little to no value without exploring the cards around 28.

Have fun

TarotDreamer

Yes cards in its own house are intensified or become more important, from what I've read.

Gentleman in its own house, I'd say would mean your focus will be on yourself maybe doing work on yourself during the time frame thrown for.

Thanks, Sharla. I was thinking along those same lines.

And you gave me something else to consider: I didn't have a definitive time frame in mind when I laid down the cards. Hmmm...guess I'll have to go with conventional wisdom on that one.

Thanks again for your input.

TarotDreamer

As a beginner you may not want to get too caught up in houses just yet. It's worth noting but you'll drive yourself crazy. For now, think of it simply saying "take a closer look" - they're also dynamic in that the cards around them become more important, too, so Man in the house of Man has little to no value without exploring the cards around 28.

Have fun

Good point, 1Eleven. I'm still VERY new at the whole GT thing. Seeing the Man in its own house just really got my attention, though.

What I did was focus on the row and column of cards that the Man card was in, and then looked at the 3x3 that had the Man as the focus card. I'll follow that up with a "counting round" line of 5 I learned from Caitlin Matthews in her book, which I really like.

And I am having fun learning to read the cards!

Thanks for your input.

starburst_au

Hey,

When you did the GT spread, did you have a question in mind, regarding the full moon?

Side note: When i'm doing 'moon' stuff... I like to see what will happen from moon cycle to moon cycle.. so the question I might ask the lennies would be... what will eventuate during this cycle.... kinda deal... Because i've found the lennies are pretty blunt with their answers for me at least.

Also i've found this site http://learnlenormand.com/ to be absolutely AMAZING! There is so much info on the site, to go over. When I was first starting out with the lennies, i use to pull 3 cards and then refer back to the site, just for clarification, until your 'intuition' kicks in and you get the feel for the cards or know the meanings....

Also, having a 'connection' with your deck I found is really important, so I carried the small deck I use around in my bag for about a year lol.... pretty sure i'm connected to the deck...

hope that helps
Cheers,
SB

TarotDreamer

Hey,

When you did the GT spread, did you have a question in mind, regarding the full moon?

Side note: When i'm doing 'moon' stuff... I like to see what will happen from moon cycle to moon cycle.. so the question I might ask the lennies would be... what will eventuate during this cycle.... kinda deal... Because i've found the lennies are pretty blunt with their answers for me at least.

Also i've found this site http://learnlenormand.com/ to be absolutely AMAZING! There is so much info on the site, to go over. When I was first starting out with the lennies, i use to pull 3 cards and then refer back to the site, just for clarification, until your 'intuition' kicks in and you get the feel for the cards or know the meanings....

Also, having a 'connection' with your deck I found is really important, so I carried the small deck I use around in my bag for about a year lol.... pretty sure i'm connected to the deck...

hope that helps
Cheers,
SB

Hi, Starburst,

No, I didn't ask a question; in reading Rana's book, she says that you don't always need a question when using the GT. I like your process for a question during moon cycles, though, so I will keep that in mind.

The Learn Lenormand site is great, I will agree. I check it out now and again, especially card combinations.

I also agree with you about connecting with a deck. I have four Lennies (number 5 is on the way) and 2 of them I really connect with (Under the Roses and Malpertuis).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...they were helpful!

Cheers,
James

starburst_au

Hi, Starburst,

No, I didn't ask a question; in reading Rana's book, she says that you don't always need a question when using the GT. I like your process for a question during moon cycles, though, so I will keep that in mind.

The Learn Lenormand site is great, I will agree. I check it out now and again, especially card combinations.

I also agree with you about connecting with a deck. I have four Lennies (number 5 is on the way) and 2 of them I really connect with (Under the Roses and Malpertuis).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...they were helpful!

Cheers,
James

No worries :D

Quick question, I haven't read the book you're referring to so i'm sure the author explains WHY you don't need to ask a question. All good... However to give your reading more context do you think posing a question, would be more beneficial while you're getting comfortable with reading lennies?

Also, I found keeping a journal and pulling 3 cards for you day helped when understanding the cards too... same with tarot cards...

cheers,
SB

Teheuti

If you regularly do hour (or more) Grand Tableau readings for people who either just want to see what's coming or want to know about a bunch of little things - then it is easiest to do a general GT. Most people say the information is strongest over 3 or 4 months and not as accurate past 6 months, so you might want to posit a 4 month overview. If you wish, you can work with past-present-future based on where the Significator lands = present. A lot of columns to the right might suggest it is going a little further into the future.

I like using a GT even for short - 15 minute readings. In that case I want a very specific question (time-delineated if relevant) and I pre-select one or more "topic" cards. I focus on what's happening with the significator and those topic cards and ignore most of the rest, unless something jumps out at me. A typical question might be, "What's the financial outlook for my home business over the next 6 weeks?" I'd check Fish, Bear, Moon (or Ship if it involves buying & selling). I might quickly check if House is near any of these - especially if the business being at home seems to be part of the issue.

Any of these in their own "house" becomes very strong for good or ill (see adjacent cards)!

TarotDreamer

No worries :D

Quick question, I haven't read the book you're referring to so i'm sure the author explains WHY you don't need to ask a question. All good... However to give your reading more context do you think posing a question, would be more beneficial while you're getting comfortable with reading lennies?

Also, I found keeping a journal and pulling 3 cards for you day helped when understanding the cards too... same with tarot cards...

cheers,
SB

I do keep a journal for all my readings. My routine is to pull three cards for a daily draw; with those I ask, "What will today bring?" or "What will happen today?" and review the day's events in relation to those cards. I want it to help me develop more accurate predictions with the cards.

When I conduct a reading outside of that, I typically do a line of 5, or a 3x3, asking a question specific to the situation.

My guess, with regard to the author's take on the GT, is that there doesn't necessarily need to be a question, as you would look for the topic cards and read the cards around each of those.

I really was inquiring on the significance of finding a card in its own house, and what others have discovered in their own experiences. It tends to stand out to me, and I wanted to see what others thought about it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!