"Guy" Decks?

Le Fanu

There are many, but my current favourite is the Pagan Otherworlds. Male, minimalist, unfussy and direct. There have been other threads but there are decks coming out all the time and this one is a new one!

Barleywine

There are many, but my current favourite is the Pagan Otherworlds. Male, minimalist, unfussy and direct. There have been other threads but there are decks coming out all the time and this one is a new one!

I agree that it is admirably "spare" without being "sparse." I've got my eye on that one, but my wife thinks it's "blah."

decan

I agree for the Pagan Otherworlds Tarot. Curiously I don't read with it but it is a beautiful deck.
Well, not a deck for "Joe Six-pack" nevertheless, but more for the "snifter of brandy in the drawing room after dinner" type :D
Just my opinion!

On Duck Soup the decks are all "masculine" I think. A bit expensive sometimes but it isn't the mass market.
Even their Lenormand is the most "masculine" Lenormand (called the "Boring Lenny" "No extras! no frills! 99% purely boring" LOL, but it doesn't look bad because with a Lenormand we don't really need to have detailed pictures)

Barleywine

Tarot of the Mystic Spiral

This one just came up in another thread (thank you, Patrick!). I already own it - but have been neglecting it - and think it looks like a really good fit. (Too bad it has those dismal LoS border titles.)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mystic-spiral/

Falcor

How about the Dragon tarot? It can be quite manly in elegant way.

AnemoneRosie

Try The Fountain. It is stark. There are some shirtless men. It was made by a couple of men. It has some people of colour. It is based on sacred geometry precepts, so it has some depth to it.
It has a 79th card that you can remove, but I tend to interpret it as Aeon.

Barleywine

How about the Dragon tarot? It can be quite manly in elegant way.

Hmm . . . there are two Dragon Tarot decks and a "Dragons Tarot." Male clients might appreciate them, but as a reader I'm not sure I would. The third one seems the least remote. Which one did you mean?

Barleywine

Try The Fountain. It is stark. There are some shirtless men. It was made by a couple of men. It has some people of colour. It is based on sacred geometry precepts, so it has some depth to it.
It has a 79th card that you can remove, but I tend to interpret it as Aeon.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at this one when it was first announced. It would be nice to see larger images of the cards. What caused me to hesitate up front was that many of the cards seem more "misty" or "watery" than I like. The backs, however, are quite striking.

mercuryempress

Light and Shadow

if you are not picky about card size and stock , the cards are huge and the stock is delicate

Barleywine

Light and Shadow

if you are not picky about card size and stock , the cards are huge and the stock is delicate

This deck is quite inexpensive now, even new, so I stuck it in my cart. If the card stock is fragile, I'll just keep it for my own use. I have a spread or two where I match up large decks, so one more can't hurt.