Odd Historical Circle ~ December 2016

dancing_moon

Dear lovers of historical decks,

It's time for another Odd Historical Deck Exchange! This is a place for those of us who have historical decks that don't fit in the TdM format and thus haven't been out to play for a while. :)

For this round, no TdMs are allowed! Decks that qualify are:

- any Etteilla deck, including Esoteric Ancient and Dame Fortune's Wheel
- Sola Busca
- Vacchetta/Tarot of the Master
- Minchiate
- Jeu de Tarot/playing Tarot (e.g. Alan Tarot)
- Mantegna
- Egipcios Kier
- Saint-Germain Egyptian Tarot
- Cary-Yale Visconti
- Wirth and Wirth-based decks, including Lasenikuv
- decks based on Eudes Picard's designs (Crystal Tarots (Trevisan), Universal Wirth)

If you have any other odd historical decks you think would be fitting here, please let me know. :)

Timeline:
- Sign-up is CLOSED
- Sign-up closes and reading partners to be assigned on: 10th December 2016
- Reading and feedback to be completed by: 4th January 2017
Note: Please PM me and your partner if you expect to be late with your exchange, and an extension of time will be set. Otherwise, unfortunately, you'll earn a strike!

Sign-up list
AnemoneRosie
Aoife
JylliM
LauraKai
Michellehihi
nisaba
rachelcat

Partners list

AnemoneRosie & JylliM - Complete! :royal:
Aoife & dancing_moon - Complete! :royal:
LauraKai & Michellehihi - Complete! :royal:
nisaba & rachelcat - Complete! :royal:

Spreads:
The suggested spread for this exchange is:

The Strength spread

1 - What is my biggest strength at this time?
2 - What is my biggest weakness?
3 - How can I turn it into a strength?

For an extra challenge, you may want to use the Comte de Mellet's spread instead, assigning weaknesses to the Minors and how they can be turned into strengths to the Majors. :)

You are also free to choose your own spreads, with a minimum of three cards.

The Reading Exchange posting rules apply as usual.

No-show/Problems:
If anybody has a problem completing their reading or feedback, please please please get in touch with your reading partner and myself. It's not nice to be left hanging in an exchange - and whoever is NOT completing an exchange he or she signed up for (and especially fails to communicate about it) will not be allowed to sign up again until it is completed - and in worst case even risks a three months ban from all reading exchanges.

If there should be any problems, feel free to contact me and I will try to sort it out, with the help of another moderator if necessary.

Wishing everyone a happy exchange! :party:

AnemoneRosie

Yes! I love this one :)
I'm in.

rachelcat

Hey, this sounds like fun! I'm in. It's been so long since I've done an circle! Now to decide which deck . . .

Michellehihi

I'm in! (Although I had said I didn't have time in another thread, this one looks toooo much fun!)

nisaba

Given that the Cary-Yale Visconti deck is approved, can we get a blanket-approval for all Visconti decks: the golden, the LoS, the Piedpont, all of them? After all, they're all historical and non-TdM.

Even if we don't, I'm in. I have decks that fit the current list. :)

AnemoneRosie

Given that the Cary-Yale Visconti deck is approved, can we get a blanket-approval for all Visconti decks: the golden, the LoS, the Piedpont, all of them? After all, they're all historical and non-TdM.

Even if we don't, I'm in. I have decks that fit the current list. :)

Ooohh.... using the golden would be nice if we could.
I'm still aching to use my Grand Etteilla, though.

JylliM

Cool - I'm in!

pacificwaters

I guess I would be sitting this one out! No non TdMs that fall in the said definition!! Have fun everyone!

dancing_moon

Welcome everyone! :D Hope to see you back soon, pacificwaters! :thumbsup:

The reason why Cary Yale is eligible is the extra cards (female Pages and Knights), and the Virtues instead of some Majors. Because other Viscontis have the same structure as the TdM, they're allowed in the regular TdM Circle and therefore not here. :)

ETA: Added Wirth-based and Picard-based decks to the list.

LauraKai

I'm in ☺

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk