How is the new Vertigo Tarot cardstock?

2_Journey

Hi everyone!

Now that the Vertigo has been reissued and is out there in the world, I wondered if anyone could speak to how the cardstock is. Is it too thin? Are the cards too big? Too small? Just right? Will they stand up to repeated use? Also, how's the book?

I've been looking at this deck for a while, but if the cardstock is crap, I might skip it.

Thanks!

2_Journey

Wildchild

Card stock :(

The card stock is thinner than most. It's a very light card that will probably not hold up to normal use unless you're super careful. It is a beautiful deck...especially if you love Vertigo comics.

I would have paid more for a deck with a better quality stock. I was disappointed that they cheaped out on that, considering how nice everything else is. The cards have those little white nubs around the edge like they were punched out and then detached from a larger sheet. I hate those!

OOnaOwl

i.m.h.o. less than suitable

I have to say that I think the cardstock is terrible. I have wanted this deck ever since the first edition came out, and preordered this edition from Amazon many months ago. After eagerly awaiting it all summer, it arrived only to be a definitive dissapointment. I found them extremely thin & not worth the cost. Sadly I had to send them back! :(