Reading Advice

smw

This reference to the moon within the Ace of cups is an interesting idea, a link between these two upper quadrants.

In regards to your mention of the Knight of Wands you see tis as a burn out card. Do you see much significance in it facing towards the centre of the quadrant? I would also be interested in your thoughts over whether this card might represent a particular person.

I was wondering about the Moon reference too, I haven’t got far. The Book of Thoth states “At the base cup is the Moon, for it is the virtue of this card to conceive and to produce the second form of it’s nature”, I am not sure what that is about. The Ace of cups is also described as the feminine counterpart to the Ace of Wands, derived from the Yoni and Moon, exactly as that is from the Lingam and the Sun, the third of the Hierarchy…representing the essential form of the Holy Grail.

Interestingly, Duquette relates the Princess of cups to this card, seen by the scallops bursting from the cup repeated on the Princess’s dress and suggesting her relationship as throne of the Ace. Perhaps then your facing Knight of Wands(fire) is meeting the Princess of Cups (water) paralleling again the feminine and masculine principle of the card, two people interacting.

I was looking at the upper quadrants with the hub cards, DEVIL/LUST/ART and what I noticed is that the Sinister quadrant seemed to reflect them more apparently than the Dexter.

DEVIL – stong creative, masculine, impulsive, reckless force-----> The Knight of Wands (as a person? fiery, strong impulsive etc)

LUST –Babalon holds up the Holy Grail, high Magick working--> Ace of Cups

ART - Art alchemically mixing fire and water for transformation….> The Ace of Wands & Ace of Cups.

I am thinking maybe the Moon on the Dexter path might relate to self – transformation, a more solo thing leading to a positive outcome while the Moon reference for the Sinister…hmm not sure, maybe interaction with another and some kind of outcome. Perhaps someone else more knowledgeable than me might be able to help you here….

On the Tree of life with 10 spheres (I don’t know if it that is a system you use, might or might not be helpful) there is something about the two upper quadrants that I noticed. The Dexter path with sixes relate to Tipareth (6) harmony, balance and beauty, while the Sinister path has Aces (high!) at the spiritual top of the tree Kether (1) and the Knight at Chockmah (2). Just a thought that one path is a shift upwards about half way ish while the other is really high… which reminds me of the possible burn out. I don’t see any bigotry or cruelty with the Knight of Wands here so far though…..

(The Moon card itself is positioned near the bottom of the Tree while the higher aspect of the Moon is attributed to the High Priestess near the top, different levels again?)