Any games that you could play using lenormand decks?

AkiraOkihu

Hey there! I find that one of the most fun ways to learn the cards, at least for me, is to play games with them. Not reading, but games. What games could I play with a lenormand deck? Be it games that are played with playing cards (the available ones in a deck) or games specifically crafted for lenormand, I take in consideration all suggestions. Thanks a lot!

1Eleven

The Game of Hope ;)

AkiraOkihu

Oh, nice, didn't observe that these cards originated as playing cards. But, if I may have one request, where could I find the rules to the game? Because all I can find are pages about the original lenormand deck and the lenormand history, but no rules for the game.

Sharla

Ive got a good game you could play which will help you learn.

Think of a subject i.e well known films.

Then shuffle and randomly pick 2 cards..... say you pick mountain + coffin, then you decide what film these cards speak of but you have to think quick, so these could be the film.... DIE HARD the one with Bruce Willis.

You could do food..

sun + birds...this could be double potion of fries.

fox + tower... could be not to be trusted as it looks past its sell by date.

Gets your intuition kicking in and makes you think :)

rachelcat

That's a great learning game.

Everything I've read says the 36 card deck is based on a deck to play piquet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piquet. But this link says piquet uses 32 cards. (It leaves out the 2s through 6s, instead of just the 2s through 5s.)

So I wonder what game uses 36 cards?

(BTW, this is why some oracle decks (including some LS ones) have 32 cards. Or 36 cards. Or 52. They're all the numbers of cards in a "typical" deck.)

Further Wiki search says 36 card decks and the games played with them were common in Germany. So it makes sense that the Game of Hope cards have German and French suited insets.

I know nothing about card games, so this enlightened me a bit . . .

Lee

Hey there! I find that one of the most fun ways to learn the cards, at least for me, is to play games with them. Not reading, but games. What games could I play with a lenormand deck? Be it games that are played with playing cards (the available ones in a deck) or games specifically crafted for lenormand, I take in consideration all suggestions. Thanks a lot!
And don't forget about our Lenormand Games forum! :)